5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

ldoh

Reaction score
I had mine done and so far it seems to work great. Initially had trouble getting the service advisor to acknowledge the TSB but once they did it was 1 day for the parts to arrive. Initially the tech diagnosed low or leaking freon which could be but I doubt it since the a/c worked well with the a/c hack. I assume there's a slim chance it happened on the way to the dealership.

In any event, post-fix I immediately notice a difference with cooler vent temps. Outside temp was 89 degrees.

No rattles or other residual issues noticed so far.

Mikejones11

Reaction score
I’m super happy with my experience with this. I sent the service manager an copy of the TSB and asked when I could drop mine off. Gave him the vin etc. dropped my truck off a week later. They had already ordered the parts and my truck was finished at noon the next day.

ramchaser

Reaction score
Had mine done back in January. Can't really say that its much cooler at all so it will be going back most likely. Dealer had no issue doing the repair once I showed them the TSB.

Also, no rattles or other noises after the repair.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
Mine's in being done now...we'll see how it is when I get it back.

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
So now I'm really starting to get pissed. Was supposed to get my truck back Tuesday. No call Tuesday, Wednesday or Today. I've called the dealership twice today and they keep transferring me to the service advisor that doesn't answer or return my call. Looks like they are sending the call to her cell phone or something. I'm thinking of driving over there. They are for sure getting blasted on any survey I get. Still no call back and my truck is now 2 days late.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So now I'm really starting to get pissed. Was supposed to get my truck back Tuesday. No call Tuesday, Wednesday or Today. I've called the dealership twice today and they keep transferring me to the service advisor that doesn't answer or return my call. Looks like they are sending the call to her cell phone or something. I'm thinking of driving over there. They are for sure getting blasted on any survey I get. Still no call back and my truck is now 2 days late.
Go visit and walk into the service bays before checking in with the Service Advisors...would be interesting to see how their story compares to reality (they broke something and are waiting for a part to fix it...)

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had that happen last summer. Days with no update or information. I finally drove in and it turns out that my service advisor had taken a LOA. It was rather sudden so they were scrambling to catch up on the backlog of vehicles left in limbo because of it. They were very apologetic and my work order was picked up by the Service Manager and they took care of everything on my list. Whether they felt bad for leaving me hanging or they could validate my issues all the issues on my work order were fixed, adjusted, or replaced.

Before you blow your top (as I was ready to), drop by and ask what's going on. Hold back your barrage until after you hear their answer. Just sayin'.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Have you got your truck back yet?

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
No sir. Dealer finally returned my call, said something about a cracked housing and it will be done Tuesday. That'll be 3 weeks.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jesus...can't believe how much crap some of you have had to deal with on this ac issue. My sympathies. Guess I got lucky. Wow, what a nightmare.

Duran

Reaction score
Imma have to chexk my build date. Here in so cal its already getting hot

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Imma have to chexk my build date. Here in so cal its already getting hot
What dealership do you go to? John elways in claremont is my local dealership but they are starting to get greedy and trying to brush off everything

hamburgram

Reaction score
Dropped my truck off a week ago at the dealer for this fix. Spoke to the dealer today and they have applied the fix with all the new TSB parts, put the interior back together (dash does have to come out), and it still does not work properly according to the dealer. Taking too long to cool down and vent temps are not cool enough. Supposedly the tech at the dealer is communicating with the folks at RAM on how to fix this. Dealer currently has no estimate as to when I will get my truck back.

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
Today was the fourth time in 3 weeks the dealership promised my truck would be ready and didn’t bother to call me to tell me it wouldn’t be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online