5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why do you need that, is there a problem with the 03 version?
As a few have reported, the "Line Lock" can cause "Service Stability Control" errors. I accidentally engage Line Lock while the truck ignition was on but not running. Don't do this. I can't get Cruise Control enabled due to the Stability Control fault to navigate the menus in the Tazer DT to run a "Full Reset" function. I'm stuck. The older firmware doesn't require the Cruise enabled to navigate the menus. I want to flash mine back to 18.0.1 so I can reset everything in hopes it will clear my "Service Stability Control" fault. Using Torque to clear the CEL's doesn't clear Stability Control faults.

My truck runs but refuses to leave neutral if the CEL is on. I can clear it and drive but it will come back on requiring clearing CELs again. I'm trying to avoid a dealer visit. I can't even Unmarry the Tazer DT since Cruise is disabled and Tazer DT menus are inaccessible. I REALLY need v18.0.1!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious as well mine came with. 01 and I couldn't even get it married. Every time I went to select it would jump to next function. I downloaded .03 and it worked per directions.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: I posted on Z-Automotive's FB Group and got the 18.0.1 firmware sent to me. Those guys are awesome. So I guess I was the unlucky one that discovered the fact that Line Lock will attempt to engage when the engine is off if mapped to one of the Cruise keys. Oops. This is an unforeseen anomaly. Unfortunately that sets off the "Service Electronic Stability Control" message and faults one of the control units to a state that WILL NOT clear with a CEL reset using a scanner. With this fault present, Cruise can't be engaged and therefore the Tazer DT can't be used to do a "Full Reboot" which resets all the CPUs on the truck. I downgraded to version 18.0.1 firmware which allowed me to get to the menus and do the full reset. After that, Z-Auto had me long press the Traction Control button to fully disable ESC/Traction Control then turn OFF the truck. After I restarted all ESC errors where gone. My CEL was still on and I used the Torque App with my handy $10 OBD2 Bluetooth adapter to clear it. Now I'm back to normal.

I've done some reading and these trucks, especially the 4WD models, have a complex ESC system that requires a service person to reset certain specific ESC conditions due to the firewall module that isolates the controls. Fortunately, the Tazer DT has the ability to reset ESC also since it replaces the firewall module....except that the ESC faults lock out the cruise button which is needed in Tazer DT v18.0.3 to perform the reset. I suspect Z-Auto will create a "backdoor" full reset by long pressimg a button in a future firmware release. In the meantime, don't enable Line Lock without the engine running and in Drive (with Start/Stop Off on Etorque trucks).

I'm a happy Z-Auto customer! They were very responsive.

jjm2019

Reaction score
Question I saw in another post. One member wants to turn off the door chime. He says it continues to chime when the door is open if you are cleaning out the truck or working on it. You know how it's nice to hear the music well working on your truck with the door open without the annoying time. Is it possible for the taser to deactivate the door chime? Does anyone know?
I turned mine off, there is a YouTube Video on it. Very simple..

IowaRam

Reaction score
I have read through all 38 pages, and I don't believe these questions have been answered. Hoping some others may have some insight.

1) If you have Parksense Front and Rear Park Assist w/ Stop- will activating "Set Blind Spot" allow you to have the blind spot message and beep work? I do not have the mirrors with blind spot indicators, so obviously no mirror alert, but wondering if center display and beep will work.

2) What options are others seeing in the DRL location? I am only seeing "off" "turns" and "low beams"? Also, what does Canada vs. USA indicate?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have read through all 38 pages, and I don't believe these questions have been answered. Hoping some others may have some insight.

1) If you have Parksense Front and Rear Park Assist w/ Stop- will activating "Set Blind Spot" allow you to have the blind spot message and beep work? I do not have the mirrors with blind spot indicators, so obviously no mirror alert, but wondering if center display and beep will work.

2) What options are others seeing in the DRL location? I am only seeing "off" "turns" and "low beams"? Also, what does Canada vs. USA indicate?

Thank you in advance for any insight.
1- No. You don't have the part that monitors Blind Spot. (Tail light)

2-
Off = Off.
Turn = Amber turn signals are on all the time and used as DRLs.
Low beam = turns on halo + low beam as DRLs.
US = DRLs aren't mandatory.
Canada = DRLs are mandatory.
I think on "Canada" you can't turn your DRLs off.

IowaRam

Reaction score
1- No. You don't have the part that monitors Blind Spot. (Tail light)

2-
Off = Off.
Turn = Amber turn signals are on all the time and used as DRLs.
Low beam = turns on halo + low beam as DRLs.
US = DRLs aren't mandatory.
Canada = DRLs are mandatory.
I think on "Canada" you can't turn your DRLs off.
Thank you. I appreciate your response, that helps!

x001100

Reaction score
GROUP UPDATE : I have 14 definite that responded, 3 waiting for response and 3 open spots.
I want to submit this afternoon so if interested please respond.
Thanks
Any Slots still open? Last name Polenchar

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only issue I have is some times the Tazer will not go to sleep mode and if the truck is not driven for a couple of days when it does you find a dead battery when you try and take of. ): Very annoying! The one on the Scat Pack Charger is two years old and no issues what so ever! :)

I have this problem now with the Tazer not going to sleep mode. Is there any fix or a setting that causes this? Dead battery 3 times.....

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious as well mine came with. 01 and I couldn't even get it married. Every time I went to select it would jump to next function. I downloaded .03 and it worked per directions.
Mine won't marry in .01 and .03 I cant even open the menu at all. I've been emailing them back and forth all day.

18.0.1 I can select marry and it blinks the lights and starts the reboot countdown and then nothing. It's still unmarried.

in 18.0.3 The menu doesnt even come up. howver a menu is under right plus resume with all the light shows and line lock, rock crawl, winch mode and "no function". this doesn't exist in 18.0.1. and it comes up without cruise on or off or engine on or off. its bizarre.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got mine to marry on 18.0.1 base flash. 18.0.3 just doesnt work. Bizzare. some shortcuts work. Main menu doesnt exist.

Got everything setup and happy and woke up to a dead battery this morning.

Off to a great start.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some info what its capable of :

Settings – once the Tazer is “married” to the Ram, the following menus can be accessed. Unmarrying the Tazer DT will bring the settings back to stock.
Perf menu:
Adjust for alternate tire sizes up to 41″
Adjust for alternate axle gear ratios
Adjust for an alternate transfer case LO range ratio
TPMS menu:
Disable the TPMS system if desired
Change front/rear TPMS warning PSI limit
Radio menu:
Disable Backup camera
Enable Cargo/front/undercarriage Camera input
Enable CD audio input
Disable TravelLink (weather warnings included)
Lighting Menu:
Change DRL location
Disable DRL Dropout
Enable Fog lamp output
Disable Fog lamp dropout
Disable one-touch lane change
Disable Halo’s
Set LED 3rd brake light type
Set LED Fog light type
Set LED tail lamp type
Set LED front turn signal type
Set Trailer Tow output for use with Mopar kit
Other menu:
Disable/Enable Front and Rear Lockers (for axle swap on Powerwagon)
Enable Aux switch settings on the radio
Enable Blind spot detection (sensors required)
Change cluster splash screen to various Ram models
Enable/Disable PANIC button on remote
Live features:
Light shows: Can be accessed from the key fob or from the on-screen menu. 6 pre-set light shows and 3 make-your-own shows included. Set from the factory to only operate when parked, but can be unlocked for off-road, parade, and emergency personnel use.
Automatic Power folding mirrors – mirrors fold and extend when the ignition is turned on/off
Control front windows up/down from keyfob
Disable Navigation in-motion lockout – enter addresses while the vehicle is moving
Disable camera lockout – use the backup camera and/or added cargo/front/undercarriage camera at any speed for any length of time
Auto Traction Kill – remembers the last state of traction control and will set it on start-up
Auto StopStart Disable – remembers the last state of ESS system and will set it on start-up
Auto Tow Mode – remembers the last state of Tow mode and will set it on start-up
TurnCAM – can turn on backup camera whenever turn signals are used
0-30 and 0-60 timers
Cooldown mode – run engine fans when Ram is off, to aid in cooldown
Winch mode – raise engine idle to 2000 RPM while winching or jumping another vehicle
Line Lock: Can lock front brakes for an easy burnout
Rock Crawl: Can lock all four brakes by pressing steering wheel buttons to hold the vehicle still, especially helpful when off-road.
Button Mapping: Use cruise up, down and right buttons as quick-access to some of Tazer DT’s functions, when cruise control is off
Clear Check engine light
Free USB updates – certainly more to come!

sorry i dont know what any of those terms meano_O...never heard of them :unsure:!

Roaminglost

Reaction score
I have a Tazer DT on its way. How do I know which version is loaded on it? Should I be worried if I have a 2020 Rebel?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Tazer DT on its way. How do I know which version is loaded on it? Should I be worried if I have a 2020 Rebel?
Whatever it comes with, as soon as you get it you plug into your computer and you update it to the latest software.
After the update, if you have any problems, then you will go ahead and downgrade it.

2020GCM

Reaction score
W

When you go into the set-up screen on your truck, it will tell you what version. I would bet that all units shipping now are at 18.03
I received mine on Monday and it came with 18.0.1 and worked so I don't plan on going to 18.0.3. I only wanted to use features that don't require it be connected all the time so I removed it after I was done, I don't need a dead battery, lol

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I received mine on Monday and it came with 18.0.1 and worked so I don't plan on going to 18.0.3. I only wanted to use features that don't require it be connected all the time so I removed it after I was done, I don't need a dead battery, lol
Why do you think your battery will be dead?

Users who are viewing this thread