5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

donusaf

Reaction score
Still waiting for them to let me know it’s done. I’m tired of the mini van they gave But I’m glad they gave me something though.

Last edited:

Joshua022

Reaction score
Is this TSB about the AC not being cold or the issue that it takes 30min for the system to make adjustments when you change the temperature? My 2021 blows cold but it takes forever to change positions when I change them manually.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is this TSB about the AC not being cold or the issue that it takes 30min for the system to make adjustments when you change the temperature? My 2021 blows cold but it takes forever to change positions when I change them manually.
It involves issues with the blend door.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer’s service is not trustworthy.

I’m waiting for you guys to tell me they were able to do it w/o screwing things up...

ericd

Reaction score
My dealer’s service is not trustworthy.

I’m waiting for you guys to tell me they were able to do it w/o screwing things up...
Hopefully I will be able to tell a difference even though it's still cold where I'm at. I may have to just keep my fingers crossed till summer

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully I will be able to tell a difference even though it's still cold where I'm at. I may have to just keep my fingers crossed till summer
As long as the rest of the truck works and they didn’t screw up anything else, I’d call it a win...

ericd

Reaction score
Dealership just called. They said they can't test it because it's cold out. I said I don't care that it's cold out, you have to perform the TSB if I report this issue. Then he said my Sales Code doesn't match what's on the truck. Which seems impossible. It's a limited with ATC and dual zone. He said he'll call me back.
How do I look up my sales code??

Reactions: cj7

donusaf

Reaction score
Well just talked with the dealership about mine. as of now they haven’t touched my truck I dropped it off on Monday. So once they do it I will post the results.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealership just called. They said they can't test it because it's cold out. I said I don't care that it's cold out, you have to perform the TSB if I report this issue. Then he said my Sales Code doesn't match what's on the truck. Which seems impossible. It's a limited with ATC and dual zone. He said he'll call me back.
How do I look up my sales code??
Sounds familiar - got a similar line from Ourisman Clarksville, except they said they would not do the work, because if they screw it up, they don’t get paid to fix it right the second time.

As for Sales Code, classic stalling tactic, to get you off, and them more time. There’s nothing to that; if the TSB applies, the TSB applies. I’ll be surprised if he calls you back...

if you want to press your luck, ask them what temperature it is inside their garage - isn’t that warm enough to test AC ??

ericd

Reaction score
Sounds familiar - got a similar line from Ourisman Clarksville, except they said they would not do the work, because if they screw it up, they don’t get paid to fix it right the second time.

As for Sales Code, classic stalling tactic, to get you off, and them more time. There’s nothing to that; if the TSB applies, the TSB applies. I’ll be surprised if he calls you back...

if you want to press your luck, ask them what temperature it is inside their garage - isn’t that warm enough to test AC ??
Well the TSB does mention specific sales codes for the AC but how would mine not apply? Yea and the TSB says, if the customer describes the symptoms, perform the repair. It doesn't say verify what the owner tells you.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealership just called. They said they can't test it because it's cold out. I said I don't care that it's cold out, you have to perform the TSB if I report this issue.
Well the TSB does mention specific sales codes for the AC but how would mine not apply? Yea and the TSB says, if the customer describes the symptoms, perform the repair. It doesn't say verify what the owner tells you.
Same issue that I ran into. My truck passed the 'cooldown test'. I told them that's not required but they still denied the work.

Good luck finding that out. My dealership couldn't tell me as they did not remember the parked location of the truck when they did the test. I'm sure that my dealership did the test in the morning and in the shade of the maintenance area...of course it's going to pass.

Last edited:

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was exactly what I said, but they didn’t care what the TSB said. Just refused to do the work. So have to drive an hour to the next dealer, but only after folks here have some luck with theirs...

ericd

Reaction score
Same issue that I ran into. My truck passed the 'cooldown test'. I told them that's not required but they still denied the work.

Good luck finding that out. My dealership couldn't tell me as they did not not the parking location of the truck when they did the test. I'm sure that my dealership did the test in the morning and in the shade of the maintenance area...of course it's going to pass.
Yea as far as Im concerned all they need to know is that I sweat my *** off in the summer in a $72K truck. Do the damn TSB lol

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Good luck finding that out. My dealership couldn't tell me as they did not not the parking location of the truck when they did the test. I'm sure that my dealership did the test in the morning and in the shade of the maintenance area...of course it's going to pass.
There is no cool down test for this TSB - ask them for the test procedure. Ask them what they recorded as temperature drop, starting and ending temps, ambient temp, time or duration, etc. All of that would have been recorded if such a test was actually done.

Being asses about it is one thing, thinking they can lie about it, is another.

ericd

Reaction score
Ok, dealership just called back. He's gonna order all three service kits to do the repair. He said they may take a few weeks to get in so the saga continues.........

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no cool down test for this TSB - ask them for the test procedure. Ask them what they recorded as temperature drop, starting and ending temps, ambient temp, time or duration, etc. All of that would have been recorded if such a test was actually done.

Being asses about it is one thing, thinking they can lie about it, is another.
I have the results but didn't care because it doesn't solve the problem, plus the test is not required. My service advisor obviously does not review all the TSB information and can only go by what the technicians tell them. Plus the TSB had been on the street for only a few weeks so I'm sure nobody there was familiar with it.

They were incredibly busy when I picked up the truck (they are the only FCA service department in the area that is open on Saturday currently) and I felt like pressing the point was not going to get me anywhere on the repair and possibly damage my relationship with them as I know I will need stuff done down the road.

I will get my ducks in a row, elevate my concern with FCA, and go back armed with highlighted paperwork (TSB and extended warranty coverage), and give it another go.

Users who are viewing this thread