5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So quick question... Does removing this before taking it to dealer leave any trace? Even a little hint?

Thanks,
ZERO and you don't even have to unmarry it. I just pulled it out...got my RAM TSB update done...plugged t back in like nothing ever happened.

coolblue24

Reaction score
I had to format the tazer. I tried using my Mac but it wouldn’t work. Switched to the windows app and seemed to take it. I will be testing it later today when the truck gets back from getting tinted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my Tazer DT today. 2019 Ram Sport. I cannot get it to work. I install it as described in the instructions. I press and hold the left arrow and tap the cancel and nothing happens on the screen. It is on the audio screen. Can anyone help? I have cycled several times, uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
make sure cruise control is "on"

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Is there any way to update the Tazer without windows or mac computers? I only have a chromebook.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the Tazer stop functioning? It has been working fine then all of a sudden today my start stop kept disabling itself. Suspecting I might have accidentally checked off that setting in the tazer I hit the normal button combo with cruise on and in audio mode and...... Nothing I don't get any menus.

Dustytrader

Reaction score
Ive read through tons of pages here and still looking for an answer that many have asked. Can the MDS be disabled by using the Tazer DT or can the Eco Mode be turned off preventing the MDS from activating. I've heard from some that it can, but not sure if that is just talk. Can someone please answer this question? I hate the MDS and want it shut off...I'm aware of how to manually do it each time but woul dlike a permanent fix. Thanks

shaveman

Reaction score
Ive read through tons of pages here and still looking for an answer that many have asked. Can the MDS be disabled by using the Tazer DT or can the Eco Mode be turned off preventing the MDS from activating. I've heard from some that it can, but not sure if that is just talk. Can someone please answer this question? I hate the MDS and want it shut off...I'm aware of how to manually do it each time but woul dlike a permanent fix. Thanks
No, it can't disable MDS or turn off Eco Mode.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just for clarification, there really isn’t an “eco mode” it’s just the MDS.

To my knowledge, the only way to really shut it off is with the Diablo tuner. You need an actual hard write to the pcm to flash it off, not just a BCM or piggyback module.

Dustytrader

Reaction score

To my knowledge, the only way to really shut it off is with the Diablo tuner. You need an actual hard write to the pcm to flash it off, not just a BCM or piggyback module.
Good to know. I called my dealership yesterday just to pick their brain and see what they are "allowed" to do. They said they can't disable it and if I use a tuner to do it... it will void my warranty. I asked about the Tazer to readjust my tire pressures and they said that should be fine and shouldn't affect the warranty. They stated they cannot change the TPMS settings at the dealership. Oh well, I'll get the Tazer and just continue to manually shut off the MDS using the shifting method

Dustytrader

Reaction score

So I just looked at the Tazer DT again and see this function:
AutoTow – can automatically enable Tow mode if it was on when the truck was last used

Since Tow mode disables the MDS, I wonder if this function would work so I don't have to manually use the shifter button to disable it. I kind of like tow mode as the shifting points are lower..it's kind of like performance mode. Thoughts? Has anyone tried this that has one installed?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
What's the best price you all have seen this go for?
Any group buys?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
That should work
Let me take this a step further. Assuming the Tazer works with the Tow/Haul mode set to On all the time, will it also work with the Pedal Commander as well? Can all these "toys" live in harmony together? Because like @Neurobit I've already dropped the $$ equivalent of a used Hyundai on this truck, so what's another $300 if I can enable tow/haul mode full-time while disabling MDS full-time, while having instant gratification from my accelerator!! It'll make my Hemi very very happy!!!

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know anything about pedal commanders, but I’m going to take an educated guess and say yes. I’m sure someone will chime in who has both.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, I just experienced that today- AGAIN!! What a pain!!

Happened to me trying to back up some ramps - not the sound you want to hear for sure; turned out, you can roll with the door open so long as the seat belt is buckled (so I just leave it buckled in when I'm wrenching or launching)

Mine just a week ago was 18.0.1

Mine still is, even using the zauto updater - anyone else's Tazer not updating to 18.0.3?

What's the best price you all have seen this go for?
Any group buys?

The last group buy was $50 off - but that was off $350 list price

I don’t know anything about pedal commanders, but I’m going to take an educated guess and say yes. I’m sure someone will chime in who has both.
and
will it also work with the Pedal Commander as well? Can all these "toys" live in harmony together?

That's a yes - it'll work - I've posted a table of compatibility once before (I think the old GB) thread, but now given the 18.0.3 update, you can run the Pulsar/Tazer/PCommander all on the same truck. The Pulsar works at ECU level, the Tazer at SGW level and PCommander simulates the throttle sensor

Users who are viewing this thread