5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 5.7L HEMI with eTorque

YardSale

Reaction score
My dealer had nothing but great things to say about the eTorque! He didn't drive one but was very enthusiastic about the information presented in the 2019 RAM training he just received!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm that Some of these "dealers" have LESS knowledge about this new DT than many of the people right here on the Forum that are NOT "in the business" ! Sadly, even "my-guy" at my Dealership ! But, I've informed him of at least 1 place he can pick up some good stuff -- Right here ! Hope he took the advice; I'll quiz him next time I stop by -- to see a DT in Patriot &/or MAX-Steel !

Not to keep repeating you guys but no, the non e-torque hemi does not come wth auto engine start/stop. I test drove a 19 hemi Laramie when I ordered my longhorn and it did not have it. I even specifically asked about it before I ordered. I also agree with the statement regarding dealer knowledge, we all know more about the builds and option availability than most of them do. I try to be loyal in who I work with on everything, even dealerships, unfortunately however, I ordered my 19 Longhorn from what is a new dealership to me. I had just had enough of me knowing far more about what I wanted to buy than the sales staff of the previous dealership. They have been this way on the last three new vehicles I have purchased over the last several years and enough was enough!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yea, 60 days. Because I tell ya, they have the best interior and ride for sure, but sorry, not the best drivetrain. IMHO that would go to Ford and their 10 speed with 3.5L EcoBoost. 470 torque from real low in the RPM range. Almost diesel like. And it's a rocket. I've driven all of them and it ain't even close. That's why I ordered e torque. I wanted that lack of low RPM torque from the Hemi supplemented by the electric motor. I'm not a fanboy of any of them. They need to work for my money and the evidence I've seen as far as manufacturing goes isnt impressive at all.

I agree, looking forward to my 19 Ram, love the new design. I also test drove a couple Ford Lariats. The 5.0 Ford V-8 seemed more lively than the 19 Hemi did. I believe the Ford had 3.55 and the Ram 3.21 gears. Also 10 to 8 speed tranny so who knows. We also own a 17 Ford Expedition with a 3.5 ecoboost and honestly it will blow them both out of the water and it has a 6 speed tranny!

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I just got word from my dealer that my 2019 5.7 eTorque w/rambox will ship June 13th. Hoping to have by end of the month.
Keep up updated! I am anxious for a honest review on the eTorque from an actual owner!

Phiefer

Reaction score
I went back to my dealer again today and asked for the status code for my order (2019 Limited eTorque w/rambox). He confirmed again the ship (from factory) date of June 13 and said the status was D1. He expects to see status go to J when it is being built and then go to K when it gets released from the line. Again, this order was placed on 5-12. Last 8 of my vin is KN603741. I plan to check back next Friday 6/8 and see if things are still on track.

TDubyaDubya

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I went back to my dealer again today and asked for the status code for my order (2019 Limited eTorque w/rambox). He confirmed again the ship (from factory) date of June 13 and said the status was D1. He expects to see status go to J when it is being built and then go to K when it gets released from the line. Again, this order was placed on 5-12. Last 8 of my vin is KN603741. I plan to check back next Friday 6/8 and see if things are still on track.[/QUOTE

Last 8 of mine KN603736.
Only 5 different than yours.
Sounds like exact same truck ordered the same day but I'm still waiting for a date.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went back to my dealer again today and asked for the status code for my order (2019 Limited eTorque w/rambox). He confirmed again the ship (from factory) date of June 13 and said the status was D1. He expects to see status go to J when it is being built and then go to K when it gets released from the line. Again, this order was placed on 5-12. Last 8 of my vin is KN603741. I plan to check back next Friday 6/8 and see if things are still on track.

I think your dealer is full of it. Im KN567407 and still dont have my truck almost been 8 weeks. Lately, I come to believe dealers just tell us crap to get us off their backs for awhile.

Phiefer

Reaction score
I go down and look at the screen as dealer pulls up the status in their office.
It is possible orders are proceessed out of sequence to push the more expensive MSLP first or because of availability of options. Mine is loaded with 22 inch wheels.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is possible orders are proceessed out of sequence to push the more expensive MSLP first or because of availability of options. Mine is loaded with 22 inch wheels.

Well maybe you will get your truck in July. My truck was special order also and was $53,645 ordered on 4/8. I know they are processed out of order for sure and VIN #'s don't mean anything but the dates a dealer gives you is complete crap. You will see.

D

Deleted member103

Out of sequence ? Most likely, but not for your given reason ( I suspect), but many other factors involved; non of which are "directed at your truck" specifically ! 'HST' / Having Said That, . . . your guess is good as mine ! ;) . So many reasons why Waiting, IF YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO, is more prudent -- I'm a Waiter ! Mostly due to the V6, but the longer I wait and see the "disruptions" I am Happy to just wait it out till Years End ! Only Cause I have my 2016 G.C. ! Best of Luck .

Kramersp

Reaction score
I'm KN595745 almost same truck as you but off road pkg and no moon roof (limited, e torque, rambox, ect) ordered may 8th and I'm still in D status.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm KN595745 almost same truck as you but off road pkg and no moon roof (limited, e torque, rambox, ect) ordered may 8th and I'm still in D status.

There is no way his dealer ETA dates are even remotely correct

Users who are viewing this thread