5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect/CarPlay Problems

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If port 3 behind the center console works for CarPlay but the 4 ports beneath the radio do not work for CarPlay, should I just be able to replace the media hub?
As far as I know there's only one active Carplay port. Initially when i got the truck it was behind the console then they did an upgrade it stopped working. What I found out was it didn't stop working, it just moved and if I didn't find that out by sheer luck of moving the cord to the front and testing it, I would have never known it moved.

Blue Streak Ram

Reaction score
As far as I know there's only one active Carplay port. Initially when i got the truck it was behind the console then they did an upgrade it stopped working. What I found out was it didn't stop working, it just moved and if I didn't find that out by sheer luck of moving the cord to the front and testing it, I would have never known it moved.
It used to only work on USB 1, but somewhere along the way, the other 3 started supporting CarPlay too. The one inside the center console does not.

Users who are viewing this thread