5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover for 2019 with RamBox

S

Shaun.TFO

Geesh. This whole thing feels like they just don't have covers for the rambox version nailed down 100% yet. I'd love to get a cover sooner rather than later, but I think it may be smarter for me to wait until spring. By then maybe more covers will be available and I can see which ones are having the most success in keeping rain out and installing easily.
Unfortunately there isn't and won't be a folding cover on the market that is 100% weatherproof, rather you will find they are weather resistant.. being in the industry for about 10 years (Undercover - FLEX and then BAK) I can tell you this has and probably always will be an issue. Things I've seen in the past is customers using clear caulking around the "leak points" on the rails along with making sure the drain tubes are properly installed and etc.

IF anyone needs additional help, let me know! While I do work M-F 8-5 at another company now I still enjoy helping with these covers as it was a part of my life for so long. (Only being 30) ;)

Have a great night!!

Welfare357

Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of issues with the Retrax - without going through the whole thread, are you in contact with them?
I have connections there as I worked for Truck Hero for about 3 years and Undercover truck bed covers for 8 so I can dig down and find out the truth behind the issues and provide a realistic time frame. My #1 goal is to provide folks with quality products and the $ comes after. Please let me know if I can help at all!
Their is issues with the Retrax covers with RamBox. We will appreciate any help in the future with dealing with Retrax.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
What are some issues you guys are seeing? Any info greatly appreciated!

Thank you for the offer to help. It is appreciated. The story is a bit long and it's not really feasible to repeat it here. Please click the link I provided in my initial post in this thread for all the details.

S

Shaun.TFO

Thank you for the offer to help. It is appreciated. The story is a bit long and it's not really feasible to repeat it here. Please click the link I provided in my initial post in this thread for all the details.

I read through your posts.. wow!
I wasn't aware there were this many issues with the Retrax for the Rambox.. I do have a call in to my contact out there and I will make sure to follow up - I will also follow your thread as I'd like to see the results on your end, too

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey @Shaun.TFO . Are you seeing this now for the MX4? BAK has this message not only on the revolver, but also the MX4 now on their website.

BAKFlip MX4 19 Ram (New Body Style) 5ft 7in w/ RamBox
NOTE: NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL MID 2019

S

Shaun.TFO

Hey @Shaun.TFO . Are you seeing this now for the MX4? BAK has this message not only on the revolver, but also the MX4 now on their website.

BAKFlip MX4 19 Ram (New Body Style) 5ft 7in w/ RamBox
NOTE: NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL MID 2019

I see that however I've reached out to the production team and I am being told they are building. I will follow up to ensure they are not bsing and will revert back shortly

S

Shaun.TFO

OK Fellas I have some info

MX4 - Producing and have been since 1/9/19 - orders are shipping first in, first out - drop ships first
Revolver - There is about a 6-8 week lead time on RAW materials so you are probably not going to see these for the next 90 days or so

I will keep everyone updated

hallchris80

Reaction score
Update to the problem I had with the Black Anodized Rails vs the Aluminum unfinished rails.

Problem solved. When I went back to the dealer, he said the Black rails go with the Mopar Tonneau cover they removed when I bought the truck. Sales manager said when they removed the Mopar Tonneau cover, they should have also removed the black rails and installed aluminum ones. They changed them out and now my Bakflip cover is installed.

All good.

Cheers,
Chris

Rich

Reaction score
Hi Shaun,

Please PM me a price for the MX4 for my 5'7" RamBox new style crew cab, include delivery to NH.

Can you also quote the F1? Is it worth the difference compared to the Bakflip mx4?

Becks0331

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm new to the group and have been researching bed covers for my 19 rebel w Rambox. I appreciate all the info here and leaning toward ordering the MX4 or revolver. What vendor has proven to have the best prices? Shaun ive seen your posts and wanted to see if you can send me over a quote. Thanks!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm new to the group and have been researching bed covers for my 19 rebel w Rambox. I appreciate all the info here and leaning toward ordering the MX4 or revolver. What vendor has proven to have the best prices? Shaun ive seen your posts and wanted to see if you can send me over a quote. Thanks!
Shaun absolutely was a pleasure to deal with.

S

Shaun.TFO

Will be in touch tonight fellas! Thanks everyone for the compliments :cool::cool:(y)

ShadowFE

Reaction score
Folks, I have to pass on my experience with Morrie at TonneauFactoryOutlet and James at BAK. I ordered a BAKFlip MX4 from Morrie after seeing the great reviews on this forum. Morrie gave me a good price and cover got to me in about half the time forecasted. We all have heard of the difficulties with the rail system on the short bed with Rambox. My truck has the silver rails and I was really struggling to get the cover rails to attach. I decided to call Morrie for advice. He contacted James at BAK (while I was on the phone) and they decided I needed different cover rails. They were shipped immediately and received in 3 days. The cover with new rails fits great. It's got some leaking around the tailgate but I expected it to. I can't begin to describe how refreshing it is to deal with people who truly care about their customers. I can't say TFO is the least expensive as I never shopped anywhere else but, I feel like I got a pretty good price. I can say their customer service is the absolute BEST! Thank you Morrie and James for restoring my faith that there are business out there who still give a damn!

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Folks, I have to pass on my experience with Morrie at TonneauFactoryOutlet and James at BAK. I ordered a BAKFlip MX4 from Morrie after seeing the great reviews on this forum. Morrie gave me a good price and cover got to me in about half the time forecasted. We all have heard of the difficulties with the rail system on the short bed with Rambox. My truck has the silver rails and I was really struggling to get the cover rails to attach. I decided to call Morrie for advice. He contacted James at BAK (while I was on the phone) and they decided I needed different cover rails. They were shipped immediately and received in 3 days. The cover with new rails fits great. It's got some leaking around the tailgate but I expected it to. I can't begin to describe how refreshing it is to deal with people who truly care about their customers. I can't say TFO is the least expensive as I never shopped anywhere else but, I feel like I got a pretty good price. I can say their customer service is the absolute BEST! Thank you Morrie and James for restoring my faith that there are business out there who still give a ****!

Thanks so much for sharing! It's refreshing to hear about vendors who sincerely care about their customers. I have made record of this and will look forward to working with Morrie myself.

Users who are viewing this thread