5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update: DO NOT BUY RAM WITH RAMBOX - Warping and Alignment Issue with 2019 Rams

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Right. I had someone trying to tell me ram has bought back trucks under lemon law for these ramboxes. lol

I could see this, of course state dependent. But if you present a strong case for loss of value or loss of use, they will buckle before it goes to arbitration.

Msgtowens

Reaction score
My 2020 built in October 2019 has this issue. It's a simple and clear problem. The lids aren't rigid enough to stay flat when the latch is in the center pulling down. This isn't rocket science. They need to build the lids with some structural ribbing/spars which will prevent this. Someone could use structural adhesive to attach a spar to the inside of the lid (after flattening it, perhaps with heat) and that should also correct the problem.

@RamCares what, if anything, is being done to correct this? Replacing the poorly engineered lids with the same lids isn't going to fix anything.
Just got my truck back after the dealership replaced the lids on the rambox. The lids are complete plastic and that is why they warp in the heat. Just a matter of time before I have to get them replaced again. Ridiculous.

Zinger

Reaction score
Just got my truck back after the dealership replaced the lids on the rambox. The lids are complete plastic and that is why they warp in the heat. Just a matter of time before I have to get them replaced again. Ridiculous.

And only a matter of time before the warranty runs out, and we're stuck with it.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I could see this, of course state dependent. But if you present a strong case for loss of value or loss of use, they will buckle before it goes to arbitration.
You've never been through Lemon law or arbitration, I can see that. I have, many times (ran a dealership for some years) The law is not on your side with this. You will not get a buy back for something like this.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
You've never been through Lemon law or arbitration, I can see that. I have, many times (ran a dealership for some years) The law is not on your side with this. You will not get a buy back for something like this.
Actually I received my lemon replacement truck a few weeks ago. Thanks for assuming though.

Niu45

Reaction score
@RamCares is now asking me to go to a second dealership to get their evaluation of the warping after my main dealer said there is nothing they can do to fix it. I asked why and they said this was at the request of the area manager. Now they are telling me they are going to close my case until I have my second opinion appointment scheduled. I asked ramcares why they can’t just try replacing the warped boxes and she confirmed it wouldn’t fix the problem. So there is no fix from Ram, they know they have a major problem but aren’t willing to address it on a mass scale yet because it means a major recall. After I go to the second dealer and get the same story as the first one I may look into hiring a Lemon Law Lawyer. I know Illinois has a “try to fix it 3 times” before it’s considered a lemon rule but if FCA is unwilling to even try and replace the ram boxes because it won’t correct the problem I think that I might have a viable Lemon case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
@RamCares is now asking me to go to a second dealership to get their evaluation of the warping after my main dealer said there is nothing they can do to fix it. I asked why and they said this was at the request of the area manager. Now they are telling me they are going to close my case until I have my second opinion appointment scheduled. I asked ramcares why they can’t just try replacing the warped boxes and she confirmed it wouldn’t fix the problem. So there is no fix from Ram, they know they have a major problem but aren’t willing to address it on a mass scale yet because it means a major recall. After I go to the second dealer and get the same story as the first one I may look into hiring a Lemon Law Lawyer. I know Illinois has a “try to fix it 3 times” before it’s considered a lemon rule but if FCA is unwilling to even try and replace the ram boxes because it won’t correct the problem I think that I might have a viable Lemon case.

Sounds like @RamCares is just trying to string you along. They clearly have admitted they know this is a problem with no fix and are hoping you'll just give up if they jerk you around enough. That's an excellent "additional layer of support" from them.

Adrianp89

Reaction score

Once you get finished with your third attempt, start the lemon process. Most likely need to send a certified letter notifying of final repair attempt.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Are you an attorney? Are you well-educated on the details of the Lemon Law in every state?

If not, then why are you acting like such a jerk about this?

I used to be very well up to speed on the Lemon Law details in FL (but it has been a while since I lived there, so it is possible it has changed). If it still works the way it used to, then it does not matter what the issue is. If it's covered by warranty, they get 3 attempts to fix it. If you notify them properly before the 3rd attempt, and the 3rd attempt does not fix the issue, then you can go through the process and make them buy the truck back. Pretty effing simple. Why act like you know it all about every state and then talk to people like they are either a liar or an idiot?

Every state is different. Not every state is as dickish as yours seems to be.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Oh, good! So, am I incorrect in my understanding of how the FL Lemon Law works?

Thanks!

No you are not. I won my case on something 50% of the population probably could not experience. If there is an issue, they can't fix it, and you can prove lose of use or value - you will win. (At least in FL). You will also be entitled to get a new truck up to 105% of MSRP of your old.

Rototerrier

Reaction score

Lemon'd my RAM and am just about finished lemoning my Audi Q7. Not sure which law's you are referring to....but they seem to be on my side at least. It's super easy IMO. I literally got 2 lemons almost a year apart. My faith in the auto industry has been severely diminished.

Spinar

Reaction score
all this talk about lemon laws my question is does Canada have a lemon law?
2019 Ram Sport here lost my truck for month of Nov as they were trying to fix lids of ram boxes
just waiting for them to warp next summer again

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
all this talk about lemon laws my question is does Canada have a lemon law?
2019 Ram Sport here lost my truck for month of Nov as they were trying to fix lids of ram boxes
just waiting for them to warp next summer again

Bobkid

Reaction score
Wonder if the after market will come up with a good solution for these? Maybe Tuffy will create a nice steel replacement option that people could paint to match.

Users who are viewing this thread