5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade 2019 RAM 1500 Infotainment to Uconnect 5

Imadjiddawi

Reaction score
Since i’ts been confirmed that 2022 Ram 1500 will support Uconnect 5, do you think that 2019 Ram 1500 owners will be able to update their system to Uconnect 5. If not, do you think we will be able to replace our current infotainment aiment system with the new Uconnect 5 version?

Info: I currently own a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
SUCCESS!! I finally have a reliable wired CarPlay connection!!

Turns out it had something to do with the USB hubs. I'm guessing there is some sort of conflict with the rear hub of my 2019 and UConnect 5. After pulling the data line from the rear USB hub, all works exactly as it should. Deleted the phone from device manager so it wouldn't connect wirelessly, and CarPlay comes up within a couple seconds of plugging in the phone.

I noticed through a parts search that the front HUB on 2022 and up is a different part number. Not sure that is the reason, but for now I'm fine with just leaving the rear data disconnected.
Sorry, just trying to clarify, by rear hub are you referring to the USB connection for the rear seats, or something behind the radio module? Sorry trying to problem solve the same thing you outlined above but don’t have near as much experience in this area. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread