5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

U

User_63152

My experience with bearing is the supplied hook/loop strips are more than sufficient and good quality.
I only say that because I noticed that when I pulled it apart, some of the little hooks would break off. As far as holding power, they are pretty good.

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
Definitely interested in your feedback on this. I've also got a diablo tune and AFE shorty headers. A throttle body is potentially next on my list of upgrades.

Didn’t get to take my lunch at work (got busy) and traffic on the way home kept my foot out of the gas. I will PM you in a day or two with feedback for sure though!

XmikeX

Reaction score
Never been much of a chrome on a truck person. Fortunately the Rebel has very little, but the Ram staring at me from the center of the steering wheel had to be "dechromed". Removed the airbag/center section, taped it up, and sprayed some Duplicolor retro red to match the burgundy accent.

View attachment 106537
How did you remove the airbag section? I have wanted to make my ram head black but didn't know a good way about doing it.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is exactly half a cord of wood:
7fgAc4A.jpeg

70runner

Reaction score
How did you remove the airbag section? I have wanted to make my ram head black but didn't know a good way about doing it.
As shown in the video, the airbag is secured by 2 levers which have to be pushed in to release the airbag assembly. I used a 1/8 punch (pic). Be sure to disconnect the battery ground for several minutes before doing this. The trick is to hold the punch (or other tool) toward the rear of the truck as you push in. You will feel it contact the lever about 1.5" inches in, then push the lever another half inch or so to release. Takes a bit of practice.

Unlike older 1500s, the airbag/cover/emblem is one assembly and the emblem can't be removed. I just taped around it.

StrwhlCtr.jpg

U

User_67930

Headlights continued:

So as we all know the only thing that separates the regular Ram LED headlights from the Night Edition LED headlights these little chrome bezels.
20210906_152457.jpg

They are just that cheap chromed plastic stuff. if you spray them down with oven cleaner all the chrome runs off and hiding underneath are the Night Edition bezels.
No painting necessary, they are ready to go as soon as you clean all the oven cleaner off.
20210906_174716.jpg

More to come.......

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I just provided the truck. It's my wife who loaded all of that up and then unloaded it up at the camp we're getting married at in Vermont. She worked her *** off today. Definitely wife material:
w4e0Yan.jpeg
I need to get your wife to talk to mine.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I just provided the truck. It's my wife who loaded all of that up and then unloaded it up at the camp we're getting married at in Vermont. She worked her *** off today. Definitely wife material:
w4e0Yan.jpeg
Wait a minute. It she's your wife already, why are you getting married?

Users who are viewing this thread