5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12 Issue - No Sound/Sirius Doesn't Load

Reaction score
Had my truck for 4 weeks and since week 2 every other day Sirius Xm button greys out and my volume is stuck at 10, it won’t move, FM is there but no volume. I can then get in the truck next day and all working This is obviously a major flaw as when I search their are a lot of issues being reported.
Now I have to play the stupid dealer game as I guarantee when I take it in it will be working.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had issues with my 12” system also for the first few weeks, “loading....” no satellite or any radio or media functions, it happened off and on, sometimes a window would ask to “set up Guardian” I finally registered to Sirius Guardian and the issues all disappeared. Hopefully this can help someone else.

lambolambo

Reaction score
Hi have the ram 2020 limited with the same problem. But if I only use the radio and not the sat it does not turn off only when using the sat. As anyone tried the same thing. Can we can Siriusxm maybe they can suggest something?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The drama continues, now they are not replacing my radio and can’t tell me when it will be fixed!

CMENT

Reaction score
Mine just bricked, no audio at all and the dreaded "Sirius is loading.". Such BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
turn the truck off and open the door so the system powers down, wait a minute or two then restart, mine comes back up. Its not a solution to the problem but it does restore service quickly. Did it today, I'll be glad when they fix this but until then..

CMENT

Reaction score
turn the truck off and open the door so the system powers down, wait a minute or two then restart, mine comes back up. Its not a solution to the problem but it does restore service quickly. Did it today, I'll be glad when they fix this but until then..

That doesn't work for me. When I got in the truck this morning everything was working. Turned the car off went into the store for coffee. Started truck up and back to the Sirius loading screen. Cycled the car on and off about a dozen times over the last 4 hours and still get the loading screen. Going into the shop on Friday.
The scary thing is the service manager had no clue that this is an issue. Supposedly my instance is the first. Scary part is they are a high volume dealer. I think he is full of ****.

BowDown

Reaction score
That doesn't work for me. When I got in the truck this morning everything was working. Turned the car off went into the store for coffee. Started truck up and back to the Sirius loading screen. Cycled the car on and off about a dozen times over the last 4 hours and still get the loading screen. Going into the shop on Friday.
The scary thing is the service manager had no clue that this is an issue. Supposedly my instance is the first. Scary part is they are a high volume dealer. I think he is full of ****.

Leave it off, it'll be back working. According to what I've read here, replacements do the same thing

CMENT

Reaction score
Leave it off, it'll be back working. According to what I've read here, replacements do the same thing

What do you know, left it off for about an 4 hours and it "kind of" came back. I was able to get am/fm radio, but the Sirius icon was greyed out like stated in the TSB. Drove to get pizza and turned the car off, when restarted got the Sirius loading message. Just the same as others and I don't mean to rehash the problem. For a 70k+ truck this is BS. I will let you know what the dealer says.

BowDown

Reaction score
What do you know, left it off for about an 4 hours and it "kind of" came back. I was able to get am/fm radio, but the Sirius icon was greyed out like stated in the TSB. Drove to get pizza and turned the car off, when restarted got the Sirius loading message. Just the same as others and I don't mean to rehash the problem. For a 70k+ truck this is BS. I will let you know what the dealer says.

Price of the truck has nothing to do with anything, this is a siriusxm / panasonic issue. I'd bet the people not using XM are not seeing this issue (because they are not using XM). Hopefully Panasonic, FCA and SiriusXM get the software right and fix this

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Did you register your Sirius with Guardian, it’s free for a year, well in Canada, I had the exact same issues until I registered to Guardian.
Did you register your Sirius with Guardian, it’s free for a year, well in Canada, I had the exact same issues until I registered to Guardian.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Update... so far the radio has worked perfectly, as it should. Also I ended up having to call SiriusXM to transfer everything over to the new radio. I did not lose my 5 year trial stuff and all that. I did have to call ATT to transfer over the hotspot service which proved to be a tad more difficult since getting to the right person thru their damn automated phone system and speaking to an American that I could actually understand was nearly impossible. Trick... keep asking for a supervisor and they will switch you to US support.

The dealership proved worthless at knowing or doing anything about any of this so if you have to do this, dont bother wasting time, just do it yourself.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Update... so far the radio has worked perfectly, as it should. Also I ended up having to call SiriusXM to transfer everything over to the new radio. I did not lose my 5 year trial stuff and all that. I did have to call ATT to transfer over the hotspot service which proved to be a tad more difficult since getting to the right person thru their damn automated phone system and speaking to an American that I could actually understand was nearly impossible. Trick... keep asking for a supervisor and they will switch you to US support.

The dealership proved worthless at knowing or doing anything about any of this so if you have to do this, dont bother wasting time, just do it yourself.
This is the info I was looking for. I was afraid it would be a mess transferring over to my new radio, and losing my 5 year stuff.
Thanks!

CMENT

Reaction score
My struggles continue . . .

Took my 2019 Ram in for the "bricked" 12in Sirius issue yesterday morning. They called and said they fixed it, and the cost was $106. Got to the dealer to pick the truck up and they said they did a firmware update to fix it. I asked why do I have to pay anything since this was an OTA update that I did not approve or need? I said it is the same thing as if an employee from FCA flew to my house and removed a ball joint in the middle of the night with my permission. The service manager responded, "How do you know it was due to the OTA?" My reply was I am not an idiot and that this is a known problem and there is a TSB for it. He said there is nothing he can do and I need to call FCA. When I dropped it off I asked the service counter person "how many radios have you guys replaced?" and she said "quite a few, quite a few."
Anyway, I paid the $106 and asked "do I have to pay this again if the radio stops working?" and the service manager in a snarky tone replied, "only if it happens outside of 30 days." I grabbed my keys and went to the truck. Started the truck up, and you guessed it, the radio was bricked. The service manager came out to inspect and after confirming it was not working told me to leave the truck. I asked, can I get my $106 back and his quick reply was "no." WTF?
I have bought 5 vehicles from this dealership in the last 12 years and will never buy from them again, and probably not another FCA product either. This is utter BS.

Snwjnky

Reaction score

What was the ATT number you called? About to change over to the new radio ID. Thx

john94si

Reaction score
Mine has been doing it more and more lately.
I have video of it.. and it sometimes will play two sources like USB and Xm at the same time.

Kaneco

Reaction score
2020 Limited with the message “loading” ALL DAY! The dealer kept the truck overnight and couldn’t find a problem. This morning, the radio is working. This is the second time the 12” locked up since I picked up the truck 5 days ago. Any predictions? Am I looking at a fight to replace the hardware?

tpetty

Reaction score
My 2020 has done this a few times over the last couple weeks. No radio function/volume, as mentioned above. Has always worked the next day. If it keeps happening, guess I will have to take it in - but it's quite apparent from the above posts that the dealers don't really have a fix for this. It almost HAS TO BE A SOFTWARE problem, and should have a simple software fix.

tpetty

Reaction score
RAM customer service - it looks like you monitor this forum. What is the company's response & planned solution to this relatively frequent problem - that your dealers do not currently seem to have a fix for?

Users who are viewing this thread