5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 is much better but…

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
“The system knows the location of the first responder, and it knows where our vehicle is,” she said. Alerts are geofenced. It only notifies drivers of nearby emergency vehicles and disregards those on the opposite-direction side of divided highways.

Ram can go f**k off with that kind of information. I would gladly trade my truck in and get a different brand that even somewhat respects my privacy. Whats next, they are going to submit your speed directly to your local police department and mail you a ticket because your truck said you were speeding?

I thought it was bad enough a few posts ago Ramcares admitted that Ram keeps track of what states trucks are driven to and marks you a home location without you knowing.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's opinions, but I just simply asked if this (or a previous) update included the EVAS feature. Other than the article mentioned, which is almost a year old... I couldn't find any more information about it.
Ram can’t even get the features currently enabled in UC5 to work correctly. Its laughable that they are promoting this life saving technology when they can’t even get a temperature gauge to work consistently, hvac controls to show, phones to connect… and they want more money for it 😂

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
“The system knows the location of the first responder, and it knows where our vehicle is,” she said. Alerts are geofenced. It only notifies drivers of nearby emergency vehicles and disregards those on the opposite-direction side of divided highways.

Ram can go f**k off with that kind of information. I would gladly trade my truck in and get a different brand that even somewhat respects my privacy. Whats next, they are going to submit your speed directly to your local police department and mail you a ticket because your truck said you were speeding?

I thought it was bad enough a few posts ago Ramcares admitted that Ram keeps track of what states trucks are driven to and marks you a home location without you knowing.
I dislike the fact that I'm being tracked like a crook with an ankle monitor. There is "NO" privacy in this country any longer. The groceries stores have been tracking our purchases for ages, what we purchased, date purchased and how often we purchase a product. We are tracked minute by minute by our cell phones, our locations, who we talk with, when and how often. I'm sure our conversations are being illegally recorded. They listen to our conversations, then push notifications and ad's promoting what they hear in our conversations.

GMetal

Reaction score
I dislike the fact that I'm being tracked like a crook with an ankle monitor. There is "NO" privacy in this country any longer. The groceries stores have been tracking our purchases for ages, what we purchased, date purchased and how often we purchase a product. We are tracked minute by minute by our cell phones, our locations, who we talk with, when and how often. I'm sure our conversations are being illegally recorded. They listen to our conversations, then push notifications and ad's promoting what they hear in our conversations.
You can shut off these devices or remove them from your life. If you look you can remove any tracking devices from your truck too. GPS wont work nor Sirius. There is software that exists that doesnt track or listen. Get rid of the tracking apps. Things will be simpler like before all this. Its not easy and will require some research but it is an option.

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
You can shut off these devices or remove them from your life. If you look you can remove any tracking devices from your truck too. GPS wont work nor Sirius. There is software that exists that doesnt track or listen. Get rid of the tracking apps. Things will be simpler like before all this. Its not easy and will require some research but it is an option.
Yes! Having no technology whatsoever is an option as well.... Horse and Buggy and Landlines worked well too..... Regardless.... if you force the technology upon us and make us pay for it at least make sure it WORKS!!!

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
My Niece purchased a 2022 Jeep Cherokee Limited with the UConnect5 System. She's had it for 6 months now with 17K miles. She's had zero problems with her UConnect5 System. Makes me wonder why Chrysler doesn't use much of the same software in all their vehicles?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Niece purchased a 2022 Jeep Cherokee Limited with the UConnect5 System. She's had it for 6 months now with 17K miles. She's had zero problems with her UConnect5 System. Makes me wonder why Chrysler doesn't use much of the same software in all their vehicles?
Jeep Cherokees don’t have Uconnect 5.

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
That would be a Grand Cherokee L. It’s radio uses different software.
Sorry Jimmy07, you can't sell me on it. I believe you stated "Jeeps Do Not Have the UConnect5 System". Now your backtracking and saying "Oh!" Its different software.

Still! I've been driving this Jeep for a couple weeks now and not one glitch in the system and it operates much like the UConnect5 System in my RAM 2500. True!! It isn't 100 % identical to the one in my RAM TRuck, but still has all the main software and functions of the UConnect5 System.

That's like saying an IBM , Dell or a Lenovo Computer are all different computers much like the difference between a RAM 1500, 2500, Jeep Cherokee , Pacifica or Durango, but if all three run on Microsoft Windows, then the software is the same however one may be running Windows 10, one may be running Windows 11 and the other may still be running Windows XP. If one computer has three USB Drives and the others have 1-2 then or one has a CD Drive and the others do not, then additional software is written to accommodate the added accessories.

Think of the basics needed to operate UConnect5 like Apple Car Play, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Radio Controls, HAVC Controls, etc. Probably same Software with tweaks to modify Cameras, Lane Assist Monitoring and other added accessories to the vehicle.

UConnect5 is just an updated UConnect4 System much like Windows 11 is just an updated Windows 10 System.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now your backtracking
Actually, I’ll backtrack all the way, and just say what I should have said in the first response:
Saying that you know a Jeep owner with UConnect 5 that doesn’t have any issues is as irrelevant as saying you know a Ram 1500 owner with Uconnect 5 that doesn’t have any issues. That doesn’t change the fact that other owners of the same system on the same software do have issues.

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
Jeep uses Uconnect in all their vehicles. Why would a multi national company use a variety of software for radios that all use the same hardware>?

yes they have Uconnect4C
My pictures were directly from the Jeep Build Site. It identifies UConnect5 as an option not UConnect4 or UConnect4C. The bickering can continue without me because I have personally operated both the UConnect5 System in the 2022 RAM 2500 and the 2022 Jeep Cherokee, The UConnect5 System installed in the 2022 Jeep Cherokee truly out shines the one in installed in my 2022 RAM 2500.

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
Actually, I’ll backtrack all the way, and just say what I should have said in the first response:
Saying that you know a Jeep owner with UConnect 5 that doesn’t have any issues is as irrelevant as saying you know a Ram 1500 owner with Uconnect 5 that doesn’t have any issues. That doesn’t change the fact that other owners of the same system on the same software do have issues.
I believe you mean "You're" Backtracking. But You're mixing apples and oranges. This ends my debate........

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you mean "You're" Backtracking. But You're mixing apples and oranges. This ends my debate........
YOU’RE actually correcting YOUR own spelling, because I was quoting what you wrote:
364B05C5-804D-46BA-B9D8-1AB03682CCA9.jpeg

GMetal

Reaction score
My pictures were directly from the Jeep Build Site. It identifies UConnect5 as an option not UConnect4 or UConnect4C. The bickering can continue without me because I have personally operated both the UConnect5 System in the 2022 RAM 2500 and the 2022 Jeep Cherokee, The UConnect5 System installed in the 2022 Jeep Cherokee truly out shines the one in installed in my 2022 RAM 2500.
There's no bickering. This is correcting statements. Uconnect5 is not Uconnect4C just as a Jeep Cherokee is not a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Uconnect is based on Android operating systems but there are differences.
2022 Jeep® Cherokee Technology - Uconnect & SiriusXM vs 2023 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Technology - Uconnect & Carplay

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
There's no bickering. This is correcting statements. Uconnect5 is not Uconnect4C just as a Jeep Cherokee is not a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Uconnect is based on Android operating systems but there are differences.
2022 Jeep® Cherokee Technology - Uconnect & SiriusXM vs 2023 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Technology - Uconnect & Carplay
The Bickering wasn't directed towards you GMetal. It was directed towards Jimmy07. Your information is correct and much appreciated. I've blocked post from him/her as I don't enjoy useless debates that don't help other members on this site.

All I was trying to state was the UConnect5 System in my Niece's Jeep Cherokee (Grand L Edition) seems to function flawlessly whereas the UConnect5 System in my RAM 2500 has issues. This doesn't mean "All" Jeep UConnect5 Systems function flawlessly nor does it mean "ALL" RAM 2500 have issues.

I was only trying to understand why UConnect5 Software works on some vehicles and not so well on other vehicles. Maybe it's not an issue with software, but a Hardware Issue?

Thanks for your Input! We need more members like you helping others to navigate these problems and hopefully come to some conclusions. It also helps RAM Cares to understand problems so they can report to their software/hardware developers. I know they monitor this site.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I have thought many times in the last year that my UC5 might have turned the corner and sorted itself out only to have it go crazy buggy time and time again. It has had stretches of seemingly normal operation but always follows with the same old bugs. One person may use certain features that another does not thus may not experience the same problems. Some people may not even be aware that apps, gauges, features have disappeared while others do. All of this likely plays a part in why some have problems and some don’t.

Jimmy07 is one of the if not the most knowledgeable members in this forum when it comes to all things Uconnect and has helped countless members sort out issues myself included. When he gives information it is correct and specific.

Users who are viewing this thread