5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

EXQQQME

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a future firmware update that disables the truck's auto parking brake when the driver side door is opened. I'm so annoyed with Ram for doing this with its trucks
Lol, I just experienced that today- AGAIN!! What a pain!!

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Lol, I just experienced that today- AGAIN!! What a pain!!
That's a great add for the police so that they can bail out to run down the criminals without having to worry about getting stopped and putting their patrol car in park. Lol

JPLomax

Reaction score
Why do you not just disable it completely in settings under Brakes on the Uconnect screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or just wear your seat belt before starting the truck and you’ll never know it’s even operating.

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Or just wear your seat belt before starting the truck and you’ll never know it’s even operating.

It wasn't a seat belt matter at all. It was a matter of opening the door to look back at like the back wheel. But thanks for the smarta#$ comment even though you didn't read it correctly

Last edited:

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
I just finished reading through all 31 pages and I don't remember seeing this but figured I would ask. Can this be used to enable the trailer brake controller like alphaobd can?

B-Rebel

Reaction score
I love this Tazer!!! However I cant get my DRL set to the "amber" for some reason.
What do I need to turn off to stop the "ECO" mode??

I was having the same issue and just realized what the issue was today.

You have to go into your Uconnect settings and enable your daytime running lights. Mine were not enabled and now I’m able to change the location

coolblue24

Reaction score
Got my Tazer DT today. 2019 Ram Sport. I cannot get it to work. I install it as described in the instructions. I press and hold the left arrow and tap the cancel and nothing happens on the screen. It is on the audio screen. Can anyone help? I have cycled several times, uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What version firmware is it running? The update requires a different method to get it to operate. You can download the updated instructions on their website.

coolblue24

Reaction score
What version firmware is it running? The update requires a different method to get it to operate. You can download the updated instructions on their website.

I assume Firmware 18.0.3. Same instruction in the box as on the website.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
interested in this, since I need one of these things now. Seems like I’ve seen a few issues with people struggling to get them setup.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Don't assume firmware, and don't assume paper instructions match device firmware. It is a bit tricky but 1) company is responsive and trying to improve the device and 2) FCA did not make obd security easy to work with on the DT.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Got my Tazer DT today. 2019 Ram Sport. I cannot get it to work. I install it as described in the instructions. I press and hold the left arrow and tap the cancel and nothing happens on the screen. It is on the audio screen. Can anyone help? I have cycled several times, uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

Keep us posted.

JPLomax

Reaction score
Not that I am aware in its current configuration

It has the ability to enable and disable the tow package. I am not sure if that includes the enabling of the brake controller or not.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
It has the ability to enable and disable the tow package. I am not sure if that includes the enabling of the brake controller or not.

What I discovered is that the tazer acts as a gateway bypass for the Obd port. So using a standard Obd reader and the alpha Obd app I was able to enable it. There are so many other settings hidden in our computers like Trac pack mode, and masseratti mode. Not sure what they do and I am not brave enough to be the first to try lol.

Badic

Reaction score
I use the following:

- Fogs on with High Beams
- Retentive Start/Stop, Tow
- 0-60 ET on display
- Front Brake lock for burnouts :)
- Assignable functions to buttons
- 360 view/cameras while driving. I use the Assignable RES button for quick access. Great for seeing curbs/cars driving fwd while parking.
- Custom Light Show. All lights on, no flashing. I use this to light up an area at night while the truck is parked. Works remotely via FOB.
How did you set the all lights on light show and how did you program it to the fob? I really need to set this up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So quick question... Does removing this before taking it to dealer leave any trace? Even a little hint?

Thanks,

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
So quick question... Does removing this before taking it to dealer leave any trace? Even a little hint?

Thanks,
I don't believe so as long as you unmarry it. It restores the data it originally backed up while marrying. Anyone else know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread