5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers

immersivenc

Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations for good tonneau covers for the 5th Gen? I just got mine with the 6'4 bed, and wondering what my options are. Looking to purchase ASAP.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best soft roll up - TruXedo TruXport. Have one on my Ram and have had on my F150s with no issues.... keeps the water out too!

immersivenc

Reaction score
Best soft roll up - TruXedo TruXport. Have one on my Ram and have had on my F150s with no issues.... keeps the water out too!

Thanks for the suggestion. The TruXport is priced well. Just ordered one.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once you install, add a dab of caulk in each of the front corners and a piece of the weatherstripping on the rears to cover the little gap and no water will get in - even in a car wash.

bmoney5813

Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations for good tonneau covers for the 5th Gen? I just got mine with the 6'4 bed, and wondering what my options are. Looking to purchase ASAP.
I bought the undercover flex hard Tri fold cover. The fit it perfect and the install is a breeze. I’m thrilled with it.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like that will have to check it out hope they make it for Ramboxes.:)

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Just got this in my email on Thursday, thinking about ordering it.

All-New A.R.E. DoubleCover - Available Now!

Had a rolling cover similar to this about 12 years ago. The drain tubes on the front of the bed got clogged frequently and water would enter the bed. Maybe this one has it figured out but just a heads up.

ewag

Reaction score
I have the Bakflip MX4 as well and would give it three thumbs up if I had an extra thumb. I've run through car washes and other than a few drips in the bed, it keeps things inside dry. Nothing can truly keep a bad guy out if he's got his mind set to it, but for the "average thief" it's probably not worth trying to break into.

Shortly after getting the MX4, I put a Bakbox in it and am really happy with it as well. Yes it eats up a bit of the bed, but it doesn't extend any further than the Bakflip cover, and chance are you're going to put a bunch of junk in your bed anyhow to haul around JIC so I figured why not make it more organized (and blow close to $300).... https://bakflip.com/bakbox-2.html ---- their website gives much better explanation than I can, plus great pics and video.

Both are great products.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Just got this in my email on Thursday, thinking about ordering it.

All-New A.R.E. DoubleCover - Available Now!

....:eek: what type of Wizardry is this. Has any one got experience with this?

I was just thinking, man no one ever says anything about retractable covers I wonder why.

I was looking at this one myself

Laz

Reaction score
I recently ordered an Undercover Elite color matched fiberglass tonneau cover for my 19 Ram Laramie and should be here in about 3 weeks. Definitely post pics when its installed.

Users who are viewing this thread