5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just feel like it would be nice when I tow things around to have the bigger tank. On this road trip I'm about to take I would definitely love to have the long range. Going up to the Rockies it's a 16 hour drive for me. I usually do drive non-stop until I have to use the RR or get hungry.
I drink so much water and coffee when I’m driving that I can’t ever make it an hour and a half without having to stop, so I havent run into a problem yet

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are available in black? I think I would like some protection but not chrome
Pep boys probably has them. Added bonus: they come with flame stickers already, so you don't have to add them on yourself.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well what I did today was go to my dealers ram website to check inventory. Not looking to buy, but I'm always curious.

Noticed that they are running a "Black Friday sale...all month"!! But something stood out with all of the cars and trucks. SMH.

be5d5d601b69bdcbffdcc89a75047994.jpg
ad80685ba87bfe3d9be863b65dd15309.jpg

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well what I did today was go to my dealers ram website to check inventory. Not looking to buy, but I'm always curious.

Noticed that they are running a "Black Friday sale...all month"!! But something stood out with all of the cars and trucks. SMH.

2021 Ram Rebel
Hahahaha, sneaky f’ers.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score

2021 Ram Rebel
"In-house" accessory shops at dealerships are popular out here. Wheels, tires, lifts, and other "accessories" are added (and warrantied by that specific dealer) after it is delivered to the dealership but before it hits the lot for sale. Then the dealership can mark up the price (cost+labor+profit) and pass this one-of-a-kind vehicle on to you!

I'm sure their thinking is that you might not buy them on your own but you are more than willing to pay an extra $70/month for them.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just want to get to the point where I can get the dealership to replace it and in hopes that I can upgrade to a 33 gallon tank lol
The dealership will only replace parts that are specific to your VIN. If your truck did not come with a 33-gallon tank you will not be able to pay the difference and have them install it.

Are you driving nonstop to where you need that range? I really don’t understand why people want a larger gas tank. That’s just more weight they’re hauling around all the time. I get that a lot of people don’t care about that though.
I like having the option to go the extra distance. I know it doesn't cost me any less to fill the larger tank less often but it's nice to be able to go about a week between fill-ups (I drive 400+ miles a week) instead of a few days.

I also off-road so it's nice to hit the trails with an extra 6-7 gallons to start with (I'm not the hard-core/overlanding type that carries extra cans of gas and water strapped to an exoskeleton/headache rack).

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealership will only replace parts that are specific to your VIN. If your truck did not come with a 33-gallon tank you will not be able to pay the difference and have them install it.
Well poop! I was hoping it could be an option. Guess it doesn't hurt to try regardless or I might just do the upgrade myself.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well poop! I was hoping it could be an option. Guess it doesn't hurt to try regardless or I might just do the upgrade myself.
You can always try. The answer is always 'no' unless you ask.

When I had my tank replaced I wanted to make sure they didn't "accidentally" put a smaller tank in there. That's when they told me that any parts they replaced are ordered by my VIN.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can always try. The answer is always 'no' unless you ask.

When I had my tank replaced I wanted to make sure they didn't "accidentally" put a smaller tank in there. That's when they told me that any parts they replaced are ordered by my VIN.
Yeah I'm going to ask and try sweet talking them lol.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drink so much water and coffee when I’m driving that I can’t ever make it an hour and a half without having to stop, so I havent run into a problem yet

When me and my girl first got together she would do that on road trips, causing us to pull over every hour. I finally got her to stop doing that and drink just minimal water and now she can go as long as I can. Made a trip last summer from upstate NY to Myrtle Beach and only stopped once in VA, both used the bathroom and filled up the truck and that was it. Made it down there in almost 10 hours flat, I was real proud of her. Probably saved a few hours on that trip by only making the one stop as opposed to hourly stops.

But I know everyone is different, some people like to take more leisurely trips and save fuel etc...once we are on the highway I want to get where I'm going the fastest I can and don't care about wasting more gas doing it. However, and to get back on subject, that's why I like my 33 gallon tank. It can outlast our ability needing breaks and on that trip down to SC, made it down in 2 tanks where the 26 would not have been able to do that, forcing an extra stop.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All this talk of MPG and I am over where with an average of 12.6......
I think on my next tank of gas I'm just going to hammer the throttle everywhere to see if I can get that crappy of mpg's. 😂 I've been recently accused of driving like Don Garlits, so I'm definitely curious to see how much more aggressive I have to be. Then I'll start a new thread to see who can get the worst mpg. No towing allowed. 😎

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think on my next tank of gas I'm just going to hammer the throttle everywhere to see if I can get that crappy of mpg's. 😂 I've been recently accused of driving like Don Garlits, so I'm definitely curious to see how much more aggressive I have to be. Then I'll start a new thread to see who can get the worst mpg. No towing allowed. 😎
I'm in for that! Let me know when you start that post haha.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added the weathertech bug/rock deflector to my truck. I've never been a fan of them at all. I've thrown away a few that I received from either buying a used car or two I got new as gifts. Well I got to say I like it on this truck! Looks freaking great on it! Now hope it helps me save my front windshield this time around haha.

Oh I also bit the bullet and ordered the Mopar CAI. 😬😅

Attachments

• 1497D186-5BD9-478E-BC3F-78BA7AF6E5CB.jpeg
    1497D186-5BD9-478E-BC3F-78BA7AF6E5CB.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread