5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Wheeler

Reaction score
Had one on my challenger never run into any issue.
Almost trouble free 8000 miles on Ram

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been pondering this but too many people having issues.
Curious. Is anyone not having problems with this product?

I'm not any longer and use quite a few of the features. -- remember, this particular device "replaces" the Security Module underneath the driver side dash, so it may take a time or two to get it going. I'm sure the Techies will get a better update for it.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only issue I have is some times the Tazer will not go to sleep mode and if the truck is not driven for a couple of days when it does you find a dead battery when you try and take of. ): Very annoying! The one on the Scat Pack Charger is two years old and no issues what so ever! :)

RSConsulting

Reaction score
No issues aside from the manual sucking, and some "advertised features" not working as advertised.

Figured it out for the most part - it does what I wanted it to do. Looking forward to them adding more features to it, if the device has enough memory to accommodate.

Rick

Btdpi007

Reaction score
I've had the Tazer DT for about two months. Overall, I am glad I purchased but have had some issues which were communicated to Z Automotive. Firstly, I do not know if this has anything to do with the Tazer DT but I have received an error code of "Service Stability Control" every 15 or so startup. After turning off the truck and restarting it shows no errors and retains no codes. Next time I am at the dealer I will have them look at it, but coincidental or not this started about the time I installed the Tazer DT. Secondly, I had the turn on back camera with turn signals option. This made using CarPlay almost unusable as every time the turn signals were turned on and subsequently off, it would "turn-off" CarPlay. This was communicated to Z Automotive and they identified as a known issue. They had not heard or witnessed the error code described above. Other than this,I have been satisfied.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I use this to disable the lights when I unlock or open the door?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which lights? Headlights? that is in your owner's manual .. don't need the DT Taser for that.
Park lights still flash for me, but I like that setting myself.

Wheeler

Reaction score
That can be controlled from u connect settings
Tazer have dark mode that will turn of every single light including interior and dash.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to sell a tazer?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Omlifecrew

Reaction score
If you buy used do you get the same support? Do you need to have it reprogrammed by Tazer?

Wheeler

Reaction score
As long as it unmarried from previous truck before taking off. It is good as new.

Users who are viewing this thread