5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

donusaf

Reaction score
Well going on day five now and still no word on when the truck will be ready.

ericd

Reaction score
Well going on day five now and still no word on when the truck will be ready.
Did they have all the parts in stock already or did they have to order all the service kits?

donusaf

Reaction score
The dealership told me the parts was in on Friday. Then they told me to bring it on Monday. On Wednesday I haven’t heard anything about it so I went up there and said they haven’t started it yet. So as of today I have not heard anything yet.

donusaf

Reaction score
Just got the truck back. Couldn’t really test it out due to cooler weather. Right now there is nothing rattling around in the dash it’s quiet as is nothing was done.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealership just called. They said they can't test it because it's cold out. I said I don't care that it's cold out, you have to perform the TSB if I report this issue. Then he said my Sales Code doesn't match what's on the truck. Which seems impossible. It's a limited with ATC and dual zone. He said he'll call me back.
How do I look up my sales code??
...it’s quiet as is nothing was done." Hmmm

That sounds like the roofer:
"My roof leaks"
"We can't fix it when it's raining"
"But when it's dry I don't need it fixed"
"Exactly"

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
Welp, took it in early this morning, dealer called just now to say they couldn't verify the concern because the ambient temp in the shop wasn't high enough. I told them basically "LOL, read the TSB." Service advisor got to the end where it said to use the CC code, and now she's checking to make sure they have the parts kit in stock or that they can order it for delivery tomorrow. Stay on these dealers and I'd advise mentioning the part about them not needing to "verify the concern" before performing the work!

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
They have all the parts except one which is in Winchester, VA. She says they will most likely get it tomorrow. If not, will definitely be there by Friday. She also said that she's going to use this as a teaching moment with the service tech, basically stating that he would have caught the bit about using the CC code had he actually read the TSB:rolleyes:

RamCares

Reaction score
Is this TSB about the AC not being cold or the issue that it takes 30min for the system to make adjustments when you change the temperature? My 2021 blows cold but it takes forever to change positions when I change them manually.
Hi there! Should you decide to address this with your dealer, please feel free to reach out to our team for additional support! We would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf to ensure that this is resolved for you.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I'm still gonna' wait and see on this perhaps until about June/July when temps are high and more owners have gotten the TSB applied.
That is the single issue I have with the truck, the temp of the ac. There's nothing else wrong at all.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi there! Should you decide to address this with your dealer, please feel free to reach out to our team for additional support! We would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf to ensure that this is resolved for you.

Kathryn
Ram Cares
I tried that and my case manager sided with the dealership (that didn't follow the TSB).

RamCares

Reaction score
I tried that and my case manager sided with the dealership (that didn't follow the TSB).
Please send over a private message with your previous case number so that we may investigate this further for you, thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
Update: truck has been at the dealership for a week now. Apparently there was more than 1 part that was missing. Supposed to get it back today but haven't gotten a call yet.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Update: truck has been at the dealership for a week now. Apparently there was more than 1 part that was missing. Supposed to get it back today but haven't gotten a call yet.
Thanks for the update. Hope you are in a loaner...

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
Truck has been in the shop for 2 weeks now. They discovered a short in the center stack unmentioned on the TSB that could be contributing to the issues. Was supposed to get the truck back yesterday but they never called. I'm getting tired of not being updated on this. If I get a survey they are getting blasted. This is the 3rd time the truck was promised on a certain day and then no warning about it not being ready.

ericd

Reaction score
Truck has been in the shop for 2 weeks now. They discovered a short in the center stack unmentioned on the TSB that could be contributing to the issues. Was supposed to get the truck back yesterday but they never called. I'm getting tired of not being updated on this. If I get a survey they are getting blasted. This is the 3rd time the truck was promised on a certain day and then no warning about it not being ready.
I learned this same lesson the hard way myself. They don't get my truck anymore till all the parts are sitting in their shop.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
With the recent shortage of used late model trucks its surprising they don't just sell it! Ha ha.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s code for they F@#$ed something up!

Users who are viewing this thread