5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 5.7L HEMI with eTorque

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anymore (and always) it seems everytime FCA has any glitch it is big news.

It seems Ram has had an overwhelming intrest in this truck and their plan for roll out hit a hiccup with that interest.

Suppliers and contract fights at both the railroads and the supplying companies have hindered the flow quite well

And it seems anymore people grasp at the largest headline.

Why I am glad for the calm on point writing the contributors here put out.

I just keep telling myself that 2019 isn't even here yet so any 2019s they do get out are a plus. But then I am not anxiously awaiting one so I can say that.

By the anxiousness we have seen here, seems they did a good job getting people to want the truck...just hope they can get it all rolling and get all versions out there.

Rebel RamBox eTorque seem so far away, but they will show up soon enough.

Kramersp

Reaction score
If the wait is too long and I keep reading about all of these QC issues with the new trucks (brakes, leaks, infotainment glitches, transmissions banging) I'll be driving another F150.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Anymore (and always) it seems everytime FCA has any glitch it is big news.

It seems Ram has had an overwhelming intrest in this truck and their plan for roll out hit a hiccup with that interest.

Suppliers and contract fights at both the railroads and the supplying companies have hindered the flow quite well

And it seems anymore people grasp at the largest headline.

Why I am glad for the calm on point writing the contributors here put out.

I just keep telling myself that 2019 isn't even here yet so any 2019s they do get out are a plus. But then I am not anxiously awaiting one so I can say that.

By the anxiousness we have seen here, seems they did a good job getting people to want the truck...just hope they can get it all rolling and get all versions out there.

Rebel RamBox eTorque seem so far away, but they will show up soon enough.

Anytime FCA has an issue? Well, that's lots of issues and that's why you read about it. From the new Alfa Romeos quality issues to the Cherokee 9 speed debacle, air suspension not working in northern states, premature body rust, ect. FCA needs to get their crap in one sock. I'm no fanboy at all. Never will be because that screws yourself out of the best product. I love the interior and ride of the 2019. And I own my trade. So I will roll the dice on this truck. But if gives me a bunch of BS the first year I'm dumping it like bad habit and getting something else. I want this next truck to last me at least 10 years and so far the process isnt confidences inspiring.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
When I read the article, it sounded like EPA was issue, and it was speculation that Ram was fine tuning. It could also just be that the tech is stuck in government pergatory trying to get final certification and out of FCA control. We really haven't seen official MPG for etorque.

I turned on my lease Ram in May. I'm thankful I have another car, but I am down a tow vehicle and not sure how much longer I can wait. Wish we had some indication when we can expect to see production start.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the same bs FCA went through with the Ecodiesels and Volkswagen went through. FCA couldn't release their 17 ecodiesels for a very long time. I bet this will occur with the e-torques. they are cursed

Same reason why they never made a 18 ecodiesel too.

I went to hell and back with my 17 ecodiesel because of the EPA making FCA haunting production and not letting them sell the truck and once the truck was sold the EPA once again wouldn't let the FCA release a update for the cars computer system so constantly throwing check engine lights.

1st yr to release on the e-torque might not be a good time to buy it.

Last edited:

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Theres a ton of '18 EcoDiesels on lots, they've even available in Sports for 2018.

I guess I was not aware of that I was always under the impression the 18's weren't manufactured due to the 17's being restricted then not being sold due to FCA lying to the EPA about their emissions. Then EPA didn't approve their new tunes the FCA made once the 17 was finally released.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
EPA took a long time to recertify the 17s but certified the 18s at the same time I believe.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 17 was released on fake stats that the FCA released to the EPA then EPA somehow relized the emissions being released weren't accurate with what FCA stated which then put a hold on the sale of the 17's. Once the hold was lifted the EPA refused to approve the new tune till this day which causing tons of issues for the 17's in cold climates which FCA has no fix for

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of the issues included is an electrical problem involving the parking sensors which someone on this website stated they are having with their 19 already too.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So basically someone who bought a 2017 had to wait two years for a new tune? lol what a joke.

Possibly, I don't think they have retuned the 14-16 trucks yet but the 17s must have had to have an updated tune to be cleared for sale, unless some early 17s got out before the whole EPA deal which is likely.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
When the EPA gets involved get ready for a HUGE HUGE wait. E-torque is next

Seriously doubt that. EPA has to certify any vehicle before it goes on sale. eTorque isn't going to perform and different than a standard Hemi besides not emitting emissions when at idle and the truck shuts off.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly, I don't think they have retuned the 14-16 trucks yet but the 17s must have had to have an updated tune to be cleared for sale, unless some early 17s got out before the whole EPA deal which is likely.

Not true, my 17 was released after the EPA approval then needed a tune that the EPA would not release which is the reason for my lemon law and many many others

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seriously doubt that. EPA has to certify any vehicle before it goes on sale. eTorque isn't going to perform and different than a standard Hemi besides not emitting emissions when at idle and the truck shuts off.

Why wouldn't the EPA have to approve a new releases emissions before sale? I think they would have to. Plus the FCA especially might have to be approved due to their recent mistakes and might be an agreement the EPA has with the FCA for one of their sanctions because of the FCA recent activities.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't the EPA have to approve a new releases emissions before sale? I think they would have to. Plus the FCA especially might have to be approved due to their recent mistakes and might be an agreement the EPA has with the FCA for one of their sanctions because of the FCA recent activities.

Thats what I said, any new vehicle has to be approved before going on sale. They might look a little more carefully at FCA vehicles now than any others but I don't see it causing huge delays.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its a huge shame and scam that the FCA is letting customers buy the e-torque and take customers money before its even approved for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread