5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three issues - uConnect freezes, person on other end of call stops hearing me, car play locks up

Gemlin

Reaction score
Since purchasing the truck I have had the following issues with uConnect:
1. Once per week system has completely locked up and reboot itself
- This is caused when I hang up a phone call that is on apple car play or blue tooth, or switching the station on Sirius XM.
2. Apple car play will freeze/stop working, have to unplug the USB cable from port 1 and plug into port 2 which fixes the issue.
3. I will be talking to someone and all of a sudden they can't hear me, I have to grab my phone, change the input to speaker, then back to uConnect, which forces it to re-connect and it works again.

I dropped it off at the dealership today but they told me I have the latest update and we have to wait for RAM to release a new software version. Does anyone else have the issue? I am going to look for the uConnect road map to see if these bugs are on the list to fix.

#3 - Mine does the same thing. However on the 12in Screen when this happens, on the phone tab, select the keypad, you'll see the button that Transfer to Phone. Click it. Then Click transfer back. This will fix it. (No need to disconnect your phone and back.)

Psimpson

Reaction score
#3 - Mine does the same thing. However on the 12in Screen when this happens, on the phone tab, select the keypad, you'll see the button that Transfer to Phone. Click it. Then Click transfer back. This will fix it. (No need to disconnect your phone and back.)

Tmcb

Reaction score
Just purchased a Ram 2500, longhorn with the 12 inch screen. I have a iPhone 10 and it gets annoying that during a call folks all of sudden cannot hear me. This is happening frequently and in fact, happened when I was on the phone with Sirius technical support. The agent hung up and although she has my number, never called me back.
The other item is the weather map. It’s a guessing game wether it will pull up the radar. This 12inch is an expensive upgrade and sounds like it has been an issue for nearly a year with no fix? Not acceptable.

TomC727

Reaction score
Hi there everyone. First time poster here.

I recently bought a new 2020 Ram Limited and I am having the exact same issue with calls being dropped off of Bluetooth.

I’ve tried disconnecting and deleting my phone and restarting with no success.

My next step may be to reset the whole system. My dealer already knows about it because they said they would look into in in January when my truck goes in for a fender replacement (big scratch that I found when I bought it)

This message board gives me hope that this issue can get resolved and it wasn’t just me having this issue.

I initially thought it was my cell phone (iPhone 11) but when I disconnected the Bluetooth and put the caller on speaker phone, it fixed the issue (caller couldn’t hear me but I hear every word on Bluetooth).

My wife and I own other FCA vehicles with uconnect and we’ve never had this issue with the other 2 vehicles (Her a 2015 grand Cherokee and me a 2017 Maserati Levante).

mikerbahn

Reaction score
+1 on the iPhone issue where the other party cannot hear me in the middle of a call. Has happened a handful of times in the ~3 months of ownership.

Also had the backup camera remain engaged once. Reversed out of a parking spot...put it in drive...backup camera never went away. Tried everything possible to make it disappear, but in the end I left it on for the 15 minute drive home. Once I turned off and restarted the truck, it was fine.

Definitely a weird one.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Did you guys do the UAX and UCX Radio Enhancements TSB update? It’s number 08-009-19 REV. B and was releases 9/11/19. It addresses these issues:
• Audio distortion.
• Uconnect App inoperative.
• Navigation route guidance incorrect.
• Radio locked up.
• Voice recognition inoperative.
• Navigation locks up and/or black screen.
• Missing CarPlayT message “Device Not Present? when using the IPhoneT display screen.
• Split screen with incorrect display.
• Radio display screen may flicker.
• Poor BluetoothT audio.
• Split screen with incorrect display.
• Radio will intermittently reset.
• SXMT audio stops working.
• SXM missing the menu and/or display graphics.
In addition, the following improvements are included:
• Radio reception improvements.
• AndroidAutoT/CarPlay enhancements.
• Language enhancements.

Gemlin

Reaction score
I've been asking the dealer to reflash my radio, put the latest update on the radio, etc.....

They keep telling me I have the latest greatest software and that Mopar hasn't updated it since the Beginning of 2019.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I've been asking the dealer to reflash my radio, put the latest update on the radio, etc.....

They keep telling me I have the latest greatest software and that Mopar hasn't updated it since the Beginning of 2019.

Easy way to find out. Put your radio into dealer mode by using figure 1 attached. Check the application number as demonstrated in figure 2. If you're not running 28.1 or higher, you're not on the latest update and the dealer has been lying to you. Print the TSB and bring it to them. Here's the TSB attachment.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/jehvpw4yqel8fx9/uax ucx 9-19.pdf?dl=0

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 49

Gemlin

Reaction score
I went out and checked my truck. It's build date is June of 2019.

Software on the radio is at 28.1 so by the TSB, its the latest software.

I ended up contacting Ram managers about my issues, I have to take the truck back to the dealer in January to get fixed. The manager I spoke to on the radio wants to replace my radio to resolve my issues. Lets say they made it right with me on the phone and his emails afterwards backed it up.

Gemlin

Reaction score
Whether or not they fix it in January, lets say I no longer have to worry about paying out of pocket for that radio. I got a nice warranty on it now.

RammyShand

Reaction score
Took truck to stealership yesterday for this issue and was told the following. Reconfigured software. Customer must delete and pair phone and also delete and reinstall Uconnect.

Translation...... They did absolutely NOTHING! Tell customer to delete and re-pair phone and also delete and reinstall Uconnect to HOPEFULLY resolve problems.

Last edited:

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Took truck to stealership yesterday for this issue and was told the following. Reconfigured software. Customer must delete and pair phone and also delete and reinstall Uconnect.

Translation...... They did absolutely NOTHING! Tell customer to delete and re-pair phone and also delete and reinstall Uconnect to HOPEFULLY resolve problems.
Let us know if it works

smiles5619

Reaction score

Did this one before and it didn't do anything except waste my time

Gemlin

Reaction score
I have to take my truck to the dealer monday.

Not sure if they'll fix it or not, but FCA Managers want to replace the radio. (At least I have a nice warranty on my truck now)

reb0957

Reaction score
My biggest complaints are drops calls on bluetooth and have to pick up handheld. Drops calls when using Android Auto plugged in. SiriusXM becomes extremely laggy anytime my phone is plugged in and on Android Auto. I have bitched to Ram at dealership, called Uconnect, called SiriusXM and finally e-mailed SiriusXM. One of my complaints to all of them was no function to block channels, I did not use or want to listen to. Like the 100 play x play channels. In the e-mail SiriusXm, said to contact their product support team because that is who programs Uconnect 12 at this number 1-866-518-3922. I have yet to contact them but prior to this e-mail Ram, Mopar, and UConnect all blamed SiriusXM and SiriusXM blamed all of them.

Gemlin

Reaction score
Update #1 for today.

Truck is at dealer, dealer called said it's working fine, nothings wrong. They insist there is no known issues with the 12in system.

Then I told them FCA Corp is sending a Field Tech to look at it... (They paused and said, fine). ... We will see what the FCA Field Tech says.

Users who are viewing this thread