5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three issues - uConnect freezes, person on other end of call stops hearing me, car play locks up

Gemlin

Reaction score
Update #2 - Dealer did a reset on my radio again. I can tell because all my presets are back to default. Wouldn't tell me what they did and gave at me with an attitude. Said working normal. Service advisors quote - Its your vehicle and your problem.

Last edited:

Gemlin

Reaction score
Update #3 - Field Tech from FCA went out to my vehicle and changed the settings on my radio via his computer. We will see if it is fixed.

Gemlin

Reaction score
Friday Update - It's been two days since the "FCA Regional Tech Advisor" changed settings inside my radio with his computer.

Two Day Results:
- Auto Muting Calls seems to be resolved. Usually it happens everyday after 5 minutes or so. Only time will tell, but seems a little weird to me that after 6 months, the blue tooth phone connection seems to be working properly finally. (I'll know for sure in 30 days. If it works for 30 days, I'll assume they finally fixed it)

- Backup Camera. If I put it in reverse without hitting "ACCEPT" on the disclaimer screen, the camera now comes on with the controls under it. (Previously the screen may stay black, Camera comes on without the controls under it, or it would simply lock up.) It appears to be working, however I will be wary until I have used it for a month. If it works fine for a month, I'll get the warm and fuzzy feeling he fixed it.

- Static over radio/XM radio. This was random in my vehicle. I won't know unless it does it again. In 6 months it happened to me twice.

- Navigation - My navigation still says offline, however it actually searches now and seems to work. (I don't care if it says offline, as long as it searches and actually finds locations.) Seems to be working now.

Again this is just a two day result, I'll post up more in a week or so and let you know if it was resolved.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
@Gemlin did you by chance ask when the next over the air update will ever happen for the 12” system ?

Last edited:

Gemlin

Reaction score
@Gemlin did you by chance ask when the next over the air update will ever happen for the 12” system ?

No, I didn't. I just wanted my radio to work properly.

The first 3 times I have taken my truck to the dealer, they just plug in a code reader. It always came back clean.

The dealer has no idea on how to fix the issues I had. It took FCA to send a Regional Tech Advisor to look at my vehicle. This individual plugged into my vehicle and reprogrammed/set settings on the radio. Now the 12in system seems to be running like I would expect. But only time will tell.

At least FCA set things right by backing their products with a very good extended warranty for my vehicle.

RammyShand

Reaction score
Friday Update - It's been two days since the "FCA Regional Tech Advisor" changed settings inside my radio with his computer.

Two Day Results:
- Auto Muting Calls seems to be resolved. Usually it happens everyday after 5 minutes or so. Only time will tell, but seems a little weird to me that after 6 months, the blue tooth phone connection seems to be working properly finally. (I'll know for sure in 30 days. If it works for 30 days, I'll assume they finally fixed it)

- Backup Camera. If I put it in reverse without hitting "ACCEPT" on the disclaimer screen, the camera now comes on with the controls under it. (Previously the screen may stay black, Camera comes on without the controls under it, or it would simply lock up.) It appears to be working, however I will be wary until I have used it for a month. If it works fine for a month, I'll get the warm and fuzzy feeling he fixed it.

- Static over radio/XM radio. This was random in my vehicle. I won't know unless it does it again. In 6 months it happened to me twice.

- Navigation - My navigation still says offline, however it actually searches now and seems to work. (I don't care if it says offline, as long as it searches and actually finds locations.) Seems to be working now.

Again this is just a two day result, I'll post up more in a week or so and let you know if it was resolved.

This is useless for the rest of us dealing with the same issue. The tech should have told you what he/she changed so we'd be armed with the information when speaking to our local dealership. I'm glad yours seem to be working now. Such a nuisance for an otherwise delightful rig.

Gemlin

Reaction score
I know the regional field tech changed settings within my radio. That's all I know. You need to talk to the dealer to get them to get the regional field tech to look at it and change your settings in your radio so that it resolves the issue.

RammyShand

Reaction score
I'm not blaming you but you missed my point. If changing settings fixed your problems, knowing exactly what was changed may fix our problems as well. The tech should have documented exactly what was done.

Gemlin

Reaction score
They are not going to tell me what they change that fixed the issue. The service adviser said the field Tech change some settings and it's fixed now. That's all they will tell me

stevestrike

Reaction score
If they fixed your bluetooth issue it would really help to know--so many of us are having the exact same problem!

Gemlin

Reaction score
Well its been over a week since the "Field Tech" changed settings in my radio. My bluetooth has not put me on mute once.

Something I did notice on the Radio however, XM (Whenever I switch stations theres a highlighted "Start from Beginning" Blue box on the bottom of the screen now. If I press it, it starts the song at the beginning. I don't recall that button being there prior to the field tech messing with my radio.

My radio is working as it should right now. It's not the dealers fault that they can't fix this issue, its FCA Not telling the dealers how to fix this issue. The dealer wouldn't let me talk to the field tech, they just told me he changed settings and let them know if it's fixed. Whatever he did, he did fix it. I even emailed the FCA Manager who sent the field tech out, letting him know he fixed the issue and that he should put out a TSB on how to fix it.

What FCA does its up to them. I suggest put pressure on the dealer and FCA to get them to fix your vehicle. The field techs can fix it, I'd push your local dealer to get them involved to "reprogram settings in your radio" to fix this issue.

Gemlin

Reaction score
I'm very jelous you have a working bluetooth connection.

I went thru "H*LL" getting it fixed for nearly 7 months. It's been 2 weeks now, I haven't had an issue with bluetooth or having the system glitch and freeze up. I think the field tech fixed it.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealer wouldn't let me talk to the field tech, they just told me he changed settings and let them know if it's fixed. Whatever he did, he did fix it. I even emailed the FCA Manager who sent the field tech out, letting him know he fixed the issue and that he should put out a TSB on how to fix it.

What FCA does its up to them. I suggest put pressure on the dealer and FCA to get them to fix your vehicle. The field techs can fix it, I'd push your local dealer to get them involved to "reprogram settings in your radio" to fix this issue.

@RamCares maybe you can get involved? If you work with this member via their Vin and dealer, maybe you can track down the field tech and document the issues, circulate internally (and possibly here), maybe even get a TSB issued. Any help appreciated.

TomC727

Reaction score
My Ram has been in the dealer and my service rep spoke to me on the phone. They took all my phone info along with software edition. Discovered my IPhone 11 is not compatible with the Uconnect system so their recommendation was to wait for the next update to see if this addresses the Bluetooth drop.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Ram has been in the dealer and my service rep spoke to me on the phone. They took all my phone info along with software edition. Discovered my IPhone 11 is not compatible with the Uconnect system so their recommendation was to wait for the next update to see if this addresses the Bluetooth drop.

i don’t know why the iPhone model itself would be incompatible since it runs the same version of iOS as other prev gen iPhones. I believe there is an issue with the unconnect ver specifically on the 12” screens which apparently run a different ver than the 8.4 screens (which don’t have any issues).

stevestrike

Reaction score
That's simply not true, Tom. I had the previous iPhone X, and now an 11, with both software versions 12 & 13 and they all (don't) work the same. Also Android users report the same issue with bluetooth audio dropping out. So unfortunately, your service rep is full of the stinky stuff when they say "The iPhone 11 isn't compatible" is the reason for BT audio drops.

@RamCares where are you on this insanity?

nds_1127

Reaction score
Since purchasing the truck I have had the following issues with uConnect:
1. Once per week system has completely locked up and reboot itself
- This is caused when I hang up a phone call that is on apple car play or blue tooth, or switching the station on Sirius XM.
2. Apple car play will freeze/stop working, have to unplug the USB cable from port 1 and plug into port 2 which fixes the issue.
3. I will be talking to someone and all of a sudden they can't hear me, I have to grab my phone, change the input to speaker, then back to uConnect, which forces it to re-connect and it works again.

I dropped it off at the dealership today but they told me I have the latest update and we have to wait for RAM to release a new software version. Does anyone else have the issue? I am going to look for the uConnect road map to see if these bugs are on the list to fix.
I have the same phone issue and ram says its a compatibility issue ,i have i phone 8 with latest updates , just more poor answers from dodge

Users who are viewing this thread