5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 5.7L HEMI with eTorque

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Not true, my 17 was released after the EPA approval then needed a tune that the EPA would not release which is the reason for my lemon law and many many others

So your 17 did have an updated tune to pass the EPA certification though is what I'm saying. Its unfortunate about the EPA certification tune causing issues, the Eco definitely has it's own set of issues.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Its a huge shame and scam that the FCA is letting customers buy the e-torque and take customers money before its even approved for sale.

Who said the E-torque isn't approved? Lots of companies let people order vehicles before they're available.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So your 17 did have an updated tune to pass the EPA certification though is what I'm saying. Its unfortunate about the EPA certification tune causing issues, the Eco definitely has it's own set of issues.

Negative, My ecodiesel was released after the inspection of the EPA which was not a tune. Once released the ecodiesls including mine needed a new tune due to cold climate issues but the FCA could not release this tune due to the EPA not approving it. As far as I am aware of this tune is still not released.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who said the E-torque isn't approved? Lots of companies let people order vehicles before they're available.

Being not available to due manufactoring is different then not even approved by the EPA yet.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That article states no source saying that the eTorque isn't EPA approved yet, I'm not saying that it is but there is also no proof that its not. It's all based on speculation. You can order a 2019 GM truck right now too, they aren't EPA approved, it's a lot more normal than you think. One guy even got a 2018 Mercedes C63 before it was EPA approved and Mercedes had to step in and take it back from him until the cars were approved, its hardly abnormal.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"However, thus far Ram with the mild hybrid system have not been approved by the EPA."

"It’s also possible the EPA is holding it up as the government agency is placing increased scrutiny on fuel economy testing following the Volkswagen diesel scandal."

Here are a few thing I saw and read about the e-torque. So they are not approved and should not be able to be bought. Its not a manufacture issue its an issue of even being approved.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
"However, thus far Ram with the mild hybrid system have not been approved by the EPA."

"It’s also possible the EPA is holding it up as the government agency is placing increased scrutiny on fuel economy testing following the Volkswagen diesel scandal."

Here are a few thing I saw and read about the e-torque. So they are not approved and should not be able to be bought. Its not a manufacture issue its an issue of even being approved.

alacombe, these articles are saying absolutely nothing that isn't already known. Basically, numbers for the etorque have not been released or approved by EPA. THis shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone...these publications are speculating and trying to stir up traffic to their articles based on an already known fact of EPA having not yet certified or release the numbers. "Its possible the EPA is holding it up" well sure...anything is possible.

Being able to order a vehicle is different than buying a vehicle. None of the ordered vehicles are "bought" until customer signs upon receiving and inspecting vehicle.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
E-Torque still unavailable to be ordered in Canada. Went to order my Rebel this morning. Will try again in another month.

anthonysnell

Reaction score
Potentially good news for anyone looking to buy later this year when Ram is under even more pressure to hit sales targets...translating to greater incentives.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I went back to my dealer again today and asked for the status code for my order (2019 Limited eTorque w/rambox). He confirmed again the ship (from factory) date of June 13 and said the status was D1. He expects to see status go to J when it is being built and then go to K when it gets released from the line. Again, this order was placed on 5-12. Last 8 of my vin is KN603741. I plan to check back next Friday 6/8 and see if things are still on track.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I'm 734 and my dealer told me 7/14, so hopefully they are telling us the truth. I ordered Laramie Longhorn 4x4 3:21 gear ratio 6'4" box Level 1 Equipment Group Panoramic Roof Black/ New saddle Interior 4 corner suspension just standard wheel because I ordered custom 26" wheels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180517-091609_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20180517-091609_eBay.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 17

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I removed the posts in question. @alacombe and @LOU.2 I have explained in the site news section how to use the ignore function, I suggest you both start using it.[/QUOTE

Unbelievable ! i go play 18 holes and i miss all the drama?? Jared had to put his zebra stripe pull over jersey on and keep things under control. what did i MISS?

Users who are viewing this thread