5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Halogen Light assembly for LED assembly?

Jmsmith716

Reaction score
Here it is everyone. The wiring adapter for the led headlights. It’s expensive and so are the headlights.
Do they make the aftermarket headlights yet?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is everyone. The wiring adapter for the led headlights. It’s expensive and so are the headlights.
I wonder, does Mopar make an OEM version of this, that should come with their LED headlights? Or is it available for purchase separately if you get a hold of the lights?

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
I wonder, does Mopar make an OEM version of this, that should come with their LED headlights? Or is it available for purchase separately if you get a hold of the lights?
I work in the auto industry. I was talking to one of the dealers and they said there is no adaptor. Because the wiring harness is just different from the halogen to the led.

dsn112

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat, I ordered the rebel black housing LEDs and the above mentioned harness. The halogens are so horrible so It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat, I ordered the rebel black housing LEDs and the above mentioned harness. The halogens are so horrible so It is what it is.

How much did those assemblies cost? Bet it was a pretty big lump of change.

Jmsmith716

Reaction score
I work in the auto industry. I was talking to one of the dealers and they said there is no adaptor. Because the wiring harness is just different from the halogen to the led.
$1100?! Your nuts

$1100 for headlights?! Your nuts, I ordered led headlight and fog bulbs from Headlight Revolution for $300 and they’re insanely bright.

dsn112

Reaction score
$1100?! Your nuts

$1100 for headlights?! Your nuts, I ordered led headlight and fog bulbs from Headlight Revolution for $300 and they’re insanely bright.

Insanely bright coming out of a hideous halogen assembly that makes a brand new 2019 truck look like its 10 years old. Not to mention that making your lights insanely bright doesn't make them better. Morimoto stroke 2 lights are the best halogen LED replacement and only like $120 so you can solve the problem of poor light output for cheap. I much prefer to change the look of the entire front end of my truck, and make it look like the modern truck that it is with LED running lights, projectors, and turn signals. I'd rather do it right or not do it at all.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Insanely bright coming out of a hideous halogen assembly that makes a brand new 2019 truck look like its 10 years old. Not to mention that making your lights insanely bright doesn't make them better. Morimoto stroke 2 lights are the best halogen LED replacement and only like $120 so you can solve the problem of poor light output for cheap. I much prefer to change the look of the entire front end of my truck, and make it look like the modern truck that it is with LED running lights, projectors, and turn signals. I'd rather do it right or not do it at all.
To get the LEDs on the Bighorn you need the Level 2 package also. $3000+ for both. I understand both the $$ and the LED look. Sometimes you just have to write off the dollars to get the truck, function and look you want.
I have spent a few dollars on tools. Never regretted buying a good tool and spending the $$ to get the tool I wanted. Still remember the Sear's belt sander I bought trying to save a buck and it broke down twice in the middle of a project 40 years ago.

dsn112

Reaction score
To get the LEDs on the Bighorn you need the Level 2 package also. $3000+ for both. I understand both the $$ and the LED look. Sometimes you just have to write off the dollars to get the truck, function and look you want.
I have spent a few dollars on tools. Never regretted buying a good tool and spending the $$ to get the tool I wanted. Still remember the Sear's belt sander I bought trying to save a buck and it broke down twice in the middle of a project 40 years ago.

It is what it is. I have level two, but the deal on the table was this demo truck, so it was this and save a ton, or order it with the leds and pay more than a grand more.

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
I ordered my truck with the level two package but never noticed it didn’t have the led package. Yay for me. But I ended up tinting my headlights and it looks great that way

NorthEdition19

Reaction score
Well I bought a set of led housings(1 broken tab on each light doesn’t affect them) and don’t feel like taking my front end apart if anyone’s interested, just let me know

dsn112

Reaction score
Well I bought a set of led housings(1 broken tab on each light doesn’t affect them) and don’t feel like taking my front end apart if anyone’s interested, just let me know

Which ones are they, send me some info.

Entes001

Reaction score
I might be a little late to the party on suggesting these but... Lasfit has cheaper LED options. I just ordered high/low/ and switchback fogs and i love them. Paid 230 for all three with a promo code.

blownout1500

Reaction score
The headlight revolution bulbs are insanely bright, but you’re right... the OEM LED’s are a way cleaner look. Was planning to paint my halogen assemblies black but I heard there’s some tricky welded plastic to crack open. might just have to save up lol

This is definitely a case of buy once cry once. The retro shop adapter wasn’t available when I bought the headlight revolution bulbs, but I’d advise anyone facing the issue now to just suck it up and buy the factory LED’s/harness.

dsn112

Reaction score
4abf124a68740a2d20840aa735b85312.jpg
15138dd7347f5a2a77b61c94f15ee9f3.jpg
9f8586d224a8dfca6276270742ac8e2d.jpg
797cee538e2b827cd28f56c143c7a97b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread