5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, it’s broken:(

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
And I’ll bet you’re one of the guys hauling a$$ down the freeway at 65 mph in 4Lo wondering why it is so loud in the cab…just before the t-case grenades. 😂
I've actually read a story about a guy who was traveling in an RV with his family, they stopped at a dealership and picked up a brand new Wrangler Rubicon. Hooked it up to the RV and drove 1000 miles until he realized that the Jeep is not doing so well... He forgot to put the T-Case in neutral 🤦‍♂️ Engine, Tranny and T-case exploded due to the insane RPM (low gear at 55mph means the engine had to spin at 50,000RPM!!!!) It looked bad.. Brand new car, not even 100 miles on it, TOTALED. :D
I have to find this article again haha

EDIT: Found it! 😂

LouNY

Reaction score
OK kid,
I grew up farming and working 4wd Scouts and pickups in the 60's.
The early 70's saw USMC and a bit of all wheel driving, the late 70's saw me working
in Idaho and using 4wd's often daily and playing on weekends.
The 80's saw me in West Texas working Texas to Wyoming in oil and gas production.
4 wd quite often , racing and motorsports on weekends.
Then back to upstate NY and it's light dusting of snow. Gee I wonder how I know how to use tire chains.
My driveway is steep enough that it needs 4wd every day to avoid chewing and loosening up the gravel.
Still involved in farming and off highway driving.
My 4wd's have been used and worked constantly.
So yea I figure that I have used and worked more and varied 4wd vehicles in more situations then you have.
Also I have worked on many of them, engines and diff and transmissions the only transfer cases that have needed
work internally have been the old 203 full time cases needed new chains.
And my first wimpy T-case the 44-44 needed a switch kit before it could get out of it's own way.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK kid,
I grew up farming and working 4wd Scouts and pickups in the 60's.
The early 70's saw USMC and a bit of all wheel driving, the late 70's saw me working
in Idaho and using 4wd's often daily and playing on weekends.
The 80's saw me in West Texas working Texas to Wyoming in oil and gas production.
4 wd quite often , racing and motorsports on weekends.
Then back to upstate NY and it's light dusting of snow. Gee I wonder how I know how to use tire chains.
My driveway is steep enough that it needs 4wd every day to avoid chewing and loosening up the gravel.
Still involved in farming and off highway driving.
My 4wd's have been used and worked constantly.
So yea I figure that I have used and worked more and varied 4wd vehicles in more situations then you have.
Also I have worked on many of them, engines and diff and transmissions the only transfer cases that have needed
work internally have been the old 203 full time cases needed new chains.
And my first wimpy T-case the 44-44 needed a switch kit before it could get out of it's own way.
I’m still not impressed based upon your early post. Your opinion means nothing to me as it’s ridiculous.

I’d rather hear from the OP and how he is doing with the dealership. Any news yet 22Rebel_USCG?

Last edited:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
..... this thread has diverged greatly from the fact that the dealer should replace this!
You're absolutely right, this thread has ventured pretty far off track. Mostly I guess, because we're all still left hanging on what Ram did or didn't do for the OP. Enquiring minds want to know..

Oh snap, someone dropped the mu bomb. Now it’s a party!!

Sorry folks, wasn’t trying to derail the post or be difficult. Still think the OPs issue was a defect not something he did wrong, just speculating on how he might have accelerated the defect discovery process.
Ha ha, you know it. Gotta nerd out from time to time.
And I agree, it sounds like a defect to me too. I've seen some pretty abusive behavior on 4wd systems over the years, and pulling out of a parking space seems very mild by comparison.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What about taking to another dealer? Dealer gets paid for the repair by fca. No reason they should refuse the business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22Rebel_USCG

Reaction score
What pathetic excuse did they use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s just it… they aren’t really giving me one. It “sounds” like they are beating around the bush and trying to not blame me. But no one has come out and said that. I called the manufacturer and they recommended getting it towed to a different dealer but no one wants to touch it.

Users who are viewing this thread