5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RAMble

Reaction score
I know it’s weird I have the Non LED Bighorn too, but the Foot well lights are not accessible... it’s like in a box and have no idea how to switch them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here's a pic of my drivers side footwell light socket and the white diffuser that I pulled off the socket to remove the bulb.

Attachments

• IMG-1135.jpg
    IMG-1135.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG-1137.jpg
    IMG-1137.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 118

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was a busy day today. Installed BedRug and adapted it to fit the MFT, Installed bed lighting, Rear window stickers had to represent the 501st, had the front windows tinted to match the rears (that was done on Friday), truck goes to the dealer on Tuesday for exhaust replacement, tips weren't even at the rear so dealer ordered new exhaust under Warranty. Now a much needed frosty cold beverage and a nice stick while I sit back and enjoy my work.

Which stick did you reach for?

LuvGun

Reaction score
I need to stop watching @Waterfowler41 YouTube channel.

Picked these up. They were cheap, went on easy and look decent. Rubber strips are already starting to peel up on the edges after a week. Maybe it's my work boots, maybe it's the "made in china." I'll try some rubber cement or something.

If you go this route, some soapy water and a stubby flat head works great.
d17306e761d1e039568a3a615de26653.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
One of my rubber strips was peeling right out of the box. Used some silicone adhesive, so far s good.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One of my rubber strips was peeling right out of the box. Used some silicone adhesive, so far s good.
It would be nice to find some higher quality pedal covers. Did you also buy the amazon covers?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the Motrobe set
Thanks. I don’t know what happen with my set, so it’s good to see that it worked for other people. I’m going to order a new set.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need to stop watching @Waterfowler41 YouTube channel.

Picked these up. They were cheap, went on easy and look decent. Rubber strips are already starting to peel up on the edges after a week. Maybe it's my work boots, maybe it's the "made in china." I'll try some rubber cement or something.

If you go this route, some soapy water and a stubby flat head works great.
d17306e761d1e039568a3a615de26653.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
I have the same set, I am going to look and see if they are peeling. I put them on and I have not really paid much attention :ROFLMAO:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the same set, I am going to look and see if they are peeling. I put them on and I have not really paid much attention :ROFLMAO:
Mine started to peel as well and I don’t wear any boots or anything. Don’t the new limited models have metal pedals, are those available for purchase somewhere?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the VLED LPR reverse light. The open tailgate did make a little contact at first, i trimmed about 3/8" off the bottom of the license plate and lowered it down and it clears now. Wiring was simple with the Curt 56584 harness and 5 way trailer connector. Light output in reverse is much better than before.

View attachment 106011 View attachment 106012
Looks very clean. I did the exact same thing and have loved it ever since.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my airlift bags installed over the weekend. Not a terrible ordeal, just took some patience. I routed the lines up into the bed side and mounted them in the removable bed hole cover (which I assume would be for bed lights?). My plan longterm is to fab up an aluminum panel and mount it over this area that would include full time air guages in line and possibly a ball valve to allow for shared air between bags, as well as separate air systems. I've considered mounting a small air tank somewhere underneath the bed as well, but that's down the road.
IMG_6312[183].jpg

70runner

Reaction score
Never been much of a chrome on a truck person. Fortunately the Rebel has very little, but the Ram staring at me from the center of the steering wheel had to be "dechromed". Removed the airbag/center section, taped it up, and sprayed some Duplicolor retro red to match the burgundy accent.

Ramhd.jpg

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First item to break on me was the passenger sun visor. Good old plastic parts right. It gets constant use holding up my sunshade but kind of annoying it broke. I’ve seen other people with this issue I guess it’s somewhat common? Anyways I replaced it myself with a new one. Easy fix, took 5 minutes ( dealership is a PITA so I just did it myself )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 107

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually did this a few weeks ago...added some TVD vinyl decals to various emblems. I switched the chrome hood badges over to black, and wanted them to pop more, same thing for Bighorn and 4x4 badges on tailgate. Looks good...good quality decals and cut pretty precisely. Excellent customer service, too. Included a free front grill RAM emblem flag decal with my order.

Attachments

• 20210906_130404.jpg
    20210906_130404.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 155
  • 20210906_130651.jpg
    20210906_130651.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 20210921_131109.jpg
    20210921_131109.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 158

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First item to break on me was the passenger sun visor. Good old plastic parts right. It gets constant use holding up my sunshade but kind of annoying it broke. I’ve seen other people with this issue I guess it’s somewhat common? Anyways I replaced it myself with a new one. Easy fix, took 5 minutes ( dealership is a PITA so I just did it myself )
My Driver Side broke a few months back and the dealer mentioned it was rather common.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine started to peel as well and I don’t wear any boots or anything. Don’t the new limited models have metal pedals, are those available for purchase somewhere?
Well mine are ok so far however I can see how they will peel in time for overall longevity it is not a great design.

As for the Limited's having nicer pedals, I don't think so.

AS for other aftermarket pedals, I have only seen ones that are a universal style so I am sure the would need to be modifications to the pedals to make them work.

Users who are viewing this thread