5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect/CarPlay Problems

O

Old member 1160

Has anyone discerned a valid fix for this yet? Is the Media Hub replacement solving people's intermittent issues with CarPlay?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone discerned a valid fix for this yet? Is the Media Hub replacement solving people's intermittent issues with CarPlay?
Mine works whenever it feels like it, it doesn't have this issue in my other car. I didn't get anywhere with dealer, they are trained to blame the phone and or cable. I changed the hub on my own with no success.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

GilS

Reaction score
To revive an old post 🤕 my CarPlay finally crapped the bed. Mine would come and go until recently. I’ve tried different cables, different phones, and even replaced the media hub myself. Nothing seems to work. The main reason I purchased this truck was for factory CarPlay. 4500 miles on a truck and should not be seeing these issues without a fix

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
To revive an old post 🤕 my CarPlay finally crapped the bed. Mine would come and go until recently. I’ve tried different cables, different phones, and even replaced the media hub myself. Nothing seems to work. The main reason I purchased this truck was for factory CarPlay. 4500 miles on a truck and should not be seeing these issues without a fix
Have you done a hard reset of your phone and removed the phone from the radio, the radio from the phone and repaired the phone and reinitiated the CarPlay?

GilS

Reaction score
Have you done a hard reset of your phone and removed the phone from the radio, the radio from the phone and repaired the phone and reinitiated the CarPlay?
I have. Now when it’s plugged in it doesn’t even show the truck available on my phone in the CarPlay set up.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have. Now when it’s plugged in it doesn’t even show the truck available on my phone in the CarPlay set up.
Next step. Try pulling the fuse for the radio from the fuse panel underneath the steering column. Let it sit for about an hour and then plug the fuse back in. That will cause the radio to perform a hard reboot as well.

GilS

Reaction score
I must have read your mind. I just got out to the truck and trying that now

GilS

Reaction score
Try pulling the radio fuse and let the radio reboot from scratch. If that doesn't do it...try another iPhone just to be 100% sure and then make an appointment with your dealer.
I’ll try the fuse. I already tried another phone with no luck. If not, then it looks like the dealer it is. Thanks for all your help 👍

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ll try the fuse. I already tried another phone with no luck. If not, then it looks like the dealer it is. Thanks for all your help 👍
Keep u posted. Even though you replaced the media hub, it could be a bad hub or a connectivity issue...stranger things have happened!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Might want to have dealer check the cabling. Mine worked on and off for over a year and a half, where it would lose connectivity and come back again on it’s own. Sometimes for days and other times just minutes. Turned out to be a bent connector (from factory assembly). It has worked 100% w/o issues since the dealer fixed it.

Took them that long to discover the issue since every time I took it in, it would be when it was working. Intermittent issues are the worst to troubleshoot, so yours should be easy if it’s down hard.

01B0882A-3FB1-49F0-BC11-9D68D96CAB32.jpeg

buckinghambuilt

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue with my 2020 RAM 2500 (12" display). I have owned it since August 2020 and the first few months it was rare that I had an issue but seems to be more frequent now. At times I can unplug and then plug back in and Carplay/Android Auto comes up without further issue. Sometimes it works flawlessly for days but its pretty frustrating when I'm ready for my commute and I now cross my fingers and hope it works as intended.

• Apple iPhone and Google Pixel 2 produce the same "Device Not Supported" and pressing okay it goes back to the process and states the same message until I unplug the phone
  • Ports USB1 and USB2 have been tried (I have not tried the associated USB-C ports but may buy a cable)
  • Soft reset of iPhone or clearing the Pixel Google related cache does not resolve the issue
  • USB charging and Bluetooth pairing works (I can make calls and play and control audio like Spotify)
  • I checked Uconnect VIN checker and it says I'm on the latest software

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue with my 2020 RAM 2500 (12" display). I have owned it since August 2020 and the first few months it was rare that I had an issue but seems to be more frequent now. At times I can unplug and then plug back in and Carplay/Android Auto comes up without further issue. Sometimes it works flawlessly for days but its pretty frustrating when I'm ready for my commute and I now cross my fingers and hope it works as intended.

• Apple iPhone and Google Pixel 2 produce the same "Device Not Supported" and pressing okay it goes back to the process and states the same message until I unplug the phone
  • Ports USB1 and USB2 have been tried (I have not tried the associated USB-C ports but may buy a cable)
  • Soft reset of iPhone or clearing the Pixel Google related cache does not resolve the issue
  • USB charging and Bluetooth pairing works (I can make calls and play and control audio like Spotify)
  • I checked Uconnect VIN checker and it says I'm on the latest software
Could be a bad USB hub...there are several members that had to have their HUB replaced. Could also be a cable issue.

buckinghambuilt

Reaction score
Could be a bad USB hub...there are several members that had to have their HUB replaced. Could also be a cable issue.
After reading through the thread I was thinking that as well and am considering taking it to the dealer. The issue is its random so I can schedule but the issue may not show itself :mad:

GilS

Reaction score
Mines at the dealer now. They thought it was the hub but that didn’t fix it. They want to keep the truck a few more days to figure out what is going on. It’s probably a wire issue like Neurobit had so I’m hoping I get a good tech like he had. I’ll post once i get my truck back

Coltopdog

Reaction score
I have a 20 RAM Limited in which Carplay just stopped working as others stated. It is not intermittent. I have tried the tricks, so I will have to take it to the dealer. I have to have Carplay working.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 20 RAM Limited in which Carplay just stopped working as others stated. It is not intermittent. I have tried the tricks, so I will have to take it to the dealer. I have to have Carplay working.
Try pulling the fuse to the radio...wait about 10 minutes and then plug the fuse back in. It will force a hard reboot of the radio. You don’t really have many options but I’d start here.

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
Are those with carplay trouble plugging and unplugging the cable from the truck every time? I have my cable just plugged in and it stays with the truck. And are those with the trouble do you have the 8.4 or the 12.1?

I too need carplay to just work...so trying to find possible ways to avoid this problem, like possibly leaving the cable plugged in 24/7 and not updating since it's working perfectly.

Thx All

SpookyWatcher

Users who are viewing this thread