5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12 Issue - No Sound/Sirius Doesn't Load

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I got everything working again. I had no access to my Sirius XM, the button was on the screen but it would not do anything when I pressed it. I unplugged the negative battery cable and left it undone for about 30 min. Then I plugged it back in. I started the truck and the Siriusxm button was completely gone. I then hit the mode button and it was there so I selected it. Everything is back to working right now. I had to add the Sirius button back to my favorites on the display. Well see what happens next.

Reaction score
Getting worse for me, was working fine and then just restarted while I was driving and I lost sound and wouldn't connect to Sirius. Don't know what to do, feel like taking to the dealer is a waste of time.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
I got the same unavoidable update and was left with all the same symptoms as everyone here. It comes and goes with no reason. Customer care started a case which requires me to take it to the dealer which is a waste of time seeing that no radios are available anyway. Plus they told me they would need it 3 plus days to get to it. Screw that. I find that it works most of the time after auto starting it, more so than when I dont so I am just dealing with it till they get their **** straight. And I find if I push an input other than Sirius before I get out when it's not working, that at least that input will function when immediately restarted.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find if I push an input other than Sirius before I get out when it's not working, that at least that input will function when immediately restarted.
That’s exactly what I was doing so at least I’d have radio and hands free or Bluetooth. The problem is when it powers up on Sirius it will not load and freezes up. You might try disconnecting the battery like I did, mine reset and everything works normal now.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I was doing so at least I’d have radio and hands free or Bluetooth. The problem is when it powers up on Sirius it will not load and freezes up. You might try disconnecting the battery like I did, mine reset and everything works normal now.
How long ago did you disconnect/reconnect?

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Oh and I have another issue... mine is the e-torque so I have the 48v battery behind the seat and so I am not sure if undoing the front battery will actually kill all the power or not.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
I would do this too but I am looking for some feedback on whether it will actually reset the radio or not with me having the additional 48v battery still powering stuff up or not. I understand it will take a bit of time for all the functions to return and all after the disconnect.

Lester1805

Reaction score
Oh and I have another issue... mine is the e-torque so I have the 48v battery behind the seat and so I am not sure if undoing the front battery will actually kill all the power or not.
Your 48 v battery is behind your seat, cause mine is sitting just left of my 12 v battery under the hood, 2020 1500

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Your 48 v battery is behind your seat, cause mine is sitting just left of my 12 v battery under the hood, 2020 1500
All Ram 48v batteries are mounted to the drivers side rear wall. The generator/motor is under your hood where the alternator would be... check out the link for more info

69Sting

Reaction score
i did the upate and my carplay is muted. I don't have Serius service. everything on blue tooth works as it did. Put pluggin in my i11 and no sound. no maps promps, can see the screen for siri but can't hear anything, can't hear messages read.
question, when you disconnect the neg batt cable to 30 min, does it wipe out the memory seats, all all the other setting in the system? Curious so if it does, i can plan for another 30 min of going through all that to reset up.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same issue here. After dealer did software update I started having this issue. FCA engineers are supposed to be reviewing and decide next step. Dealer was going to replace radio but FCA they had them do a diagnostic and send to engineers. Waiting on the results now.
Well dealer got back to me and FCA has now approved and replaced my radio
works as it should now

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Well dealer got back to me and FCA has now approved and replaced my radio
works as it should now
How long was your turnaround from reported broken, to fixed?
I've been waiting over 2 months for a radio. Wondering if I'm getting the run-a-round.

69Sting

Reaction score
i did the upate and my carplay is muted. I don't have Serius service. everything on blue tooth works as it did. Put pluggin in my i11 and no sound. no maps promps, can see the screen for siri but can't hear anything, can't hear messages read.
question, when you disconnect the neg batt cable to 30 min, does it wipe out the memory seats, all all the other setting in the system? Curious so if it does, i can plan for another 30 min of going through all that to reset up.

Fixed my own problem- Found out the update reset CarPlay valume to 0, So you have to get Siri to talk and turn the valume up on the radio.

After three pain in the but calls via the assistant button, it was a simple fix.

lbell911

Reaction score
So I did the OTA update about 2 weeks ago. My SirusXM and SiriusXM Travel-Link don't work, neither does my "traffic" feature on the map. All the other radio features work. Does anyone else have this same issue?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How long was your turnaround from reported broken, to fixed?
I've been waiting over 2 months for a radio. Wondering if I'm getting the run-a-round.
About 2 months from time of update, about 5 weeks in the FAA engineers wanted dealer to run a diagnostic test and send to them to be sure it would fix the issue. 3 weeks later radio was approved for replacement and done in less then 2 hours at dealership

Users who are viewing this thread