5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It sounding like the TSB didn't help that much?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know if I will go without my truck for weeks on end for a marginal improvement. It was almost 90 here in south Louisiana today, with high humidity. Took a few minutes, but I was able to turn the blower from 7 to 5 in a few minutes. Pretty much on par with any other vehicle i've owned. If worse some to worse I will try the heater core bypass valve. Anyone else?

dbrown300

Reaction score
Got my truck back.... won't be able to tell the true impact because it was not hot outside today (70-degrees) and I didn't drive that far (~3 miles). But with full fan speed and AC only (no recirc or max AC) the driver's side vent in the middle of the dash was hovering between 49 and 50 while parked, as the truck warmed itself up, and never changed while driving that short distance. Before the fix the temp with 84-degree temperatures, the vent temperature would drift up as the truck warmed up to a high of 58 then only drifts back to 54. With Max AC while parked (~5 minutes), the vent by the driver's door was 48 and the other driver's side vent in the middle of the dash was still at 50. No damage seen around the dash. More testing with hotter outside temps and longer trips but the first impression it did make a nice difference. Hopefully, these readings will hold (or better with longer trips) as the outside temperature increases.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hope it worked. What refrigerant do our trucks use? Just curious.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is that the new very flammable refrigerant? I’m guessing there’s no AC pro for this.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
sweet! Guess I should have google it lol. Thanks

slatersan

Reaction score
If people are able to articulate the temps they have both pre and post TSB fix, it would be extremely helpful for those trying to decide if they want to have it done or are content to leave it aloe.

Thanks to those that have and those that will.

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Update:

After 10 days since dropping it off, I have been told that it will finally be "looked" at today. Crazy....

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To add to this and terrible Ram service that I was not shocked to see....

I called around to local dealerships, dealerships I know have done the service for others, and dealerships that have a Mazda dealership that my wife uses and likes to get the service manager at the Ram dealership.

Basically all of them say the same thing. Has to be brought in and the vehicle exhibiting the problems. So basically you have to wait till there will be a high temp/humidity day and hope they have a tech at that exact moment to diagnose the issue.

Everyone knows it is an issue and yet they still want to play these games which I can only assume comes from Ram corporate to try to not be as helpful as they should.

So I may just keep remote starting and allow the vehicle to cool down for 5-10 mins as usual and say screw it as we now have reports that it is not helping a lot of people and the chance the service makes things worse is a possibility as well.

@RamCares

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Basically all of them say the same thing. Has to be brought in and the vehicle exhibiting the problems. So basically you have to wait till there will be a high temp/humidity day and hope they have a tech at that exact moment to diagnose the issue.
It's surprising that a TSB with a cut-and-dried was to bill Stellantis without any test failure or data requirement is so hard to get done.

So I may just keep remote starting and allow the vehicle to cool down for 5-10 mins as usual and say screw it as we now have reports that it is not helping a lot of people and the chance the service makes things worse is a possibility as well.
I have been denied twice for the repair. Now that I'm into my ESP, paying my deductible every time I take it in has discouraged my tenacity since the TSB has come out.

Seeing some who have posted less than impressive improvement has discouraged me even further. I'm not as bad off as some but definitely not as good as others.

Instead of investing more time and money into this I'm thinking of looking into tinting my windows and living with where that gets me.

Last edited:

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I complained about the A/C when I dropped it off for my back window replacement. They said “Freon was low”

We’ll see once the weather warms up. I also purchased some thermometers to monitor temps

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I complained about the A/C when I dropped it off for my back window replacement. They said “Freon was low” , we’ll see once the weather warms up
BS. They just use a random answer generator from a pool of possibles.

# Temps are within spec
# Working as designed
# Freon Low
# You're not doing it right (you're an idiot)
# TSB? What TSB?

Here's what they use. Stellantis approved:

1620844158728.jpeg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You forget “Aliens”. Well thats more for the battery issues but you never know, they may need freon to power their saucers as well.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Instead of investing more time and money into this I'm thinking of looking into tinting my windows and living with where that gets me.

I tinted this thing ASAP so good luck with that. I also opted for the light interior due to our summer heat. I can say it is definitely livable especially with remote starting. However it is by far the worst AC I have ever owned in my 30+ years of driving. My 2014 Ram Sport was Antarctica compared to this one. My previous two cars were all Fords and ice cold also.

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Update:

Ok so they looked at the truck yesterday and today I received word that the special order parts arrived. I asked if it was for the TSB and my advisor said yes. I also asked him if the technician confirmed the issue or if he just went with the TSB and said "Well it says to do it so let's do it!". Either way, it doesn't matter to me, I just want it to be done so I'm happy I didn't get any kickback from it. I will keep everyone posted.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I tinted this thing ASAP so good luck with that. I also opted for the light interior due to our summer heat. I can say it is definitely livable especially with remote starting. However it is by far the worst AC I have ever owned in my 30+ years of driving. My 2014 Ram Sport was Antarctica compared to this one. My previous two cars were all Fords and ice cold also.
Agree completely. I tinted ceramic all around to include clear ceramic on the windshield, made some difference but still not “right”. My previous F150 was ice cold both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread