5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Halogen Light assembly for LED assembly?

DBaron

Reaction score
Not to change subject but I just finished tinting my headlights.
How did you do this? I would like to do that to my truck but maybe a shade lighter. Do your lights still seem bright?

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
YOOO that looks sick! did you go with the air dry one we talked about? What color is that film you went with? Thank you!
Thanks. Yea I had some that I bought awhile ago. I went with the darkest one I believe.

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
How did you do this? I would like to do that to my truck but maybe a shade lighter. Do your lights still seem bright?
It was not easy doing these. With the curve in the lens and the wrap around the fender it makes it quite difficult. Took me about an hour each side to get it as good as I did. I had a crease on each side but it doesn’t bother me. Haven’t driven at night yet but i would recommend the lighter version than mine. I know it’s gonnna be a big difference in light. And since I have the headlight revolution low beams, I’m sure I won’t be blinding everyone anymore

EJanx07

Reaction score
Any updates on the entire LED Headlight Assembly’s being out for sale? I’m not gonna spend hundreds of $ on just bulbs.... My big Horn didn’t come with them, and I don’t really like the way the standard halogen Headlight assemblies look...
Thanks!

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Any updates on the entire LED Headlight Assembly’s being out for sale? I’m not gonna spend hundreds of $ on just bulbs.... My big Horn didn’t come with them, and I don’t really like the way the standard halogen Headlight assemblies look...
Thanks!
Still no swapping of assemblies. You will have to contact retroshop.us or other retro fitting headlight company’s to take your headlight assemblies and “rebuild” them to have a custom look. You can swap out the oem assemblies from RAM if you can figure out how to make a wiring harness to make it work. Other than that you’ll have to retrofit yours which will probably cost a grand or so

EJanx07

Reaction score
Still no swapping of assemblies. You will have to contact retroshop.us or other retro fitting headlight company’s to take your headlight assemblies and “rebuild” them to have a custom look. You can swap out the oem assemblies from RAM if you can figure out how to make a wiring harness to make it work. Other than that you’ll have to retrofit yours which will probably cost a grand or so
Damn.... hopefully a few companies will start advertising some soon. I talked to my dealers, truck accessory shop. He stated OEM has 2 different LED Headlight options. A “bi-something” and normal LED assembly. Price ranged between $600-$800 per Headlight! That’s ridiculous! Sounded like the cheaper of the 2 options would be a plug and play switch, but not for the more expensive “bi-something” assembly. I can’t find any info online, to verify this tho....

davidp

Reaction score
Were you able to reinstall the dust covers? The shop that did mint said he couldn’t and that they’ll be fine without
yes i reinstalled the dust covers..they will go back on..everything fits inside the housing so the dust cover can go back on. i wouldnt leave it without that cover

Last edited:

davidp

Reaction score
yes i reinstalled the dust covers..they will go back on[/QUOTE
So no dust cover but I should drill a hole in the back of the headlight? Wonder if they make an extended dust cover?
So no dust cover but I should drill a hole in the back of the headlight? Wonder if they make an extended dust cover?
you dont have to drill anything if your using the super nova v4 they fit inside the housing just fine and the cover goes back on..now if your installing HID bulbs then yes you would need to drill a hole in the dust cover. Watch the installation video from headlight revolution for the 2019 ram it tells you exactly what to do

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
****.... hopefully a few companies will start advertising some soon. I talked to my dealers, truck accessory shop. He stated OEM has 2 different LED Headlight options. A “bi-something” and normal LED assembly. Price ranged between $600-$800 per Headlight! That’s ridiculous! Sounded like the cheaper of the 2 options would be a plug and play switch, but not for the more expensive “bi-something” assembly. I can’t find any info online, to verify this tho....
The biLED is the RAM limited headlights so those won’t fit anyway.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did it the exact same way they did it on the video. It wasn’t easy but I was able to get everything in and dust cover back on.
@Jmsmith716 me too. Took some time, and had a few aborted attempts where I had to back everything out and reposition the boxes and wires, but it all fit.

Jmsmith716

Reaction score
@Jmsmith716 me too. Took some time, and had a few aborted attempts where I had to back everything out and reposition the boxes and wires, but it all fit.
Thanks! I ended up pulling it into my garage and got the dust covers on. Not sure why the shop said they wouldn’t fit.

dracktw

Reaction score
Im on the same boat
I have the halogen

Thats the
led has One connector only
Halogen 2 connectors on the back
I been asking the dealership around my area but they have no info about.

Screenshot_20190213-225046_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190213-224940_eBay.jpg

kingkasc

Reaction score
My hikari foglight bulbs will be here today.. Any tips or tricks from my fellow Rammer's?

kingkasc

Reaction score
Just add resistors and your good to go.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
I was told I don’t need resistors on fog lights.. do I? And can I buy them locally since my fog leds came today

Hadaway35

Reaction score
I was told I don’t need resistors on fog lights.. do I? And can I buy them locally since my fog leds came today
I needed them when I put them in mine.they worked fine until I started the truck, and then they started to flash and go out until I added the resistors.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Here it is everyone. The wiring adapter for the led headlights. It’s expensive and so are the headlights.

Users who are viewing this thread