5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
U

User_63152

Truck wouldn't start again this morning. Battery voltage read 9.6V. I am so over this garbage. They can't get me in until Monday. I changed all the cabin lights back to OEM bulbs on Tuesday, as per their recommendation, and still the battery is draining somehow. If they can't find anything this time, they can keep the damn thing.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think on my next tank of gas I'm just going to hammer the throttle everywhere to see if I can get that crappy of mpg's. 😂 I've been recently accused of driving like Don Garlits, so I'm definitely curious to see how much more aggressive I have to be. Then I'll start a new thread to see who can get the worst mpg. No towing allowed. 😎
You have to be pretty aggressive.

I did something like this earlier this summer to see how much my mileage would drop: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/poor-gas-mileage.18157/page-23#post-479403

Turns out I only went down .5 mpg overall (hand-calculated). Granted that was conservative (watching my mileage) to 'fun' (enjoying my truck without being a jerk on the road). A couple of tanks of aggressive ("that guy" on the road...aka ******) would probably net me another .5-1 mpg lower but I don't think it would really take that much of a dip as some quick maneuvers in traffic don't really drink up the go-juice for a long period of time. I think you would have to idle excessively (remote starts), use Tow/Haul mode (later shifts and no MDS), and drive 20mph over the speed limit to drop mpgs that much. Then you can also factor in the idle time while the Highway Patrol writes you your speeding ticket ;).

WReckeR

Reaction score
Are you driving nonstop to where you need that range? I really don’t understand why people want a larger gas tank. That’s just more weight they’re hauling around all the time. I get that a lot of people don’t care about that though.
I live in Indianapolis and travel into Appalachia for motorcycle riding. My goal was to be able to get all the way to Atlanta, where my riding buddy lives, without stopping. Stopping might add 20-30 minutes to drive time and when I'm on the road, I just want to get there. It's also nice to be able to drive to Chicago and back on a single tank.

With the unexpectedly low fuel economy, I was short by about 25 miles when I last drove home from ATL. I might've done better if I kept my speed at 70 or less, but I usually drive closer to 80 on a long haul.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you driving nonstop to where you need that range? I really don’t understand why people want a larger gas tank. That’s just more weight they’re hauling around all the time. I get that a lot of people don’t care about that though.
My thoughts exactly. I mean, even with a 26 gallon tank, you are talking at least 4-5 hours of driving. It's not good for you to drive that long without stopping. And most people will stop sooner for bathroom breaks and to stretch.

brenan00

Reaction score
If you drive like me, a 26 gallon tank will get me 400 miles. Now if you tow, 33 would be the way to go when a tank would only get you 200 miles, the extra 100 miles would be worth it. Laters

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think on my next tank of gas I'm just going to hammer the throttle everywhere to see if I can get that crappy of mpg's. 😂 I've been recently accused of driving like Don Garlits, so I'm definitely curious to see how much more aggressive I have to be. Then I'll start a new thread to see who can get the worst mpg. No towing allowed. 😎
If you start the tread let me know I’ll happily contribute some data 🤣

Ldc2335

Reaction score
If you start the tread let me know I’ll happily contribute some data
I'm in! I Drive so fast on the highway the mds/eco doesn't even kick in . Got the 3.21 gears though, and 2wd, so I'm at a disadvantage. I still usually average in the 16s.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I mean, even with a 26 gallon tank, you are talking at least 4-5 hours of driving. It's not good for you to drive that long without stopping. And most people will stop sooner for bathroom breaks and to stretch.
Just because I make a people pit stop doesn't mean I want to do it at a gas station and fill up too. ;)

Jabberjaw

Reaction score
Got a molle panel for the bed. Mobetter backup lights coming tomorrow. Waiting on a lift quote.

Jabberjaw

Reaction score
More details on the molle panel please...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

All their panels are listed as fitting 2500/3500, but I talked to the owner and he said the bulkhead panel will fit a 1500. I’ll find out tomorrow afternoon.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Builtright makes them for the 1500. Just not for the bulkhead.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I ordered the 33 gallon tank because:

(1) When trailering my MPG are almost cut in half and the extra fuel brings my pee range back up to my fuel tank range
(2) I can selectively choose my fuel stops with the larger tank bypassing stopping for fuel in less desirable locations or maybe not even have to stop for gas until I get back home
(3) During the winter I can refuel on nice days and be in my nice warm cab while others are refueling on cold nasty days
(4) The extra two minutes to pump the additional 8 (?) gallons of fuel means I’m stopping for fuel one less time for every three tanks of gas
(5) The extra weight issue can be solved just by not putting on as much fuel…..me I’m topping off every time
(6) Fuel is more expensive along major highways so I can go out and back on one tank of the cheaper fuel found in my hood

Last edited:

Camdingo777

Reaction score
I de-badged the chrome letters and re-badged with black. I left them off of the sides because I think it looks better clean.

Attachments

• 8298670E-056D-4679-8932-6FB6AFE76D96.jpeg
    8298670E-056D-4679-8932-6FB6AFE76D96.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 4B9E17FA-911D-4095-9CED-3D031A2DA89F.jpeg
    4B9E17FA-911D-4095-9CED-3D031A2DA89F.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 102

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is what I did to my ram today. Took her offroad for the first time.

P.s. don't know if you can see in the far right corner is my charger...hiding from the dirt...lol
a4f96a1c9c9f3033af62d71588fe5a92.jpg

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread