5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hellwig Rear Swaw bar installed, middle hole. I’m working on subtle hydro blue accents to break up the all black of the night edition and thought this would be a nice addition. Totally worth it to me. 90031821-F740-4B8A-AB9D-E9980D324EBE.jpeg

Attachments

• B429C661-DA02-479D-A42C-06E6579A4141.jpeg
    B429C661-DA02-479D-A42C-06E6579A4141.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got up this morning and performed the much maligned 5th Gen 5.7 oil change. 15 minutes later I'm off to the gym, no bags, no mess.
BTW, the Ares 56020 screw in oil funnel fits the HEMI screw in cap and works great

71r8tGvS+LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

broman66

Reaction score

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you buy the progressive springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did. I truthfully think it's my truck. Even factory it doesn't feel like my friends truck and they are identical. We bought them one week apart. Mine seems to shift to the right when I'm driving over dips or spots that uncompressed the rear suspension to the truck. Hard to explain, but when I drove my friends truck through the same place it felt firm and didn't have that right shifting effect mine has. It's all good, love my truck it's just not going to be lowered lol.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did. I truthfully think it's my truck. Even factory it doesn't feel like my friends truck and they are identical. We bought them one week apart. Mine seems to shift to the right when I'm driving over dips or spots that uncompressed the rear suspension to the truck. Hard to explain, but when I drove my friends truck through the same place it felt firm and didn't have that right shifting effect mine has. It's all good, love my truck it's just not going to be lowered lol.
That sucks! I won’t be driving it a long distance until tomorrow, so I’ll report back if there’s any similar issues.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sucks! I won’t be driving it a long distance until tomorrow, so I’ll report back if there’s any similar issues.
I hope not, truck looks good. I know I liked it better when it was lowered, but all good. :)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hope not, truck looks good. I know I liked it better when it was lowered, but all good. :)
Thanks! Hopefully you can get it sorted out eventually so you can get that reverse level back on.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was worried after you mentioned your truck having a problem, so I took mine out for 10 minute drive on some bumpy and windy back roads.

I was worried that the ride would be bad, but I think it’s better than stock. The pogo sticking and waywardness (body roll like a leaf blowing in the wind) are all gone. The truck feels way more planted and solid now. I’m extremely pleased with it.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was worried after you mentioned your truck having a problem, so I took mine out for 10 minute drive on some bumpy and windy back roads.

I was worried that the ride would be bad, but I think it’s better than stock. The pogo sticking and waywardness (body roll like a leaf blowing in the wind) are all gone. The truck feels way more planted and solid now. I’m extremely pleased with it.
Which reverse level kit did you use?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which reverse level kit did you use?
I got the max trac PN 272920.

I talked about it a little on this chat. I put bags and it helped a bit but in the end it wasn't really riding that well.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the max trac PN 272920.

I talked about it a little on this chat. I put bags and it helped a bit but in the end it wasn't really riding that well.
I have those same lowering springs with airlift and it does ride slightly harder than stock but I think what helps my truck is I have the long wheelbase, so in the end it still rides pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread