5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers

sgk

Reaction score
I believe in the FAQ I read it was rated to a 400lb capacity and snow wouldn’t be an issue. You never know but it sounds just as strong as the trifolds.
My fault, freezing snow, not the weight but the fact it needs to be cleared much better. At least that's what I was worried about. Again if take whatever was available first to try out.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been in communication with them (Real Truck) for a month and they have wore me down.....much talk ....no action

Don’t give up! Squeaky wheel eventually gets the grease.

ErikB

Reaction score
Love the Extang Tri Fold 2.0. Its simple and holds up even under the weight of snow. Easy to remove and put back on. Thats why i have one for my 19 Ram now.

Attachments

• 20180912_203310.jpg
    20180912_203310.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 205

jmr

Reaction score
I bought an American Tonneau Tri-Fold and like it allot. It looks very similar to the Lund Genesis that I had on my 4th gen RAM. It's interesting the shipping label shows it shipped from Extang in Michigan.

Medic1516

Reaction score
Just installed the BakFlip MX4 and it went on without a hitch. Fit and finish is fantastic. Drain tubes were a little tricky with the BedRug but that went smooth also.

Attachments

• IMG_4933.JPG
    IMG_4933.JPG
    878.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4935.JPG
    IMG_4935.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 207

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking for a soft (cheap) roll top tonneau for a Rambox truck, has anyone used the Gator SR1 and can you provide your impressions on its long term durability?

I like the fact that it sits on top of the rail to shed water but wonder how that will work with Ramboxes. I also like how the end rail seems secure, and the cross bars should help with snow weight, but does the material inevitably sag over time? We do get snow here and it’ll be outside...

https://www.realtruck.com/gator-sr1-roll-up-tonneau-cover/R184494P2019Y2712MA.html

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking for a soft (cheap) roll top tonneau for a Rambox truck, has anyone used the Gator SR1 and can you provide your impressions on its long term durability?

I like the fact that it sits on top of the rail to shed water but wonder how that will work with Ramboxes. I also like how the end rail seems secure, and the cross bars should help with snow weight, but does the material inevitably sag over time? We do get snow here and it’ll be outside...

https://www.realtruck.com/gator-sr1-roll-up-tonneau-cover/R184494P2019Y2712MA.html
That cover doesn’t show compatibility with the rambox system. Else I am missing that. The width of the cover is different on a rambox vs non rambox unit.

Another affordable alternative is the truxedo lo pro, which carries a lifetime warranty.

Amazon has it for 383 and if you want to play with a damaged box/or possible return they have one for 242.

Truxedo 584901 Lo Pro Black 5.7 feet with RamBox Roll-up Truck Bed Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B4962C5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_w5nOBbNKR6KB4

sgk

Reaction score

What i found was that you need to call them up and confirm its 2019 rambox All New Design(5th gen), cause it could be and many covers are 2019 but classic. and who knows maybe your stuck with the shipping or something stupid like that.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That cover doesn’t show compatibility with the rambox system. Else I am missing that.

Truxedo 584901 Lo Pro Black 5.7 feet with RamBox Roll-up Truck Bed Cover
Specific to the 2019 w Rambox, the Gator SR1 had a pull down menu which allowed selection of 2019 Ram w/Rambox so the website makes it look like it is compatible... @sgk ’s advice is of course well taken though to confirm this is not Classic (that will perpetually be a headache for all 2019 accessories). Website says model # is GRU-284954. I guess there’s an SR2 that is not comparible yet, not sure what the difference is. UPDATE re difference: From the Gator website - “The SR-1 is going to mount on top of the bed rails and sits 1 1/2 inches above the bed. It has a five-year warranty and an automatic tension system that does not require manual adjustment. This cover would cover partially your stake hole pockets. It also has two release latches.
The SR-2 is going to have the same profile as the SR-1 however it mounts on the inside of the bed giving you access to the stake hole pockets. This cover has the same five-year warranty and an upgraded manual tension adjustment. It also has one release latch on the driver side.”

Truxedo’s website says their part number for 2019 w/Ramboxes is 584901. The only thing I don’t like about the Truxedo is the locking latch only hooks at one side. Seems easy to just torque the velcro and peel it off. I guess no soft top is going to be very secure though.

Last edited:

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Specific to the 2019 w Rambox, the Gator SR1 had a pull down menu which allowed selection of 2019 Ram w/Rambox so the website makes it look like it is compatible... @sgk ’s advice is of course well taken though to confirm this is not Classic (that will perpetually be a headache for all 2019 accessories). Website says model # is GRU-284954. I guess there’s an SR2 that is not comparible yet, not sure what the difference is.

Truxedo’s website says their part number for 2019 w/Ramboxes is 584901. The only thing I don’t like about the Truxedo is the locking latch only hooks at one side. Seems easy to just torque the velcro and peel it off. I guess no soft top is going to be very secure though.
Interesting, when on the mobile I couldn’t get realteuck to show the rambox option which is why I questioned it. I think any cover that someone wants to break into they will get into!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, when on the mobile I couldn’t get realteuck to show the rambox option which is why I questioned it. I think any cover that someone wants to break into they will get into!
Yep, it’s just about slowing down and thus deterring thieves, not really stopping them. If they can do the job with just their hands it won’t slow them down much. I’m trying to decide whether to settle for a good soft roller or spend up for a hard roller like the Revolver X4 when it becomes avail for Rambox...
(fyi website looks normal on my iPad)

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard of the mx4 for rambox yet? It should be shipping soon

zentechmotors

Reaction score
Anyone seen the oem hardcover? I have seen a photo on mopars site but nouch detail is offered. I just ordered mine which is backordered until November maybe later??? Just curious if anyone has one already installed?

Hunts99

Reaction score
Not to hijack, but more questions as this is my first truck (still on order tho)....I am looking at getting either a regular tonneau cover (Access brand - Velcro roll-up) or a Bak Revolver-style. On my truck, I got the bed package which has the "tie down hooks" . I was wondering if the tie down hook rails would be in the way of the tonneau cover rails? Not sure who all has gotten the bed package on a 2019 without the Ram Box. I am just trying to get my ducks in a row so when my truck comes in, I am ready to go. Any input would be great!

Last edited:

Northeast16SS

Reaction score
The MX4 is also capable of holding (at least) 19 pounds. View attachment 1479
I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these or the Revolver. Although not a fan of how it rests against the window when fully open, I don't do it very often. I'd be curious to here your feedback on it, in the fully open position. Is there any potential for it to scratch the back of the truck/window?

Users who are viewing this thread