5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will the Tazer be able to change the white LED outline on my headlights (Longhorn) to Amber full-time, instead of white?

About the only other things I would use this for would be the autofolding mirrors and maybe the Nav in motion.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will the Tazer be able to change the white LED outline on my headlights (Longhorn) to Amber full-time, instead of white?

About the only other things I would use this for would be the autofolding mirrors and maybe the Nav in motion.

Yes, you can make the Amber blinkers the DRL.

I love the auto folding and also use the Nav in motion all of the time as well as the surround or rear camera in motion.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, you can make the Amber blinkers the DRL.

I love the auto folding and also use the Nav in motion all of the time as well as the surround or rear camera in motion.
I'm waiting for mine to come, how easy or cumbersome is it to enable Nav in motion while driving if possible. My last car, the device I had I just had hit the end call button twice. I heard some functions/features are lost when nav in motion is enabled, do you know what they are? Thx...

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm waiting for mine to come, how easy or cumbersome is it to enable Nav in motion while driving if possible. My last car, the device I had I just had hit the end call button twice. I heard some functions/features are lost when nav in motion is enabled, do you know what they are? Thx...

I didn't lose any features while nav in motion is on. It stays set once you set it up and you don't have to do anything with it after that. The only feature that caused a conflict was the rear camera on with blinker which was meant for the 8.4 inch screen and not on the 360 surround camera 12" setup.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't lose any features while nav in motion is on. It stays set once you set it up and you don't have to do anything with it after that. The only feature that caused a conflict was the rear camera on with blinker which was meant for the 8.4 inch screen and not on the 360 surround camera 12" setup.
Thx for the info, do you have nav or use Waze with android auto or car play? If so does it still show speed in nav/waze and does map still update? I know in past units I have used they trick the car to think your at a stop to enable Nav in motion which would interrupt some nav features.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thx for the info, do you have nav or use Waze with android auto or car play? If so does it still show speed in nav/waze and does map still update? I know in past units I have used they trick the car to think your at a stop to enable Nav in motion which would interrupt some nav features.

I use the regular Navigation and sometimes Apple Car Play. Never used Waze and I don't remember seeing speed displayed in Carplay. Speed is displayed in the Nav

Twoamen

Reaction score
Does the Tazer DT lock in settings into memory, after you set Nav in motion, then unplug Tazer DT reinstalling trucks security module.
So the settings stay memory resident? Or does the device have to stay plugged in to keep existing changes?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Does the Tazer DT lock in settings into memory, after you set Nav in motion, then unplug Tazer DT reinstalling trucks security module.
So the settings stay memory resident? Or does the device have to stay plugged in to keep existing changes?
Some of the features are permanent and some of the features are "Live Features " which means you need to have the device plugged in for them to work.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in a real bind. The Tazer DT support page only has firmware 18.0.3 available for download. I need version 18.0.1 really bad. Does anyone have the file they can email to me? Should be something like "Tazerdt-18_0_1.tfw". Thanks!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in a real bind. The Tazer DT support page only has firmware 18.0.3 available for download. I need version 18.0.1 really bad. Does anyone have the file they can email to me? Should be something like "Tazerdt-18_0_1.tfw". Thanks!
Why do you need that, is there a problem with the 03 version?

Users who are viewing this thread