5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 5.7L HEMI with eTorque

YardSale

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/35-the-new-5-7l-hemi-with-etorque/&postID=5325#post5325" data-author="alacombe">Highest number I seen yet. I'm at Kn567*** and my truck hasn't been delivered yet and its been a total of 6wks+ since day of order.
</woltlab-quote>So am I correct in assuming that mine is the 762d order for this truck?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm assuming they are numbered sequentially and that would put your VIN almost 8,000 after mine. No idea what they started with but I doubt it was 000000.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have heard they are not building trucks in order and you cannot depend on your ViN number 100%

cjgerson

Reaction score
alacombe said:
LOL get ready to sit in D or D1 for 1-1/2 months aka truck prison
No doubt. I got my VIN for my truck with etorque and ramboxes on 5/4. Three weeks in and just hanging out in D Status.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
cjgerson said:
No doubt. I got my VIN for my truck with etorque and ramboxes on 5/4. Three weeks in and just hanging out in D Status.
Very true

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I told my local dealer that I wanted to drive one before I commit and he said no problem, we will let you know when one comes in. No pressure there.
1f44d.png

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
cjgerson said:
I am 3 days behind you and the exact same status. Are you Ivory Color also? 22 inch rims?

cjgerson

Reaction score
Slim said:
I am 3 days behind you and the exact same status. Are you Ivory Color also? 22 inch rims?
Diamond Crystal Black
22 X 9.0 Polish/Painted Whls w/Inserts
Bed Utility Group
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Body Color Bumper Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENETIAL REAR AXLE
RAMBOX Cargo Management System

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
cjgerson said:
Diamond Crystal Black
22 X 9.0 Polish/Painted Whls w/Inserts
Bed Utility Group
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Body Color Bumper Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENETIAL REAR AXLE
RAMBOX Cargo Management System
We are similar except for color, E-Torque and Axel ratio

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With no word on these being produced or scheduled yet, do you think they will put some in the hands of the various Auto Blogs, magazines etc first for driving reviews before they start building the "Sold" orders? I keep waiting to see some buzz on the internet but so far it is a news blackout.

If you google the E-Torque all the news is from January or February.............Nothing since. So weird

Seems like they would have some units out there to get some driving impressions to generate some interest on video since they have opened it up to ordering.

I keep looking for a clue (any clue) that this is actually close to hitting the production line.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Slim said:
With no word on these being produced or scheduled yet, do you think they will put some in the hands of the various Auto Blogs, magazines etc first for driving reviews before they start building the "Sold" orders? I keep waiting to see some buzz on the internet but so far it is a news blackout.

If you google the E-Torque all the news is from January or February.............Nothing since. So weird

Seems like they would have some units out there to get some driving impressions to generate some interest on video since they have opened it up to ordering.

I keep looking for a clue (any clue) that this is actually close to hitting the production line.
I haven't found anything either. I tell ya, Ram has 60 days to build my truck or I'm out.

Kramersp

Reaction score
yea, 60 days. Because I tell ya, they have the best interior and ride for sure, but sorry, not the best drivetrain. IMHO that would go to Ford and their 10 speed with 3.5L EcoBoost. 470 torque from real low in the RPM range. Almost diesel like. And it's a rocket. I've driven all of them and it ain't even close. That's why I ordered e torque. I wanted that lack of low RPM torque from the Hemi supplemented by the electric motor. I'm not a fanboy of any of them. They need to work for my money and the evidence I've seen as far as manufacturing goes isnt impressive at all.

sgk

Reaction score
Sure they dropped the gun on the 19's with E torque but then again its pretty early for any 19 model. Patients is not a bad thing, 60 days or 90 days is still well before winter hits. If interior and ride quality is best in class don't you think its worth the wait? considering thats where you spend all your time in, and when you're in it are you not driving it? I would those 2 qualities going for the Ram are the 2 most important qualities when spending time behind any wheel.
Im by no means saying this wait is impressive but I get it, they tried and failed tying to get an all new truck out so early.

D

Deleted member 85

I'm sure all of the E-Torque clients on here have gotten an actual copy of their submitted order from their dealers that show E-Torque with a submitted VON, but if you don't be careful.

I cannot place an order with E-Torque in it, however, I am Canadian.

When Hellcats first hit the scene in 2015 a lot of dealers were taking deposits for "orders" that were actually never placed.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
I'm sure all of the E-Torque clients on here have gotten an actual copy of their submitted order from their dealers that show E-Torque with a submitted VON, but if you don't be careful.
i just placed my order on Friday; I have the order confirmation and VON. I’ll expect a VIN within 5-10 days, but I’m not expecting a truck until late summer or fall.

Kramersp

Reaction score
sgk said:
Sure they dropped the gun on the 19's with E torque but then again its pretty early for any 19 model. Patients is not a bad thing, 60 days or 90 days is still well before winter hits. If interior and ride quality is best in class don't you think its worth the wait? considering thats where you spend all your time in, and when you're in it are you not driving it? I would those 2 qualities going for the Ram are the 2 most important qualities when spending time behind any wheel.
Im by no means saying this wait is impressive but I get it, they tried and failed tying to get an all new truck out so early.
That's why I want the 2019. But towing and mileage is also important. I'm going to wait, at this time my trade in is worth almost 30K. I dont want to lose money on trade because FCA cant get their crap together.

sgk

Reaction score
Not sure how it works there but cant you lock in your trade cost. I traded in my 16 Challenger srt and its locked in even though my Ram may not be here for another 5-10 weeks (who really knows) I Know my dealer would rather have my car now before summer hits to get optimal value.
On the other hand i still make payments so every month that passes they save $500 off what i owe on it(but my km will be higher). If you own your 30k trade in out right it would affect that.

Kramersp

Reaction score
sgk said:
Not sure how it works there but cant you lock in your trade cost. I traded in my 16 Challenger srt and its locked in even though my Ram may not be here for another 5-10 weeks (who really knows) I Know my dealer would rather have my car now before summer hits to get optimal value.
On the other hand i still make payments so every month that passes they save $500 off what i owe on it(but my km will be higher). If you own your 30k trade in out right it would affect that.
I do own it. No payments.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sgk said:
My trade is locked in - we agreed on a price with a ballpark mileage on the truck. I drive about 2500 miles per month so it wasn't an issue coming up with an estimate. Dealer is planning on 6-8 weeks for my new truck to arrive and right now we're at 5 weeks.
When I ordered my current truck - same thing. Locked in my trade price at the time I placed the order. ZERO issues when it arrived and I did my paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread