5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You see no value in the auto folding mirrors???

Not for me personally, I don’t park anywhere that it’s a concern. I also don’t think rolling down windows with 5 unlocks works very well. I haven’t looked but can I change the button sequence?

I also can’t understand why this wouldn’t be a priority of theirs considering nobody has been able to disable it yet unless the sales potential is greater for new model year compatibility.
Or, remembering last known settings... complete disable of traction control... I could go on...

I didn’t say there was no value for some but for me there isn’t much value besides the speedo. Again if they can disable MDS I’m the biggest fan

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't see any value in the other features.
I use the following:

- Fogs on with High Beams
- Retentive Start/Stop, Tow
- 0-60 ET on display
- Front Brake lock for burnouts :)
- Assignable functions to buttons
- 360 view/cameras while driving. I use the Assignable RES button for quick access. Great for seeing curbs/cars driving fwd while parking.
- Custom Light Show. All lights on, no flashing. I use this to light up an area at night while the truck is parked. Works remotely via FOB.

MLB12

Reaction score
So maybe what I should do is ask my questions of Forum members who already have the Tazer, so here goes;
1)for the auto folding-unfolding mirrors, do you still retain the ability to manually control them?
2)one of the features advertised is to be able to enable the various cameras, tailgate, cargo cam, and the like, so if I buy an install the cargo cam that is available as an option on the new heavy duty trucks, does the 'button' to enable it show up on the 12" UConnect screen as a soft touch button, or do you have to use some other, repurposed hard button?
3)so, I buy the Tazer, install the cargo cam, and enable it, does ZAutomotive have a video wiring harness that you plug the cargo cam into, and that interfaces with the 12" UConnect?
I know that there are various interconnect cables sold on the ZAuto site, but honestly, unless I'm not reading/understanding something, I can't see a conclusive answer on the website.

If anyone can chime in and help me with the questions, it'll help me make an informed decision towards whether or not I buy a Tazer. All help will be greatly appreciated.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the following:

- Fogs on with High Beams
- Retentive Start/Stop, Tow
- 0-60 ET on display
- Front Brake lock for burnouts :)
- Assignable functions to buttons
- 360 view/cameras while driving. I use the Assignable RES button for quick access. Great for seeing curbs/cars driving fwd while parking.
- Custom Light Show. All lights on, no flashing. I use this to light up an area at night while the truck is parked. Works remotely via FOB.

Thanks, good info

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the following.
1. Fogs on with High beams
2. Nav keyboard in Motion
3. 360 Cameras selectable on with no timeout
4. DRL are Amber blinker bars
5. Window roll down with 5 unlock pushes before remote start

I am still working on a custom light show and how the programming function works. Only looked at it once and would like something like ExcursionDiesel listed above.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Menus no longer accessible at all on dash screen. Any suggestions?
Apparently basic operation has changed. If you upgrade firmware, be sure to relearn keystrokes. Ie cruise now has to be ON. Not sure how that will affect mapped buttons while driving.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apparently basic operation has changed. If you upgrade firmware, be sure to relearn keystrokes. Ie cruise now has to be ON. Not sure how that will affect mapped buttons while driving.
Mapped buttons don't work with cruise on. Same as before.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to change the location of the DRL? I’ve been able to get every other setting to work but the location of the daytime running light won’t seem to change no matter what setting I have it on.
I have. I have mine set to display the solid amber turn signals as my DRL

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So maybe what I should do is ask my questions of Forum members who already have the Tazer, so here goes;
1)for the auto folding-unfolding mirrors, do you still retain the ability to manually control them?
2)one of the features advertised is to be able to enable the various cameras, tailgate, cargo cam, and the like, so if I buy an install the cargo cam that is available as an option on the new heavy duty trucks, does the 'button' to enable it show up on the 12" UConnect screen as a soft touch button, or do you have to use some other, repurposed hard button?
3)so, I buy the Tazer, install the cargo cam, and enable it, does ZAutomotive have a video wiring harness that you plug the cargo cam into, and that interfaces with the 12" UConnect?
I know that there are various interconnect cables sold on the ZAuto site, but honestly, unless I'm not reading/understanding something, I can't see a conclusive answer on the website.

If anyone can chime in and help me with the questions, it'll help me make an informed decision towards whether or not I buy a Tazer. All help will be greatly appreciated.
As for your first question. I ended up disabling the auto-fold feature because my passenger side mirror would get stuck in its folded position and only my driver side mirror would retract upon start-up. extremely annoying. One thing I experienced with the auto fold feature was at night there were times when I wanted to use the led puddle lights and it just became more of a hassle. My Favorite feature of the Tazer DT is the rear back-up camera coming on when using turn signals. Hands down the best feature IMO

MLB12

Reaction score
Great!

Thanks very much. This is the kind of information that I'm looking for, that based on practical experience. Now all I need is information referencing the balance of the questions.
Anyone??

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Great!

Thanks very much. This is the kind of information that I'm looking for, that based on practical experience. Now all I need is information referencing the balance of the questions.
Anyone??

I ordered one also. It should be here Thurs, I cant wait!!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered one also. It should be here Thurs, I cant wait!!
Nice! If you run into any issues when installing it give me a shout. Make sure to update the firmware for Tazer by downloading the current Physically plugging in the unit to the OBD II is simple. I
Has anyone been able to change the location of the DRL? I’ve been able to get every other setting to work but the location of the daytime running light won’t seem to change no matter what setting I have it on.
I know this reply is a few weeks late but I have my DRL set to Solid amber turn signals. The white DRL LEDs on the ram are so dim they are barely noticeable. I like the amber look. Bright and the only Ram on the road in the area that has it. :)

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Nice! If you run into any issues when installing it give me a shout. Make sure to update the firmware for Tazer by downloading the current Physically plugging in the unit to the OBD II is simple. I

I know this reply is a few weeks late but I have my DRL set to Solid amber turn signals. The white DRL LEDs on the ram are so dim they are barely noticeable. I like the amber look. Bright and the only Ram on the road in the area that has it. :)

Okay I've got mine all up dated & the light shows ready. Where do I go to get to the advanced setting like changing the DRL's??

Users who are viewing this thread