5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you know which ver. you have or which update is needed?
Hello Jljbm,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into what version you have for you.

William
Ram Cares

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If there’s battery drainage problems via an electronic update, then couldn’t it be possible to run a small separate battery or relay for the system to avoid these issues?

I really enjoy my Ram, best vehicle I’ve owned yet out of many, but if the electronics are going to continue to be this complicated in the more modern & futures vehicles then I’ll consider either replacing the system or “downgrading” to an older vehicle & retrofitting whichever modern items I prefer to it.

I also have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ with a $1200 8” Kenwood unit that has nearly all the same features as my Ram (minus the safety features of course) & it is flawless. It has other features that the Ram does not have as well so it’s a bit of a trade off, I know. But overall, zero issues.

Attachments

• 61AEA33F-3FA4-42CB-8175-9959FEC4ADB3.jpeg
    61AEA33F-3FA4-42CB-8175-9959FEC4ADB3.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 36
  • BD150998-BF5C-4B96-8F02-B44C0AF81DAC.jpeg
    BD150998-BF5C-4B96-8F02-B44C0AF81DAC.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 34
  • B55649C9-6269-46B3-B81F-3F56AFA0093B.jpeg
    B55649C9-6269-46B3-B81F-3F56AFA0093B.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DF318C26-8E77-403B-AE9D-0F0E41AD2013.jpeg
    DF318C26-8E77-403B-AE9D-0F0E41AD2013.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 1A731DC4-FF98-47DA-888F-03589D59BF66.jpeg
    1A731DC4-FF98-47DA-888F-03589D59BF66.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 0AA55586-A2B0-4B5E-A115-4923A54569A7.jpeg
    0AA55586-A2B0-4B5E-A115-4923A54569A7.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 33

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How do you know which ver. you have or which update is needed?
It's the physical hardware.
2019-2021 have Uconnect 4.
The 2022 have Uconnect 5
You signature says you have a 2019 right? So that would mean you have Uconnect 4

Hello,

The S24.13 is the latest version for your vehicle. The S26.15 has not been approved by our technical team due to battery drainage problems. We are currently working on an enhancement update that should be released in the upcoming months/soon.

William
Ram Cares
So I guess the S26.15 update has been blacklisted to prevent the trucks from updating to it via USB, which makes sense if there is a problem wtih it.
It would be nice if this was more transparent and we could just look somewhere to see what is the real current version and to download it.
My truck has never gotten an OTA update so I have had to manually update the last 2 times.
Just like on Stellantis | Home for map updates

I really do appreciate the response though

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If there’s battery drainage problems via an electronic update, then couldn’t it be possible to run a small separate battery or relay for the system to avoid these issues?

I really enjoy my Ram, best vehicle I’ve owned yet out of many, but if the electronics are going to continue to be this complicated in the more modern & futures vehicles then I’ll consider either replacing the system or “downgrading” to an older vehicle & retrofitting whichever modern items I prefer to it.

I also have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ with a $1200 8” Kenwood unit that has nearly all the same features as my Ram (minus the safety features of course) & it is flawless. It has other features that the Ram does not have as well so it’s a bit of a trade off, I know. But overall, zero issues.
Short answer no.

Dewey

Reaction score
Battery drainage issues with a software update? That doesn’t sound good.😲

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like it’s possibly only an issue after having a micropod plugged in (not sure if that applies to any other diagnostic device):
040D360A-9E4C-4BDA-ACD7-E02053C23B23.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s possibly only an issue after having a micropod plugged in (not sure if that applies to any other diagnostic device):
View attachment 142485
I had that issue with a failed ecm tune. I had to reset my ECM back to factory and then re-tune and it worked.

Sounds like rogue code running anew.

Either way at least in my case the firmware for S26.15 is blacklisted OTA, which is kind of funny since I don't get OTA updates.

More of a reason to disconnect everything Ram Connect, and anything else that talks to the outside world from my truck.

tech97elec

Reaction score
I had that issue with a failed ecm tune. I had to reset my ECM back to factory and then re-tune and it worked.

Sounds like rogue code running anew.

Either way at least in my case the firmware for S26.15 is blacklisted OTA, which is kind of funny since I don't get OTA updates.

More of a reason to disconnect everything Ram Connect, and anything else that talks to the outside world from my truck.
Im taking mine to dealer, one year old, next week. This 26.15 is awful and seemed to have coincidentally gotten way worse since free xm subscript expired. Display blank every once in awhile on startup, restart, no change. Let it sit for awhile, lights up again. No BACK UP camera, which sucks.

Heres a small list of issues, mostly in last month: FM presets, gone. I always use BT and radio ALWAYS defaults to FM, sometimes back to XM preview channel. Favorite page comes and goes, seat control window just goes blank.... then next start it populated again. I tried hiding xm source, comes back.

Also have engine miss in last few weeks, one door, rear drivers, never has unlocked same as other 3. (Its not the safety lock). Why in the hell should you be able to open tailgate when in drive going down highway at 65??? Accidently hit it at night, meant to open rear slider. Good thing my camp junk didnt hit another car.

Hope dealer can address these things. 2022 Longhorn Lmtd, 8500 miles.

RamCares

Reaction score
Im taking mine to dealer, one year old, next week. This 26.15 is awful and seemed to have coincidentally gotten way worse since free xm subscript expired. Display blank every once in awhile on startup, restart, no change. Let it sit for awhile, lights up again. No BACK UP camera, which sucks.

Heres a small list of issues, mostly in last month: FM presets, gone. I always use BT and radio ALWAYS defaults to FM, sometimes back to XM preview channel. Favorite page comes and goes, seat control window just goes blank.... then next start it populated again. I tried hiding xm source, comes back.

Also have engine miss in last few weeks, one door, rear drivers, never has unlocked same as other 3. (Its not the safety lock). Why in the hell should you be able to open tailgate when in drive going down highway at 65??? Accidently hit it at night, meant to open rear slider. Good thing my camp junk didnt hit another car.

Hope dealer can address these things. 2022 Longhorn Lmtd, 8500 miles.
Hello Tech97elec,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Where/how did you get the 26.15? This update never gotten approval for release. Please send us a PM, our team would like to look further into this for you. The S26.17 has been released last week.

William
Ram Cares

Q8hawk

Reaction score
Through a friend, I was able to get the new 26.15 update installed. Keep in mind, my radio is a retrofit in a 4th gen 1500 so my experience may be different than everyone else's.

The update is being rolled out as an OTA slowly starting with a small set of build dates / VINs. Dealers won't be able to get you the update until your build date / VIN is added to the rollout.

Overall, I did not notice any major differences yet; things might be a smidge more responsive but overall no changes. The heated / vented seat controls are in their right spots but we'll see if they're still there tomorrow or the day after.

****Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any updates that go wrong. Update at your own risk.****
26.15 Update

Update instructions:
  • Download and place the the zip (DO NOT UNZIP) into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted thumb drive.
  • Insert the thumb drive into any of the USB ports in the center console.
  • You will be prompted to install the update.
    • It takes about 10-15 minutes to install.

Thanks Roman for the upload! Would you be ablle to hook us up with S26.17 that was released recently?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
we have to change the topic title to 26.17 to not get confused.

And is this one the version that dealers can officially update to after version 24?

RamCares

Reaction score
we have to change the topic title to 26.17 to not get confused.

And is this one the version that dealers can officially update to after version 24?
That is correct, for vehicles that have the 24.13/24.18. The update is released by region.

William
Ram Cares

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is correct, for vehicles that have the 24.13/24.18. The update is released by region.

William
Ram Cares
Is it possible for you to tell us which region(s) it is released in right now? The updates are sporadic and confusing to us, as owners. It would be nice if we had a reasonable way to know when to expect the update to appear in our area.

mac424

Reaction score
Is it possible for you to tell us which region(s) it is released in right now? The updates are sporadic and confusing to us, as owners. It would be nice if we had a reasonable way to know when to expect the update to appear in our area.
Agree 100%. I know that I'm not on the most recent version and now I know there's an update, but no clue when it will show up. I know for me it starts to make me wonder if theres an issue with my vehicle receiving updates.

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello-
What about those who are on 26.15? Will this apply over the air??
WL
Your vehicle should of never had the S26.15, that was never released to the public. If you do have that, you should get the S26.17 when it becomes available for your region.

William
Ram Cares

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

William
Ram Cares
I'm in North America.
What regions was it released to?

India? South America? Russia?

Would rather you provide us a way to download the updates since the over the air updates don't work for majority of the Ram owners.
There are people with 2-3 year old trucks that have never even gotten an update.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in North America.
What regions was it released to?

India? South America? Russia?

Would rather you provide us a way to download the updates since the over the air updates don't work for majority of the Ram owners.
There are people with 2-3 year old trucks that have never even gotten an update.
Knocking @ramscare. Totally need a reliable manual load option for those many owners that have never been lucky enough to be in the right spot for the regional OTA updates.

Users who are viewing this thread