5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover for 2019 with RamBox

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long do you think it will be before Mopar comes out with a Tonneau cover to fit the 2019 with RamBox?

I like the one I have on my 2015 and would like to get the same thing.

It is a Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover with a fabric type top.

Hoping they will have something available soon.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Be going with that one too when I order my Rebel. I currently have the G2 but like that you can open/close the MX4 without opening the tailgate first.

Last edited:

sgk

Reaction score
There's definitely no perfect rambox cover but a retractable one takes up additional space in the box that is already limited with the 5'7" roll up works good unless you live somewhere with real winters, heavy ice or snow, then they are among the worse to open. Exception, you park in a garage or underground parking then yes probably a better route to go. (i park outside year round so Im considering a bakflip also)

CaliTex

Reaction score
The removability/reinstall is a blessing and a curse of the tri-fold for sure. I ordered one with my 2019 Rambox build in part because I wanted to be sure I have one that fits right. I don’t know whether the 4th gen aftermarket covers (of all types) are going to fit or whether we’ll have to wait for the aftermarket to design new 5th gen covers. I just hope including the tri-fold in my order doesn’t hold up the build.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I plan on getting a retractable cover when I eventually get around to buying a Longhorn with Rambox, probably in the fall. Hopefully by then all the aftermarket manufacturers will have their 5th gen stuff ready! I won't need the full capacity of the box on anything close to a regular basis, so I'm not worried about losing the few inches of storage space from the tonneau canister.

cjgerson

Reaction score
I have a Retrax One on my current truck and really like it, so I will be getting a Retrax One MX for my 2019. They haven't released the 2019 cover that fits Ramboxes yet but websites says availability in Q2.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There shouldn't be a whole lot of difference other than it being higher than the 4th Gen ones. They haven't updated the Ram body builder guide yet so I haven't been about to check yet.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Posted this earlier... but this is what I got from Retrax

30E6FB9E-FEF5-4B7E-A824-AA459DA929C4.jpeg

76rich

Reaction score
I have a Retrax One on my current truck and really like it, so I will be getting a Retrax One MX for my 2019. They haven't released the 2019 cover that fits Ramboxes yet but websites says availability in Q2.
I don't have a Rambox, but, I bought a new Retrax in 2012 for a new 2012 Ram. In 2015 I removed it and added to my new 2015. Today I added the same one to my new 2019 Limited. After getting someone to help me lift it on the bed, it took about 15 minutes to make adjustments and it fits like a glove.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn’t say they have them available. Did you buy one?

Still not listed on the website but several here have them installed already. Search on it and you can see pics of the new rails.
I'm on hold due to holiday plans but will order in Jan.

Limbeck

Reaction score
Still not listed on the website but several here have them installed already. Search on it and you can see pics of the new rails.
I'm on hold due to holiday plans but will order in Jan.

Alright I’ll see if I can find it elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limbeck

Reaction score
They must have taken it down cuz it’s definitely not there anymore. Can someone send a new link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread