5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 5.7L HEMI with eTorque

YardSale

Reaction score
LOL! I've got plenty of things to do while waiting on my first truck! Saw this video of the ReTrax Pro series bed cover that has added the ability to mount racks on top of the cover itself! According to ReTrax they won't be available until end of August. It'll be worth the wait for both!!!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got the paper brochure in the mail and aside from it being a totally different layout than the digital download the thing that popped out at me was that the picture of the eTorque Hemi had a flat black top on it rather than the silver I saw at the car show and in every image since then. Post office bent it hard but here is a scan:
y4m4YHu2QX1IQQvmmJ2kJ6g_pwDc8Zx6-fI_Hcyw0bbhBDUtmSC9AXumdJ-7dM1DV_IRxGW0lsYn1wAT4lYiiYqX0tC1BkC8Hpn-O6u-78hELKKxNP2a69FJZFA_DU2BGP4lYg2GXpye-QmxV3Lwpyda_aEP0ocXIFRWchAZV_aUX4ci3479f2CnvGq-nS4Ztl6Pbbpd0og-Vg9M9cna3fySQ

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
LOL! I've got plenty of things to do while waiting on my first truck! Saw this video of the ReTrax Pro series bed cover that has added the ability to mount racks on top of the cover itself! According to ReTrax they won't be available until end of August. It'll be worth the wait for both!!!
Do you have the link to the Video?

D

Deleted member103

Do you have the link to the Video?

RETRAX and other brands are Owned by a Michigan Conglomerate buying up many of these type companies

Website -- TRUCK-HERO.COM MANY VIDEOS TO BROWS AT YOUR LEISURE for ALL their brands :).

D

Deleted member103

Just got the paper brochure in the mail and aside from it being a totally different layout than the digital download the thing that popped out at me was that the picture of the eTorque Hemi had a flat black top on it rather than the silver I saw at the car show and in every image since then. Post office bent it hard but here is a scan:
y4m4YHu2QX1IQQvmmJ2kJ6g_pwDc8Zx6-fI_Hcyw0bbhBDUtmSC9AXumdJ-7dM1DV_IRxGW0lsYn1wAT4lYiiYqX0tC1BkC8Hpn-O6u-78hELKKxNP2a69FJZFA_DU2BGP4lYg2GXpye-QmxV3Lwpyda_aEP0ocXIFRWchAZV_aUX4ci3479f2CnvGq-nS4Ztl6Pbbpd0og-Vg9M9cna3fySQ

CAN YOU SHOW US THE PENTASTAR V6 eTorque photo ? Curious to see if THAT changed ! ?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Wow, I really like the videos of these things. Looks way better than the normal foldable ones to me, unless I'm missing a pitfall.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two pitfalls I'm aware of:
1. Lose ~10" at the front of your bed for the can they roll up into. That hurts on a 5'7" bed.
2. The non-powered version costs double what a Bak Flip MX4 runs. Add another, what $600, for the power version and then you're stuck with two key fobs.

I was sold on the non-powered version until I realized these and now plan to put a Bak Flip on mine when it arrives. If I had the garage for a 6'4" bed I'd probably change my tune and go with the roll top.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two pitfalls I'm aware of:
1. Lose ~10" at the front of your bed for the can they roll up into. That hurts on a 5'7" bed.
2. The non-powered version costs double what a Bak Flip MX4 runs. Add another, what $600, for the power version and then you're stuck with two key fobs.

I was sold on the non-powered version until I realized these and now plan to put a Bak Flip on mine when it arrives. If I had the garage for a 6'4" bed I'd probably change my tune and go with the roll top.
Very good points. I have a few truck accessory shops in the area, so I might go poke around for options. I clearly have a lot more homework to do on this feature.

Phiefer

Reaction score
I checked the status again Wed after work and status still D1 with same ship date. No surprise. I will be happy to give a report when I get truck. Hoping to get a scan tool on powertrain later in year and see how the system manages economy.
I work for a scan tool company, so hoping to get first look at some of the new data this vehicle has to offer.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a waiver I can sign to get one built without EPA cert? There's no way it will be worse MPG than the currently shipping, exact same 5.7 Hemi. Come on, it's a bolt on addition.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I blame FCA. I mean really? You talk up this tech and didnt have examples to be certified along with the legacy drivetrain? Yall didnt beat the crap out of a e torque equipped truck for durability testing? GET YOUR SH%T TOGETHER FCA!

Kramersp

Reaction score
I've said this before. Peace on the Korean peninsula before the truck is delivered.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Hmm I read the article, it really didn't indicate a definitive answer as to why the delay. It was really speculating on all the possibilities...

Last edited:

Phiefer

Reaction score
I stopped into dealer to check my order status. Still D1 with 6/13 ship date. I don't really care when this truck arrives, but I would agree FCA's credibility is not looking good.
Last minute software tweaks may translate to new EPA certs being needed. I'm hoping this new powertrain will be worth the wait.
It will be interesting to see what the status and ship date are on the 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread