5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade 2019 RAM 1500 Infotainment to Uconnect 5

Imadjiddawi

Reaction score
Since i’ts been confirmed that 2022 Ram 1500 will support Uconnect 5, do you think that 2019 Ram 1500 owners will be able to update their system to Uconnect 5. If not, do you think we will be able to replace our current infotainment aiment system with the new Uconnect 5 version?

Info: I currently own a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Turn ignition to run mode, click on settings, scroll down to SiriusXM settings, click on manage system, there you will see the radio id number.
Thank you, I will try that tomorrow. I have about 3 years left of my travel link subscription and 2 months left of a 3 month free radio subscription that i want to transfer.

Just read that the travel link doesn't work on UC5 so I will have to cancel that before trying to transfer my 3 months free radio trial.

Last edited:

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Turn ignition to run mode, click on settings, scroll down to SiriusXM settings, click on manage system, there you will see the radio id number.
so since I don’t have an active subscription manage system is grayed out and doesn’t work. Is there a way to get into dealer mode that might show the radio info for sirius?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so since I don’t have an active subscription manage system is grayed out and doesn’t work. Is there a way to get into dealer mode that might show the radio info for sirius?
Is this UC5? Try to tune to channel 0, it should show your ID Number.

akostaac

Reaction score
posting this just as a good visual aid for anybody else. From what I have been told you don't connect the antenna wi-fi or the antenna BT to the UC5 radio so if anybody purchases the ebay kit that adapter doesn't get used. Jimm07 doesn't even supply that adapter.

View attachment 175356
Awesome information here, upgrading my 2022 Uconnect 5 8.4 to Uconnect 5 12' and was wondering where are these connection on my built in screen module. They are not there so I was confused. just waiting on all parts to arrive. Got a 2022 Ram TRX screen and complete bezel with 13,000miles and the module from Ebay. Got the LVDS wires , just waiting on the security bypass now.

Cnyncrvr

Reaction score
Awesome information here, upgrading my 2022 Uconnect 5 8.4 to Uconnect 5 12' and was wondering where are these connection on my built in screen module. They are not there so I was confused. just waiting on all parts to arrive. Got a 2022 Ram TRX screen and complete bezel with 13,000miles and the module from Ebay. Got the LVDS wires , just waiting on the security bypass now.
Which connections are you referring to that are not there?

myram2019

Reaction score
Anyone know what the new features on the 23.15.10 update? The screen popped up with "What's new" but it never opened and now i dont know. Searched the web and can't find any info on it. I have 2019 ram 1500

TampaORG

Reaction score
I got this done today. The radio I got was from a 2023 ram and I had to change the vehicle year to 2023 with AlfaOBD for my backup camera to work. Before doing that there were no setting or soft buttons on the screen for the camera and when I put it in reverse it did nothing on the screen.

I bought my conversion harnesses from Jimmy07 and of course my connector for the hvac controls was black and not gray so I had to grind down the keyway on the plug

View attachment 175497
When changing the vehicle year to 2023 did you get all sorts of lights on the dash:
ABS service, forward collision service, etc?

Quietpeen

Reaction score
When changing the vehicle year to 2023 did you get all sorts of lights on the dash:
ABS service, forward collision service, etc?
yes but it only showed that while I was making the change and i think it was the same as Doxmia forward collision and adaptive cruise control. when I started up the truck there were no warnings

akostaac

Reaction score
I did my 2022 uconnect 5 non nav to uconnect 5 12inch this past Friday. I got my screen bezel from a 2022 Ram TRXand the module from a 2022 Ram 1500 Big horn. Everything works as designed. Would I get OTA updates??? I’m in version 24.13 as of now.

Attachments

• IMG_8660.jpeg
    IMG_8660.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 30

Ollie2023

Reaction score
As complicated as this looks has anyone with a 8.4 screen using UC4 just tried changing to a 12" screen with UC4? I want to upgrade to the 12" screen but dont have to have UC5, it seams that would be much easier. I assume I would need to replace the 8.4 UC4 module with a 12" UC4 module? I have searched the threads and not found a thread on this, sorry if I overlooked.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
As complicated as this looks has anyone with a 8.4 screen using UC4 just tried changing to a 12" screen with UC4? I want to upgrade to the 12" screen but dont have to have UC5, it seams that would be much easier. I assume I would need to replace the 8.4 UC4 module with a 12" UC4 module? I have searched the threads and not found a thread on this, sorry if I overlooked.

MLB12

Reaction score

You'll need the UConnect 5 disassociated display, the radio module itself, and the companion video control module. As well, you'll need the conversion specific cables.

The actual changeover will take you about 60-90 minutes, depending on how quickly you work. It's all very straightforward-quite simply plug 'n play, and all the cables are colour-coded.

Coincidentally, I have a complete UC 5 upgrade package that is now available. I've been meaning to take photos and post it here on the Forum, with the required identification as per the Buy, Sell rules, but I've been extremely busy.

I'll get it posted late this evening, early tomorrow morning. You can decide from there if you're interested.

myram2019

Reaction score
do any of the new 12" screens come with wireless car play ??
I have factory 12" screen and was seeing if it was worth upgrading to newer 12" to get more function out of it.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
So if i replace my current 2019 12" screen with 23-24 12" screen, i would have wireless CarPlay and all newer features like gauges, etc..?
you need to replace the screen, radio module, and get adapter harnesses. You might want to read through this thread. Lots of info and importantly info on what you "lose" when doing this upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread