5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

Roman2179

Reaction score
@Dewey The heated seat icons worked for a while on both 24.13 and 25.7 for me but eventually started disappearing. I haven't had any issues with it on 26.13 as of yet. Everything seems to be stable and working for me.

Fernando A

Reaction score
Hi All, I am new to the forum. Last Saturday, I bought a 2022 RAM 1500 limited. Everything was working fine, UConnect asked to install a new update 2 days ago, and unfortunately after it, GPS is not working, SiriusXM is not working, RAM connect App is not working too. I tried with a soft-reset and a factory reset and it is still the same. UConnect is showing that it has the version S24.13. Any advice to try before to go to the dealership?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All, I am new to the forum. Last Saturday, I bought a 2022 RAM 1500 limited. Everything was working fine, UConnect asked to install a new update 2 days ago, and unfortunately after it, GPS is not working, SiriusXM is not working, RAM connect App is not working too. I tried with a soft-reset and a factory reset and it is still the same. UConnect is showing that it has the version S24.13. Any advice to try before to go to the dealership?

Roman2179

Reaction score
I believe that after an update, it calls for 24-48 hours for all services to be restored. Otherwise, I would update to the new version. I had both 24.13 and 25.7, which wasn't released to the general public mostly because it really didn't seem much better than 24.13, for a while and 26.15 is significantly more stable.

You can either wait until your VIN/build date is added to the OTA rollout or update manually. Just be aware that you may have trouble getting support from the dealer if anything goes wrong with the update. This is an official update that a dealer downloaded using a VIN that already had the update rolled out to it. It has worked for a few people, I haven't heard of anyone bricking their units but update at your own risk.

Roman2179

Reaction score
On another note to everyone, I retrofitted the TBM into the truck about a week ago. I can safely report that the SXM extras, On Demand, and Pandora stations are all working perfectly.

I have not been able to test weather or traffic since I can't really activate the full connected services with it being a retrofit but data services related to SXM work perfectly.

wills446

Reaction score
On another note to everyone, I retrofitted the TBM into the truck about a week ago. I can safely report that the SXM extras, On Demand, and Pandora stations are all working perfectly.

I have not been able to test weather or traffic since I can't really activate the full connected services with it being a retrofit but data services related to SXM work perfectly.
I installed the 26.15 update on my 2022 Laramie GT, 12-inch screen UC5 (Thank you for providing the download!). Weather and traffic are working for me. They were also working for me on the 24.13 build as well.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We value your continued feedback about your encounters with the Uconnect system and we assure that the proper internal teams are working diligently to address them.

However, we kindly ask that you do not apply the 26.15 software file in this thread until it is officially released from the brand to avoid potential electrical concerns to your vehicle. We thank you for your patience and we're available to discuss any concerns with you via private message at your convenience.

Steph
Ram Cares

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We value your continued feedback about your encounters with the Uconnect system and we assure that the proper internal teams are working diligently to address them.

However, we kindly ask that you do not apply the 26.15 software file in this thread until it is officially released from the brand to avoid potential electrical concerns to your vehicle. We thank you for your patience and we're available to discuss any concerns with you via private message at your convenience.

Steph
Ram Cares
That's great advice for those that are still in their the trial period or PAY for the nav/update package monthly/annually after the trial to get OTA updates but for those of us that REFUSE TO pay highway robbery prices for SOFTWARE UPDATES that SHOULD be free for everyone after paying over 60+K for the truck your post isn't really valid.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's great advice for those that are still in their the trial period or PAY for the nav/update package monthly/annually after the trial to get OTA updates but for those of us that REFUSE TO pay highway robbery prices for SOFTWARE UPDATES that SHOULD be free for everyone after paying over 60+K for the truck your post isn't really valid.
Radio software updates (which this thread is about) are free OTA, always have been. You don’t have to pay, or have any active services.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve only had 1 OTA update so far - to the 24.13 & seemed to have fixed any issues I previously had. Although I’ve been thinking for a while now that my mirror dimmers have stopped working since then. I guess the only way to tell is have the dealer hook it up to a software reader to see if they’re turned on. I’ve turned them off & on manually thinking it might “jump start” them to no avail. I actually wish the mirror dimmer button would make them turn off/on instead of the automatic feature. @RamCares - maybe that is something that could be added with future updates if possible.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Radio software updates (which this thread is about) are free OTA, always have been. You don’t have to pay, or have any active services.
Actually they are not free Jimmy but they’re in a different package then the 3 month trial as I thought. also I never got the ver 24 or 26 updates OTA updates either. I have received 3 prior OTA updates though.

35F5C38A-22FF-4016-B055-2EF4A0B36DE0.jpeg
0025E1A5-11E2-4D84-9F29-3A5A4691CF02.jpeg

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I’ve only had 1 OTA update so far - to the 24.13 & seemed to have fixed any issues I previously had. Although I’ve been thinking for a while now that my mirror dimmers have stopped working since then. I guess the only way to tell is have the dealer hook it up to a software reader to see if they’re turned on. I’ve turned them off & on manually thinking it might “jump start” them to no avail. I actually wish the mirror dimmer button would make them turn off/on instead of the automatic feature. @RamCares - maybe that is something that could be added with future updates if possible.
Do you have the digital rearview mirror?

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Yessir.

To clarify, I mean my side rear view mirrors are no longer dimming.
Yes sir I knew you meant the side mirrors. If you’re using the digital mirror the side mirrors (at least I’ve noticed on mine) don’t dim. If I turn off the digital they then will dim like normal. I also think they should dim while using the digital and maybe they should but it hasn’t been my experience. Maybe we’ve found another bug. 😂

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sir I knew you meant the side mirrors. If you’re using the digital mirror the side mirrors (at least I’ve noticed on mine) don’t dim. If I turn off the digital they then will dim like normal. I also think they should dim while using the digital and maybe they should but it hasn’t been my experience. Maybe we’ve found another bug. 😂

I think you’re right, bc the 21 Laramie I traded in for this 22 had all of the same features as this truck & with the digital mirror but the side mirrors would also dim. I like to keep the digital camera mirror on bc it reduces glare at night & still let’s me see so you would think they would have them work simultaneously since that’s supposed to also be the purpose of the side mirrors dimming. Dang it Ram!

I inspect things that engineers & architects design all the time & more often than not I’m always thinking “why the hell did you design it this way after all the R&D that’s been done?!” Lol

Roman2179

Reaction score
Actually they are not free Jimmy but they’re in a different package then the 3 month trial as I thought. also I never got the ver 24 or 26 updates OTA updates either. I have received 3 prior OTA updates though.

View attachment 140329
View attachment 140330
You can also get the updates at home over WiFi. Scroll through your settings and at the bottom you should see the option to connect to your home WiFi for software updates.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I think you’re right, bc the 21 Laramie I traded in for this 22 had all of the same features as this truck & with the digital mirror but the side mirrors would also dim. I like to keep the digital camera mirror on bc it reduces glare at night & still let’s me see so you would think they would have them work simultaneously since that’s supposed to also be the purpose of the side mirrors dimming. Dang it Ram!

I inspect things that engineers & architects design all the time & more often than not I’m always thinking “why the hell did you design it this way after all the R&D that’s been done?!” Lol
I’m the same way as you with asking ummmmm 🤔 why the hell didn’t you include this or do it this way. It’s like why isn’t there an option to auto fold/unfold power mirrors. Our new Grand Cherokee L has this feature and it’s great. Lock the doors and the mirrors fold and unfold when you start to drive.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
You can also get the updates at home over WiFi. Scroll through your settings and at the bottom you should see the option to connect to your home WiFi for software updates.
One of the fun parts of getting a new vehicle is going through all the options

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/