5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m the same way as you with asking ummmmm 🤔 why the hell didn’t you include this or do it this way. It’s like why isn’t there an option to auto fold/unfold power mirrors. Our new Grand Cherokee L has this feature and it’s great. Lock the doors and the mirrors fold and unfold when you start to drive.

I’ve been driving all morning and will continue to do all day in KS and then return home away from the sunset towards MO - have my rearview camera mirror off all day to see if they will dim. So far they have not but tonight will be the ultimate test.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I’ve been driving all morning and will continue to do all day in KS and then return home away from the sunset towards MO - have my rearview camera mirror off all day to see if they will dim. So far they have not but tonight will be the ultimate test.
Drive safe 👍

wills446

Reaction score
You know what, fellow enthusiasts? RamCares coming on here and telling us not to download these updates really grinds my gears. My day job is IT Director for a software company. Please believe that I know how software updates are supposed to work. Ram's updates just don't work. My truck was made in November 2021 and I bought it in April 2022. To date it has never received an OTA update and connecting it to my wifi hasn't worked either. Ram's updates are broken.

After months of the screen not working every 3rd time I got in the $75k truck I bought, I got sick of that ****. I started to look for updates. I found them here. Largely they've fixed my issues. You know where I didn't find updates? Anywhere "official". If RamCares doesn't want us downloading updates from here, then make them available somewhere! Anywhere!

But coming on here and trying to insist that we all wait for the clearly broken OTA updates is.... is just a joke. Come on, RamCares, get serious about caring already.

mannayr

Reaction score
I received a call from Ram to provide an update on the issues, stating that he was made aware that an update has been released and asking if I am noticing anything different. Unfortunately, I was unable to answer the call and was unable to get him when calling back in response to the voicemail. Since I had not seen any other news about an update, I went to the Uconnect site and put in my VIN and of course it says my vehicle is up to date. Checking on here, I find this thread indicating the software was rolling out almost a month ago. To this date, I have not received an OTA update. I have updates over WiFi enabled and connected as well. I called the dealer and was told if an update is available for my vehicle, it will show up on the Uconnect website by VIN and that they can't download an update until it has been published for my vehicle specifically. From what I am seeing in several of these forums, 24.13 should be the current production version anyway? Not the 23.13 that is on mine. I am wondering if the whole Uconnect update system is broken as well.

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drive safe 👍

Thanks! Back home now - mirrors didn’t dim. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I didn’t have that much time of headlights behind me but there was plenty of sun where they should’ve turned on I feel. I might get some more nighttime driving on Friday & Sunday to test headlights against the dim. I have tinted windows so the sun bothers me more anyway.

Roman2179

Reaction score
The software rollout seems to be slow enough that new updates are rolling out before everyone even received the prior update. Seems like a lot of people are only now getting the OTA 24.13 update even though 26.15 started rolling out.

@RamCares Can you please make the suggestion to actually post the updates on the UConnect website like they were in the past? The OTA process is still an absolute mess. It was a mess on the RA4 radios, it was a mess on the UAQ radios where the OTA attempt would keep my truck "awake" overnight and kill the battery, and it's still a mess on the R1H radios. Please provide updates on the UConnect website; in its current state, the "check for updates" section of the website is practically useless. More often than not, I have had to either get updates from forums or dealers because the OTA updates would fail or not show up at all

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You know what, fellow enthusiasts? RamCares coming on here and telling us not to download these updates really grinds my gears. My day job is IT Director for a software company. Please believe that I know how software updates are supposed to work. Ram's updates just don't work. My truck was made in November 2021 and I bought it in April 2022. To date it has never received an OTA update and connecting it to my wifi hasn't worked either. Ram's updates are broken.

After months of the screen not working every 3rd time I got in the $75k truck I bought, I got sick of that ****. I started to look for updates. I found them here. Largely they've fixed my issues. You know where I didn't find updates? Anywhere "official". If RamCares doesn't want us downloading updates from here, then make them available somewhere! Anywhere!

But coming on here and trying to insist that we all wait for the clearly broken OTA updates is.... is just a joke. Come on, RamCares, get serious about caring already.
I'm not sure if this was exactly what they meant\intended by their post.

There has been some pre-release software on the forums I have seen with versions higher then is currently claimed to be current by Ram
Once it's released I agree update if you want, but don't upgrade to pre-release software unless you know what you're doing and understand the risk.

There is 0 reason to do OWA update vs USB, it's the same exact thing except the USB is a sure shot and owa almost never comes up.
I have a feeling they use your vin number or something and when the radio checks for a update if it wasn't manually added to a list it just comes back as no updates available which would explain why some people get it but most don't.

The software\firmware needs to be on Ram's website free to download, or at least free to download if you can verify ownership of a vin number if they really wanted to be hard to work with.
The current software model they are running is just wrong and broken and really makes them look foolish considering so many other areas in these trucks I would consider as "high-tech"

liq001

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Please let me know after your test. Thanks

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Please let me know after your test. Thanks

So they did not come on during my test driving back from Kansas away from the sunset when I really wanted them to come on. Have not had an OTA update but they did come on last night after dark on the way back home from dinner for the first time since I could remember. Again, doesn’t really make that much of a difference for me with headlights in the rear view since my windows are tinted and I really would prefer them to come on when the sun is shining directly at them like it seemed to do on my last year model Ram. I will be driving again tonight & paying attention/testing some more.

liq001

Reaction score
So they did not come on during my test driving back from Kansas away from the sunset when I really wanted them to come on. Have not had an OTA update but they did come on last night after dark on the way back home from dinner for the first time since I could remember. Again, doesn’t really make that much of a difference for me with headlights in the rear view since my windows are tinted and I really would prefer them to come on when the sun is shining directly at them like it seemed to do on my last year model Ram. I will be driving again tonight & paying attention/testing some more.
Thanks for your update. let me know if you sort of solve it

mannayr

Reaction score
I never received an OTA. I had to take my truck in for an unrelated problem and mentioned the Uconnect problems again to which they agreed that an update should be coming out to fix it. I asked that they make sure it had the latest 26.15 version while they had it in for service. When I got it back today, it had the 26.15 version installed. The menus do seem to operate faster and smoother. Some of the icons and graphics are improved. I have not noticed the screen randomly switching menus on its own or any of the menus becoming unavailable. The climate quick icon at the top works better. However, the weather app and none of the navigation connected features work still. The traffic updates do not show up, the fuel prices do not show, the traffic camera alerts are not showing up, none of those Tom Tom connected features work. The weather app just sits there for a while and says an error has occurred, same as before. I do know what these features are supposed to do when they work, I know someone that has one that actually works. Mine has not worked since I have had the truck. The second day I had the truck, the dealer told me it would be several weeks before they could look at a non-serious problem like Uconnect and recommended I call Uconnect support. Uconnect support said it was a software problem and they were working on an update. Update finally gets installed 3 months later, features still do not work. Now what Ram?

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I never received an OTA. I had to take my truck in for an unrelated problem and mentioned the Uconnect problems again to which they agreed that an update should be coming out to fix it. I asked that they make sure it had the latest 26.15 version while they had it in for service. When I got it back today, it had the 26.15 version installed. The menus do seem to operate faster and smoother. Some of the icons and graphics are improved. I have not noticed the screen randomly switching menus on its own or any of the menus becoming unavailable. The climate quick icon at the top works better. However, the weather app and none of the navigation connected features work still. The traffic updates do not show up, the fuel prices do not show, the traffic camera alerts are not showing up, none of those Tom Tom connected features work. The weather app just sits there for a while and says an error has occurred, same as before. I do know what these features are supposed to do when they work, I know someone that has one that actually works. Mine has not worked since I have had the truck. The second day I had the truck, the dealer told me it would be several weeks before they could look at a non-serious problem like Uconnect and recommended I call Uconnect support. Uconnect support said it was a software problem and they were working on an update. Update finally gets installed 3 months later, features still do not work. Now what Ram?
Did you factory reset it after getting it back?

These radios LOVE to be factory reset on a semi-frequent basis and after all updates, no idea why.

mannayr

Reaction score
I did actually factory reset it again after getting it back. That was the first thought when it still did not work. I called my case manager on Ram Connect and he went through all of the history and did some more digging. Apparently he was able to see current versions on several pieces of hardware in the truck and check against current recommended versions. He said the telematics module is outdated and needs to be updated, of course that has to be done at the dealer. I asked them to make sure there were no updates especially on the communications modules, yet this one apparently slipped through the cracks. I was advised to call the dealer and get this updated and there was a level of confidence this would fix it. I called my local dealer and got the earliest appointment two weeks out. I tried a couple of other dealers that are somewhat local, one told me it would be November 14th, the other just plain told me they wouldn't be able to look at it and to take it to the selling dealer. Way to go Ram dealers for making sure new vehicle customers are taken care of.

fliptide

Reaction score
Installed the update manually a couple weeks ago. Potential benefit of not losing wireless AA connection. On a 700 mile trip I only lost wireless connection once. That happened when my phone hit 20% battery, so could very well have been a phone setting (power saver), and not uconnect. Otherwise I have not seen anything really different. After it sits overnight, uconnect starts on the "apps" screen (which I never use) instead of last screen used. Temps on off road pages work when they want to.
I have not done factory reset. Too lazy to set everything back up. After the previous OTA I did factory reset and it "fixed" everything for 24-48 hours and then broke again.

Thankfully I never had issues with the seat climate buttons disappearing. Traffic/weather were always hit or miss. Mainly they would just take 5-10 minutes of driving to start working. No longer have subscription for that, so does not matter in my case.

con-cept

Reaction score
I have the same question (in a new post today). I have the EU version and it has less functions due to (I think) Firmware.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can't get this update to work

This is what I get.
I'm currently on FCA-MY22.S24.13-PROD which I updated to via USB
Nothing on OTA if I connect to wifi or tether through my phone.

2022-10-27 17.45.24.jpg 2022-10-27 17.45.34.jpg 2022-10-27 17.45.40.jpg

jljbtm

Reaction score
Does this update have anything todo with HVAC controls? When I put the heat on and select the 3rd.button down to blow the heat on the floor after a minute or two it will select where IT wants to be (1st. or 2nd button from the top???

Attachments

• 20221018_172750.jpg
    20221018_172750.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 25

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does this update have anything todo with HVAC controls? When I put the heat on and select the 3rd.button down to blow the heat on the floor after a minute or two it will select where IT wants to be (1st. or 2nd button from the top???
This is for uconnect 5, you have uconnect 4

jljbtm

Reaction score
How do you know which ver. you have or which update is needed?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can't get this update to work

This is what I get.
I'm currently on FCA-MY22.S24.13-PROD which I updated to via USB
Nothing on OTA if I connect to wifi or tether through my phone.

View attachment 142452 View attachment 142453 View attachment 142454
Hello,

The S24.13 is the latest version for your vehicle. The S26.15 has not been approved by our technical team due to battery drainage problems. We are currently working on an enhancement update that should be released in the upcoming months/soon.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread