5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

ericd

Reaction score
Dropped my truck off a week ago at the dealer for this fix. Spoke to the dealer today and they have applied the fix with all the new TSB parts, put the interior back together (dash does have to come out), and it still does not work properly according to the dealer. Taking too long to cool down and vent temps are not cool enough. Supposedly the tech at the dealer is communicating with the folks at RAM on how to fix this. Dealer currently has no estimate as to when I will get my truck back.
ugh. I didnt realize the dash had to come out.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
Got mine back...blows colder air, especially from the side vent on the drivers side. No squeaks, rattles or anything that my mind worried would occur. I'm curious to see how it does in the real heat as it was not good at all during mid-summer last year. Funny, the 2021 tradesman rental they gave me was even worse than mine trying to cool high 70's outdoor temps. I think that needs the mod too! :)

ldoh

Reaction score
No doubt FCA had an issue with that 2021 but 2021s have the A/C TSB mod since it only applies to pre Jul-ish 2020 production dates.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just emailed my service advisor about this and included the TSB to ensure they can get the parts beforehand.
All the work they have done on my truck since it was new has been top notch, so I am not worried about them taking off the dash or other components. I'm just lucky to have a good dealer.

My AC has beep pretty terrible in the Texas hotter months (so pretty much spring/summer/fall...). :oops:
I'll post back if/once I get this done.

Cheers,

hamburgram

Reaction score
Well I went and picked up my truck today after they applied the TSB. The AC on the driver side is working but not very cold. The passenger side blows hot air when on AC. Complete opposite of what it is supposed to do. I also just found the dreaded rear window leak. Ugh

Attachments

• 7969FA76-7ED2-4F13-9D97-1611ADC6F051.jpeg
    7969FA76-7ED2-4F13-9D97-1611ADC6F051.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 1140D42E-EED5-4634-AED4-F3E72A96582D.jpeg
    1140D42E-EED5-4634-AED4-F3E72A96582D.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 152

hamburgram

Reaction score
The saga continues. Ac actuator in the new heat box that was installed as part of the TSB is broken which is why it will only blow hot air on the passenger side. Sounds like they are going to have to take the dash out and put a new heat box in - again.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't let them tell you they can't replicate the issue. Force them to perform the TSB if you experience the described symptoms.
There is no ‘forcing them’.
My local dealer flat out refuses to do the work. Service Manager told me he doesn’t want to get stuck fixing it when they screw it up, it squeaks or rattles or doesn’t work. I can’t imagine how bad it would turn out, if they were forced to do it.
Just scratch that dealer (Ourisman of Clarksville MD in my case) off your list.

gpbst3

Reaction score
No sir. Dealer finally returned my call, said something about a cracked housing and it will be done Tuesday. That'll be 3 weeks.
Did they give you a loaner or are you out a vehicle for a month?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
There is no ‘forcing them’.
My local dealer flat out refuses to do the work. Service Manager told me he doesn’t want to get stuck fixing it when they screw it up, it squeaks or rattles or doesn’t work. I can’t imagine how bad it would turn out, if they were forced to do it.
Just scratch that dealer (Ourisman of Clarksville MD in my case) off your list.
Sounds like you need to find another dealer if they are preemptively admitting that they would screw up a repair. Sheesh…

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't let them tell you they can't replicate the issue. Force them to perform the TSB if you experience the described symptoms.
They did replicate the issue, which is good.. at least they’re admitting that there is something wrong, which is better than the last time I tried a couple of years ago.

They are seeking consultation from FCA...or, uh...Stellantis whatever they’re called these days..

They said that the sensors are reading the temp incorrectly or something.. the service manager told me he wants to wait and see how corporate advises him to proceed before performing the TSB because it’s so invasive.

He would rather avoid having to perform it if possible.. I don’t disagree with that. I would rather that they don’t have to take my dashboard out unless it in necessary.

He said he would call me back next week after he hears back...

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
Got my truck back. No squeaks or rattles. It’s been too cold to test the AC. Will report back next week when I head to NC. So, since I got the truck I’ve complained about very low power USB ports. I mean like my iPhone 12 will charge like 1% every 10 minutes. They found a shirt in the center stack they fixed. Result (or side effect) of that is my phone and all the other ports now charge at what I would call full speed. Not fast like a USB C PD charger but like a normal charger. I’ll take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Got my truck back. No squeaks or rattles. It’s been too cold to test the AC. Will report back next week when I head to NC. So, since I got the truck I’ve complained about very low power USB ports. I mean like my iPhone 12 will charge like 1% every 10 minutes. They found a shirt in the center stack they fixed. Result (or side effect) of that is my phone and all the other ports now charge at what I would call full speed. Not fast like a USB C PD charger but like a normal charger. I’ll take it!

Glad to hear!

Old Ram

Reaction score

Good news, I assume you found no other "collateral damages" from the job?
I have a 2021 so far AC seems to be working fine but I had a bad leather dash pad that they are getting ready to replace, so same dash tear out job, I am thinking they are probably getting pretty good at this procedure at most major dealerships....

Users who are viewing this thread