5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And I cant seem to locate that section to program it.
to access DRL settings get in truck - close door - keep your foot off of the brake and press the start button 2 times to turn truck on but not STARTED. Then with the up and down buttons on the left of steering wheel press down until you see "AUDIO" at the top of your EVIC (Dash screen) . **NEXT STEP IS IMPORTANT AND IS NOT STATED IN THE MANUAL.. *on the right side of steering wheel Press the center button once to turn on cruise control ... then press and HOLD the left arrow on the left side of steering and tap the "cruise CANCEL" button on the right side of steering wheel 1 time and you will be in the TAZER DT main menu on your dash. Press and hold the left arrow and tap the cruise cancel button until you get to the "Perf"" menu the press and hold the Left arrow on left side of steering wheel and tap the right "RES" button on the right side of steering wheel. Then hold left and tap cancel until you get to the "Lighting" menu the press and hold left and tap RES button to scroll through lighting options

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Awesome I will try that, thank you. I see you stated "close door"- I had the door open, wonder if that complicated my effort???

EXQQQME

Reaction score
to access DRL settings get in truck - close door - keep your foot off of the brake and press the start button 2 times to turn truck on but not STARTED. Then with the up and down buttons on the left of steering wheel press down until you see "AUDIO" at the top of your EVIC (Dash screen) . **NEXT STEP IS IMPORTANT AND IS NOT STATED IN THE MANUAL.. *on the right side of steering wheel Press the center button once to turn on cruise control ... then press and HOLD the left arrow on the left side of steering and tap the "cruise CANCEL" button on the right side of steering wheel 1 time and you will be in the TAZER DT main menu on your dash. Press and hold the left arrow and tap the cruise cancel button until you get to the "Perf"" menu the press and hold the Left arrow on left side of steering wheel and tap the right "RES" button on the right side of steering wheel. Then hold left and tap cancel until you get to the "Lighting" menu the press and hold left and tap RES button to scroll through lighting options

Wonder why the cargo lights are not in the list of lights for the "light show"???

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wonder why the cargo lights are not in the list of lights for the "light show"???
no clue. I replaced my cargo bulbs with really bright LEDs and they interfere with the "Dazzle" of the light show. but then I personally don't care for the light show. The few people I have shown it too all react the same way... They think it looks like a cop car... Meh

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Yeah I can see them saying that. I slow mine way down so they dont quite have that effect and without the headlight wig wag.
Yep got my led cargo lights switched last week, much much better

EXQQQME

Reaction score

Great instructions, thank you. Got it!!

Lize

Reaction score
3)so, I buy the Tazer, install the cargo cam, and enable it, does ZAutomotive have a video wiring harness that you plug the cargo cam into, and that interfaces with the 12" UConnect?
I know that there are various interconnect cables sold on the ZAuto site, but honestly, unless I'm not reading/understanding something, I can't see a conclusive answer on the website.

If anyone can chime in and help me with the questions, it'll help me make an informed decision towards whether or not I buy a Tazer. All help will be greatly appreciated.
I’m interested in the same, I was thinking a front camera would be useful when in tight spots to get really close.

Bleepers work OK and I go closer when screaming and red, I can judge front middle one but not confident in ignoring front corner ones for too long.

Likely I’ll give up on the idea.

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Nice! If you run into any issues when installing it give me a shout. Make sure to update the firmware for Tazer by downloading the current Physically plugging in the unit to the OBD II is simple. I

I know this reply is a few weeks late but I have my DRL set to Solid amber turn signals. The white DRL LEDs on the ram are so dim they are barely noticeable. I like the amber look. Bright and the only Ram on the road in the area that has it. :)
I love this Tazer!!! However I cant get my DRL set to the "amber" for some reason.
What do I need to turn off to stop the "ECO" mode??

JP-Limited

Reaction score
Nice! If you run into any issues when installing it give me a shout. Make sure to update the firmware for Tazer by downloading the current Physically plugging in the unit to the OBD II is simple. I

I know this reply is a few weeks late but I have my DRL set to Solid amber turn signals. The white DRL LEDs on the ram are so dim they are barely noticeable. I like the amber look. Bright and the only Ram on the road in the area that has it. :)

I’d like to see how this looks, can you post a pic of the amber DRLs? Agreed that the white DRLs are way too dim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Rebel

Reaction score
I love this Tazer!!! However I cant get my DRL set to the "amber" for some reason.
What do I need to turn off to stop the "ECO" mode??

I’m in the same predicament as you. I can’t get the DRL set to amber. Have had the tazer over a month now. As far as I know there is no feature in the tazer to turn off eco mode/MDS

EXQQQME

Reaction score
I’m in the same predicament as you. I can’t get the DRL set to amber. Have had the tazer over a month now. As far as I know there is no feature in the tazer to turn off eco mode/MDS
Last night I messaged ZAutomotive advising that I couldn't get the amber to be my drl's. He didn't understand why but was going to be looking into it. I asked if the could fix this in the next firmware update, he seemed to believe so. I also asked him to add the cargo lights into the list for the light show as many of us are change to cargo bulbs to the much brighter leds

B-Rebel

Reaction score
Last night I messaged ZAutomotive advising that I couldn't get the amber to be my drl's. He didn't understand why but was going to be looking into it. I asked if the could fix this in the next firmware update, he seemed to believe so. I also asked him to add the cargo lights into the list for the light show as many of us are change to cargo bulbs to the much brighter leds
What’s your trim? I have a rebel and wonder if it’s related

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a future firmware update that disables the truck's auto parking brake when the driver side door is opened. I'm so annoyed with Ram for doing this with its trucks

JPLomax

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a future firmware update that disables the truck's auto parking brake when the driver side door is opened. I'm so annoyed with Ram for doing this with its trucks

Why do you not just disable it completely in settings under Brakes on the Uconnect screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

You have the ability to disable it now without a Tazer through the touchscreen vehicle settings

@JPLomax ...looks like we posted at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread