5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover for 2019 with RamBox

Webbd30

Reaction score
MX4 but we have access to any BAK cover among many others! Shoot me a message

Hi! I am new to the form and wanted to get a quote for the BAK revolver X4. My truck has not arrived yet so I am unsure of the rail system but here is some info I hope can help with the quote.

I ordered a 5,7 Rambox With the (Bed Utility Group) and spray in bed liner. I know this group has the tie down system and rail system.

is there a cover option for this group to your knowledge?

If you can PM all info that would be great!

Capt Joe

Reaction score
I have the stock tri fold soft cover with ramboxes. That's exactly how they fit. You could see down into the cab. I was going to try to figure a weather stripping solution myself. 20190216_230326.jpg

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow! That's a big gap between the tailgate and the ramboxes. Regardless of what cover anyone gets, that will certainly let a lot of water in. Is everyone's rambox/tailgate gap that bit?

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Absolutly, the cover has nothing to do with that gap...seems like a design overlook to me - like the rambox rails needed to come back another 1/2" or so and some weather stripping applied. Too cold to work up a fix here in PA now though.

cwalker4205

Reaction score
Finally got my Lomax installed, I had an MX4 on my last truck, but in 2 years I already had to have it replaced under warranty, this one seems more well built.

053DA456-2D01-404A-B585-1E54456F4C40.jpeg

Attachments

• 5AC5C973-A9DF-4EA0-AD36-B9ECFDE46744.jpeg
    5AC5C973-A9DF-4EA0-AD36-B9ECFDE46744.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 184

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got my Lomax installed, I had an MX4 on my last truck, but in 2 years I already had to have it replaced under warranty, this one seems more well built.

View attachment 17984

Great info. how does it work as far as leaks? Especially the Gap where the tailgate meets the ramboxes? And how are you able to open the ram boxes all the way or does it interfere with them

cwalker4205

Reaction score
Great info. how does it work as far as leaks? Especially the Gap where the tailgate meets the ramboxes? And how are you able to open the ram boxes all the way or does it interfere with them

I haven’t tested for leaks yet, but I know I’ll have to put the weatherstripping at the tailgate gap. I’m planning on picking some up tomorrow. It mounts with the bed utility rails, but only with tabs, not the full length like the Bak. The Ramboxes open fully with no issues.

I forgot to give a shoutout to Luke at Truck Alterations, this is the second time he’s taken good care of me!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean it only at axes with two tabs and not the full rails? also are you able to open and close the tailgate without opening the cover and vice versa can you open the cover without having to open the tailgate? Finally does this one flip all the way up and leaned against the window or can you only fold two of the panels where the third one stays flat taking away some of the bed space. Would love to see a picture of it folded up whenever you get a chance. I agree Luke's been solid!

cwalker4205

Reaction score
There are 4 tabs on each factory rail, they then bolt to the Lomax rail, it’s pretty solid. The tailgate closes with the cover up or down, just like the MX4. It doesn’t fold up against the window, but the whole thing is pretty light and lifts right off, it fits nicely in the cab when removed. I’ll try to get some more pictures later.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
I just got the Lomax hard cover installed on my 1500, and it looks great! I'll report back with pictures.

Highlander_1

Reaction score
Absolutly, the cover has nothing to do with that gap...seems like a design overlook to me - like the rambox rails needed to come back another 1/2" or so and some weather stripping applied. Too cold to work up a fix here in PA now though.
I stuck 1” rubber foam insulation used on AC lines,fits well helps keep out the rain and viewer from seeing what in the box. Stays on the tail gate though.

Attachments

• BB89ED03-A7C4-4477-AD7E-66FDC4BADC86.jpeg
    BB89ED03-A7C4-4477-AD7E-66FDC4BADC86.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 264

macallien

Reaction score
Got the POWERTRAXONE MX installed yesterday. Works flawlessly and very little water inside the cab. Will post pictures later.

CynicalTexan

Reaction score
I just got the Lomax hard cover installed on my 1500, and it looks great! I'll report back with pictures.
GTBrown,
Did you ever get that Lomax installed? I'm curious because I've looked for a Lomax that fits the Rambox but haven't seen an honest picture of one installed. If you've got the particulars of your order I'd appreciate it as well (Model # and who you ordered from).

Sorry, I know I'm asking a lot, but I left my Avalanche for this new Ram and I miss my Chevy tonneau covers.

Meetis

Reaction score
Shaun, can you quote MX4 for ram 1500 2019 with ramboxes, thank you

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

timbit31

Reaction score
Good Evening! Reading over the thread and I would like to present an opportunity for a group buy! Can I get some interest in this? While I can't post pricing here I can assure you we have the best prices around! Retrax - BAKFlip.. BAK has you covered even with a RAMBox!

Can I get say 6 people interested??! Ask a buddy to join! After the 6th order is received all orders will ship.

Interested 2019 Ram Rebel 5'7" with Rambox.....still avail?

Preston

Reaction score
Shaun can i get a qoute on the Bakflip G2 for 5 7 bed without ram box and with the bakbox 2?

tul9033

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the BAK MX4 to the Mopar part? Both are made by BAK, bit the Mopar looks blacker.

Mopar

BAK MX4

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like Shaun is not a member here anymore...?

I messaged Morrie at TFO last night. Got the quote and ordered today. $945, delivered, for a Revolver X4 for my 5'7" with RamBoxes.

I had a BakFlip G2 (I guess it was a G2) on my '09 (5'7", non-RamBox). I put it on when my truck was new (in '09). It was still working flawlessly when I traded the truck on Wed, 10 years later. I've had Retrax and other similar covers (Roll'n'Lock, I think it was called) on past trucks. But, I think the roll-up Revolver is going to work even better for me than the BakFlip did. I am definitely looking forward to being able to have the bed open and still see out the back window. Also, not having to open the top every time I go to close the tailgate... And the tailgate that locks automatically when I lock the truck. Oh, man! I am livin' in tall cotton! :)

The real test though, is going to be seeing if I can roll my motorcycle into the back of the truck and have the front wheel butt up against the front bed wall before it hits the rolled up X4. I couldn't do it with the BakFlip. The wheel would hit the BakFlip before it would touch the front wall.

Users who are viewing this thread