5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 5.7L HEMI with eTorque

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
My trade is locked in - we agreed on a price with a ballpark mileage on the truck. I drive about 2500 miles per month so it wasn't an issue coming up with an estimate. Dealer is planning on 6-8 weeks for my new truck to arrive and right now we're at 5 weeks.
When I ordered my current truck - same thing. Locked in my trade price at the time I placed the order. ZERO issues when it arrived and I did my paperwork.
My trade is locked in as well. We never discussed any milage restrictions but I am just driving it as I normally would. He did offer me another 1000.00 if I gave him my truck at the time of my order but then what do I drive for 8-12 weeks so I passed on that. Plus if I sold him my truck outright at the time of order I think I would have been on the hook for another 1,800.00 in Sales Tax. So if I'm going to wait longer for the E-Torque/RamBox I am getting my moneys worth out of my current truck

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Do any insiders know when the media embargo (or even if there is one) on the etorque trucks will end? It seems strange to have reports of them being manufactured and folks placing orders for them without any first drives/reviews out there yet....or EPA numbers or anything really.

Anxiously awaiting reviews of real world perfromance

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off Ram Chat. Day 22 of D status.......No change. I guess I'll know when its close when I read an E-Torque review online when I wake up one morning and it shows up on Google LOL. !

Phiefer

Reaction score
I ordered my Limited w/rambox and 5.7 eTorque on 5/12. Rambox option was blocking the order entry a week earlier, but opened up about 5/12. Had dealer check status on 5/24 and shows status of D. No dates showing yet. I will check with dealer every weekend until I see the truck.

Very excited to hear when others start to receive their eTorque vehicles so we can discuss MPG and engine performance.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my Limited w/rambox and 5.7 eTorque on 5/12. Rambox option was blocking the order entry a week earlier, but opened up about 5/12. Had dealer check status on 5/24 and shows status of D. No dates showing yet. I will check with dealer every weekend until I see the truck.

Very excited to hear when others start to receive their eTorque vehicles so we can discuss MPG and engine performance.

I was able to order the Rambox on 05/07 but the dealer had to check a box showing it to be a "sold" order before we were able to select it otherwise it would not allow it to be ordered

dennis kang

Reaction score
Do you know when Hem e-toque will be available? I ordered a I500 Limited with e-Toque in mid April. The estimated ship date has been slipping from May 17 to 23 , and again to May 30.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Several Forum members have said it looks like they will start producing them the first week of July

Mopar21222

Reaction score
I feel for you guys who already ordered, that would drive me insane, especially without having a test drive. By the time they hit the lots, we should be into the Summer Sales Drive, in which they'll be giving away 18s and hopefully will have good incentives on the 19s.

Hopefully the media embargo will lift within the next few weeks, b/c if it is as good as it sounds on paper, it should build a lot of anticipation and generate a lot of orders.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I am personally waiting for the review videos on the e-Torque. I have high hopes for it, super excited to test one this summer.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there an actual media blackout on ETorque? Or is there just no news about it?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I was FCA I would have the E-Torque already in the hands of the Car magazines and Bloggers and doing the test drive reviews like they did right after the Detroit Auto Show in January. No idea why nothing is being talked about right now. Very Strange from a marketing standpoint...........

Phiefer

Reaction score
My guess is that FCA is making some last minute software tweaks, hopefully to up mpg and performance. It would support the reason why the eTorques are not in the hands of the press.
Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion on this is that Ram is selling both the 2018 and the 2019 Ram. Both 4th and 5th Gen. The people on the lot are looking for a deal or to be the first on the block.

So while they have this new engine option out (they did say late availability ) they are selling what sold the most 5.7l hemi...note that there is no v6 at all right now.

So I figure when the "classic" goes to being just regular cabs, then you will see the etorque light up. And who knows, we still haven't heard for sure what the hold up is on the original we 2500 on hold. Maybe that is the hold up. Having them built to be available when the hit comes.

Just some speculation I have done while reading of long waits and even longer waits for late availability.

Remeber now v6 and RamBox was considered a low take rate. So there is that info too...they want the etorque v6 to get looked at in its own light, instead of mixed in with the new Ram launch.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know there's been concern that no one has driven a Hemi eTorque yet (even press) but was in Everett, WA on business yesterday and the sales rep I spoke to said he got to drive one at the regional 1500 sales training event put on by RAM. They had F-150, Chevy, and an eTorque Hemi so they could drive everything over simulated terrain and see the difference. You could easily tell the RAM reps were very enthusiastic about how much better the new 1500 drove and handled. I knew my reps in Houston had done something similar but they didn't have eTorques on hand to drive.

About the eTorque, he was almost glowing as he described how it drove. He said that when the start/stop engaged (stopped), there was no lag whatsoever when you depressed the throttle as the eTorque took over propulsion while the Hemi started and got settled. It then took over as you kept accelerating. He said they started punching it off the line while the engine was off in stop mode and "you could feel the torque" from eTorque but they never could feel when it handed off to the Hemi. It was that seamless.

All third party info, but it had me drooling over my eventual delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread