5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 is much better but…

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2022 Limited yesterday... best I can tell, it was one of the last off the line. Anyway, it came with S26.15. So far, everything seems to be working just fine.

While we're on the subject though, I'm curious to know when (or what update) will include the Emergency Vehicle Alert System (EVAS). From what I've read, all UConnect5's will receive this feature at some point, but haven't seen any other information.
which is strange as @RamCares told us the latest version is 26.17 so can you check for an update.

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2022 Limited yesterday... best I can tell, it was one of the last off the line. Anyway, it came with S26.15. So far, everything seems to be working just fine.

While we're on the subject though, I'm curious to know when (or what update) will include the Emergency Vehicle Alert System (EVAS). From what I've read, all UConnect5's will receive this feature at some point, but haven't seen any other information.
Mine worked flawlessly until the S24.13 Update, now I'm plagued with problems. Every time RAM puts out a new update to fix a problem it causes other issues.

nitmik

Reaction score
Mine updated today. Have not noticed anything yet. I’ll see if anything has been fixed when I drive it in the morning.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine updated today. Have not noticed anything yet. I’ll see if anything has been fixed when I drive it in the morning.
What radio software version were you on before?
What radio software version are you on now?
Was it a radio software update that came through, or was it the Uconnect box update?

nitmik

Reaction score
What radio software version were you on before?
What radio software version are you on now?
Was it a radio software update that came through, or was it the Uconnect box update?
It was a box update.
It was on 24.13. I just went out and checked it and shows it’s on 24.13 even after the update. I’ll check it again tomorrow morning.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was a box update.
It was on 24.13. I just went out and checked it and shows it’s on 24.13 even after the update. I’ll check it again tomorrow morning.
What you received was just an OTA telematics box update, which is separate from the radio. The radio software doesn’t change with that update.

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
Ramcares says that, but I and tons of other people can't update to it and they will not provide us with the update, so i'm going with doesn't exist.
I agree! It may have come with a later build, but so far nothing regarding an update for the earlier builds. At least for my VIN#. Back in Oct RAM Cares stated to me in a PM here on this Forum a new update was ready to be aired however, I have yet to see it. Since S23.14 was the current version I would think S24.?? would be the next update or maybe even S25.??, not S26.17.

RAM Cares no longer answers my questions regarding these updates because they know they can't fool me with miss-leading information.

I own a $60K computer that doesn't function properly.

I'm 65 and this is my FIRST RAM product! It will be my LAST. Going back to GM in the future.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree! It may have come with a later build, but so far nothing regarding an update for the earlier builds. At least for my VIN#. Back in Oct RAM Cares stated to me in a PM here on this Forum a new update was ready to be aired however, I have yet to see it. Since S23.14 was the current version I would think S24.?? would be the next update or maybe even S25.??, not S26.17.

RAM Cares no longer answers my questions regarding these updates because they know they can't fool me with miss-leading information.

I own a $60K computer that doesn't function properly.

I'm 65 and this is my FIRST RAM product! It will be my LAST. Going back to GM in the future.
As much as I agree with most of what you say, my Chevy or my GMC don't get radio updates, so getting ANYTHING from Ram is more then you would with GM.

Also yes you can update to S24 via usb, but the next update is blocked via USB unless you already updated it.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Whatever the telematics update did it has seemed to help, at least for me. I was experiencing crashing 2-3 times a day each time with the annoying loud buzzing. Now in the last 2-3 weeks I only recall it happening once. It does however continue to reset itself on startup quite regularly. Wireless carplay still remains spotty at best although it connects most times. Weather and traffic, i’m past the trial and there is zero chance I’m paying for that.

pleighto

Reaction score
2022 ram 1500... screen reboots, loud sound, and it resets while driving... almost got in a crash.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
which is strange as @RamCares told us the latest version is 26.17 so can you check for an update.
Update is being released in Michigan currently right now, it has not been nationally released elsewhere as of yet. We have no set date/time on the roll out yet.

William
Ram Cares

yakbait

Reaction score
Update is being released in Michigan currently right now, it has not been nationally released elsewhere as of yet. We have no set date/time on the roll out yet.

William
Ram Cares
Does this update the Emergency Vehicle Alert System (EVAS) or was that feature already included in an earlier version for 2022 UConnect5?

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
As much as I agree with most of what you say, my Chevy or my GMC don't get radio updates, so getting ANYTHING from Ram is more then you would with GM.

Also yes you can update to S24 via usb, but the next update is blocked via USB unless you already updated it.
According to RAM Chat the USB Update floating around here on the Forum has problems and should not be used update the UConnect5 System. True/False?? Who knows....

ScubaZ66

Reaction score

William
Ram Cares
Anyone on this Forum from Michigan who owns a 2022 RAM 2500 with the UConnect5 System that can verify this update exists and is currently in use on Michigan Trucks?

Rebel2022

Reaction score

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

ScubaZ66

Reaction score

Found this info online about EVAS. Looks like it will be part of a paid subscription service. Not something I would pay anything for.
Yep! It will be a paid for service until the US government gets knowledge the EVAS System exists then it will become a requirement for all US automobiles. The question then will be "Who Pays For It"?

I for one won't pay for the service because when I drive I pay attention to my driving and surroundings. I'm not on my cell phone texting or carrying on a useless conversation. If I have occupants in my vehicle making too much noise that I can not concentrate on my driving I stop my vehicle and request silence or a toned down conversation.

The operator of the vehicle is responsible for safety whether it's seat belts, too much noise to concentrate or too many people that block the view from any direction.

If a company really wants to make driving safe again, why don't they make it so a cell phone connected to the vehicle becomes inoperable as a texting device? This alone would save the lives of not only First Responders but everyone on the road.

If anyone thinks I'm doing the First Responders a disservice understand I have family members who are Police Officers, Fire Fighters, State Hwy Patrol Officers and EMT's.

I'm an ex CDL Instructor who taught the Smith System of driving and continue to use these same skills in my daily driving habits.

I love technology, but it needs to be used properly!

If you think I'm mean, just ask my 15 year old Nephew why I will no longer allow him time behind the wheel with his learners permit. Ask my 32 year old stepson why I won't allow him to drive my vehicles.

yakbait

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's opinions, but I just simply asked if this (or a previous) update included the EVAS feature. Other than the article mentioned, which is almost a year old... I couldn't find any more information about it.

Users who are viewing this thread