5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
good question. Will this update 26.15 work for the non-American Uconnect5 units? I am also going to the dealer on Monday and told him that I want version 24 (I am now on 23) but now I will ask for version 26 but I think that they will just check online with their system and maybe it doesn't say anything. Is version 26 released officially to public?
Uconnect website is about useless, it’ll almost always say your system is up to date.

I know on the Canadian trucks the firmware has a different name, but it may be the same version.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
good question. Will this update 26.15 work for the non-American Uconnect5 units? I am also going to the dealer on Monday and told him that I want version 24 (I am now on 23) but now I will ask for version 26 but I think that they will just check online with their system and maybe it doesn't say anything. Is version 26 released officially to public?
Liquid li0n,

The enhancement software update has not been rolled out on all of the trucks yet. We recommend you getting the S24.13 if you haven't done so yet.

William
Ram Cares

Roman2179

Reaction score
Just to confirm, this update file is the same for both the 12" and the 8.4" with nav and can be used to update either one?
I'm not sure if it's the same update for both. I know it works on the 12" but no idea on the 8.4.

Roman2179

Reaction score
I will be taking my truck into the dealer on Monday to hopefully have the radio updated. I have had a lot of connection issues with wireless CarPlay, seems like interference as it’ll happen in the same places in town every time.

I am in Canada, but will make note of the current and hopefully updated version numbers.
A buddy of mine has the update running on a Canadian truck. I believe they are the same for the UC5 units.

tkabrick

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the same update for both. I know it works on the 12" but no idea on the 8.4.
It does work on the 8.4 with NAV and for the first time with this truck I didn't lose the HVAC icons in the upper corners overnight. Finally seems they fixed this

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pulled into my dads driveway and my truck prompted me to update the uconnect… I guess I don’t need my appointment at the dealer to update it.

Azsmc

Reaction score
I’ve got a new 2022 limited with 12" and S24.13 that is working great so far. I am however interested in how this works out for those with problematic systems. Unless I had problems I can’t live with, I’d be inclined to wait for the official release or more feedback from successful upgraders. The files look legitimate but I’m a skeptic, and its hard for me to trust an unknown source for the files. No disrespect to the OP as Im all in on helping others with problems, so many thanks for posting the files. I hope this turns out to be a solution to problems many are having with this system.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always lived on the edge, so despite my skepticism, I downloadeded the update and applied it without incident.
2022 BH NE. 12" UC5 w/24.13.

I had no problems before and none now. At least I can say I have the latest FW!

Thank you OP.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
we’ll I guess I was on an old version, build date is 05/22 and I just finally got updated to 24.13 in Canada.

Update: went to the dealer this morning and 24.13 is the latest software for my truck. They advised against updating to any other version until it officially released for my vin. As always update with caution.

Attachments

• 033984F8-A2D8-4A5A-A324-AFA021B7884E.jpeg
    033984F8-A2D8-4A5A-A324-AFA021B7884E.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
Just turned off my truck and was asked to update. I’m guessing this is the latest one.

02288078-A1BA-420C-AE6E-BC3CCC0A7603.jpeg
It says radio will be unavailable during the update but I’m listening to it right now.😆

I don’t use Android but this must be part of it.

A9D5F92E-7801-4FAA-A911-4C10FD6A06BE.jpeg
All done. Took 10 minutes.

44D034C4-A45A-4527-9AC8-5842150295CB.jpeg
My heated seats and steering wheel icons are back. Haven’t seen those for over a month.😲

60722650-DE9D-4938-9DCC-4518737146B4.jpeg

Hopefully this fixes all the bugs.👍🏻

Now I need to get 26.15🤔

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Just turned off my truck and was asked to update. I’m guessing this is the latest one.

View attachment 139510
It says radio will be unavailable during the update but I’m listening to it right now.😆

View attachment 139511

View attachment 139512
My heated seats and steering wheel icons are back. Haven’t seen those for over a month.😲

View attachment 139513

Now I need to get 26.15🤔
Dewey,

Please provide us with your feedback if you're running into any problems. The new enhancement software update should be rolling out soon, you will be notified once the update becomes available.

William
Ram Cares

Rich6896

Reaction score
I got the same update. My unit when dark for an hour. I actually drove it to the dealer and it came back while in the dealer lot. I guess the lesson is to be patient.

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Liquid li0n,

The enhancement software update has not been rolled out on all of the trucks yet. We recommend you getting the S24.13 if you haven't done so yet.

William
Ram Cares
William - as always thank you for being on here.
I have a 2021 Ram Bighorn I am literally considering selling simply because of the 8.4 Uconnect system in it. I purchased in May of 2021, so I am nearly certain I have the 4th gen version. All this to say, the reason to give up on the truck for me is the constant irritation of having to select the media I was using prior, every single time I get in the truck. Will there be an update for 4th gen 8.4 as well? Or does this cover it? Ill wait for a dealer visit to update but want to know before I make a big decision like selling and going to another brand truck.

Thank you!

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I got the same update. My unit when dark for an hour. I actually drove it to the dealer and it came back while in the dealer lot. I guess the lesson is to be patient.
yes, that is always the case with computers. Just when you think, I waited long enough, you have to say to yourself, let's wait 1 minute more :D

My car is at the dealer now, I hope they put version 26 on but it seems that version is still too early and not officially launched. So curious to see what version will be on.

Last edited:

Rich6896

Reaction score
Funny, I work in IT. Whenever I'm in a waiting situation I set a timer and do not touch the system until the timer expires.

RamCares

Reaction score
William - as always thank you for being on here.
I have a 2021 Ram Bighorn I am literally considering selling simply because of the 8.4 Uconnect system in it. I purchased in May of 2021, so I am nearly certain I have the 4th gen version. All this to say, the reason to give up on the truck for me is the constant irritation of having to select the media I was using prior, every single time I get in the truck. Will there be an update for 4th gen 8.4 as well? Or does this cover it? Ill wait for a dealer visit to update but want to know before I make a big decision like selling and going to another brand truck.

Thank you!
MishMashRAM1500,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our brand is always working behind the scene to improve our products. Every unit is different, some might experience glitches, while others might not have any issues at all. If you would like to discuss this further, please send us a PM with your VIN, along with your Uconnect software information, we'd be happy to dig into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

eyerocks

Reaction score
A few days with the update and I have not seen any of my former issues:
  • Heated / Vented seat controls - stay in the upper corners on every start / day. Previously would work for a day then I would need to switch driver profiles to get them back. I would say this is resolved.
  • Compass - The compass would stop displaying on the cluster - had to restart the radio to get it back. So far it was been working correctly but it popped up pretty infrequently on 25.7. For the time being, I would say this is resolved.
  • Screens - Seems to be consistent at starting at the same point as it left off. If I turned off the truck on Media, it starts on the media screen, turned off on "home," starts on "home," etc.
The only issues I have noticed and it's more than likely related to the fact that the radio has been retrofitted into a 2015 truck:
  • Off-road pages - Oil pressure and coolant temperature are not showing up while all the other gauges work.
EDIT: the issues with the gauges not showing data seems to have resolved itself overnight. At this point, I have zero issues with the 26.15 update. Hopefully it stays that way when I add the telematics module.
Did you change your model year to 2022 in alfaobd?

Starkhaus

Reaction score
‘22 with 12 inch on 24.13. Got the update about a week ago and have not had any of my previous issues since before updating, has been working flawlessly. Until today that is.. radio stopped playing suddenly and screen restarted twice. Afterwards back to normal but a little hiccup

Dewey

Reaction score

View attachment 139510

View attachment 139511

View attachment 139512

View attachment 139513

Now I need to get 26.15🤔
Well so much for that. Today my heated seat/steering wheel icons are gone again.😡

Back to the drawing board. Maybe they’ll get it right on 26.15………yeah right.🙄

RamCares

Reaction score
Well so much for that. Today my heated seat/steering wheel icons are gone again.😡

Back to the drawing board. Maybe they’ll get it right on 26.15………yeah right.🙄
Devey,

Do you have the S24.13 update?

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread