5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers

Laz

Reaction score
Y
Very good point. I installed mine a couple
days ago and experienced the exact same thing....I posted quite a bit about it on Ram Forum. I was able to get it situated where the extra material stays out of the gap, forms a bit of a hump. I’ve opened and closed it a dozen or more times with no issues now. I can post a couple photos tomorrow if you
Up just gotta make sure the excess material doesnt get caught is all

jmr

Reaction score
I used to have a Lund Genesis tri-fold on my 4th gen RAM with 6-4 bed will that fit the 5th gen 6-4 bed?

So in other words will the tri-fold covers that fit on top of the 4th gen bed work on the 5th gen?

Last edited:

jmr

Reaction score
I answered my own question the 4th gen and 5th gen have different part numbers so they are different.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to have a Lund Genesis tri-fold on my 4th gen RAM with 6-4 bed will that fit the 5th gen 6-4 bed?

So in other words will the tri-fold covers that fit on top of the 4th gen bed work on the 5th gen?
Don't trust a part number, measure twice, order once!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Lomax trifold last night.

Attachments

• Lomax1.jpg
    Lomax1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 214

Ktxixgsr

Reaction score
For the guys with the bakflip MX4 covers, how easy is it to remove the cover if need be? I'm not sure I would want to have my motorcycle in the bed of my truck and not be able to see anything out the back. Also can you drive with it folded all the way back to the last position and latched with the buckle it comes with?

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Guys, I am a truck newbie - I noticed a lot of folks are getting the three panel covers. I was just curious as to what your thought process was when deciding on a specific type of cover. I was checking out the Aluminum backed roll covers, and then started looking at the retractable covers. I never considered the 3 panel covers because it obstructs the back view, but maybe I am missing something?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would absolutely get a retractable cover, maybe even motorized, but since I'm getting the 5'7" bed (to fit in garage) there's no way I'm sacrificing the bed space the "can" takes up. The can they roll up into is 8-10" on some models. Look at one in person before buying if you got a short bed.

The Bakflip MX4 is what I'm getting because of ratings, supports 400 lbs, secure, and on the rare occasion I'm fully loaded and it's up against the window I can handle not seeing out the back. Anyone who's ever pulled a travel trailer quickly gets over that.
Plus you can quickly remove it if needed.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I am a truck newbie - I noticed a lot of folks are getting the three panel covers. I was just curious as to what your thought process was when deciding on a specific type of cover. I was checking out the Aluminum backed roll covers, and then started looking at the retractable covers. I never considered the 3 panel covers because it obstructs the back view, but maybe I am missing something?
I went with the factory tri-fold simply because it was available with my build, not because it's necessarily the best. On my old truck, I have an Access roll-up cover, and it's still in reasonably-good shape after sixteen years. I love that it 'tensions itself' due to the latch design. I did replace the velcro strips once.

jmr

Reaction score
The reason I got my Lund Genesis Tri-fold is that it's easy to take off when needed for large loads.
It weighs about 30 pounds. But any of the Tri-folds work the same.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Made a mistake ordering the cover on my Limited. I wanted a tri fold hard cover. Took it off as soon as I took delivery of the vehicle. Will sell for $250 plus shipping if required (I am in the Houston area)

Ciege

Reaction score
Made a mistake ordering the cover on my Limited. I wanted a tri fold hard cover. Took it off as soon as I took delivery of the vehicle. Will sell for $250 plus shipping if required (I am in the Houston area)
What size bed?
What size bed?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the guys with the bakflip MX4 covers, how easy is it to remove the cover if need be? I'm not sure I would want to have my motorcycle in the bed of my truck and not be able to see anything out the back. Also can you drive with it folded all the way back to the last position and latched with the buckle it comes with?

I don't have mine yet (LineX MX4) but Morrie at https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com said you can remove completely in less than five minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread