5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Halogen Light assembly for LED assembly?

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
That is really odd. If you go to the configurator on Ramtrucks, it lets you add it now. There must have been some issue at the time of your order that you could not add it. The dealer configurator is usually different the the Ramtrucks site.
That is my luck as usual. Lol

Kazoo

Reaction score
Are the headlights and fog lights the same at the 2017?? I have LEDS from my old truck, wondering if I can swap them right in....

Thanks in advance,
Kazoo

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Are the headlights and fog lights the same at the 2017?? I have LEDS from my old truck, wondering if I can swap them right in....

Thanks in advance,
Kazoo
I don’t believe so. My buddy has an 18 and their different than mine.

kingkasc

Reaction score
anyone know whats the bulb number for the orange light when you use the auto start? Thanks.

brianjburns11

Reaction score
I was just thinking of swapping out the Halogens to LED.. went on Headlightrevolution.com and priced the Low, High and Fogs.. seems like a lot of money!

Attachments

• LED lights.JPG
    LED lights.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 168

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just thinking of swapping out the Halogens to LED.. went on Headlightrevolution.com and priced the Low, High and Fogs.. seems like a lot of money!

Yeah there ridiculous. I just bought cheaper ones off Amazon I'll be putting them in this weekend and I'll update to let you know if there any good.

Birdphoto19

Reaction score
$535 for headlights? That’s crazy. I do not see what technological reason for this price - LEDs are fairly mature by now. Just a margin grab.

brianjburns11

Reaction score
$535 for headlights? That’s crazy. I do not see what technological reason for this price - LEDs are fairly mature by now. Just a margin grab.
completely agree.. I can see maybe 2-300 due to the longevity but shoot! almost $600!.. I'll deal with my "marginal" halogens before I blow that kinda cash on headlights..

kingkasc

Reaction score
Can’t we just go on eBay and buy the oem led and sell our halogen?

kingkasc

Reaction score
I was in the same boat that you were in. I got every option on my truck but because it’s a big horn I couldn’t get the LED headlights when I have a crew Cab Long bed, pano roof and premium sound. Can’t even make it on the build your RAM on the website. So I ended up buying led headligt bulbs and switched every bulb in the front end to LED. Big difference and makes it a whole lot better. I will also be lightly tinting my headlights so it gives it that dark look like the LED factory headlights have. That will be done in the next month
Hey did you end up tinting your headlights? I just ordered vvivid air tint smoked film. going to give it a try here soon!

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Hey did you end up tinting your headlights? I just ordered vvivid air tint smoked film. going to give it a try here soon!
That’s what I bought as well. I gave it a quick try (15 minutes) since I had some downtime. I figured I’d try to see how difficult it was. I got like 3/4s of the headlight but I really started struggling I got to the bend where the headlight wraps around the side. I then had to leave so I just ripped it off

Jmsmith716

Reaction score
I got my headlight bulbs from headlightrevolution.com. All I got were the low beam bulbs from them because they are quite pricey but man are they bright.....I mean BRIGHT. pretty sure they are brighter than the stock LED lights from RAM. The high beams and the fog lights I ordered from eBay which both sets were some off brand Cree lights. I believe the color is 6000k. Yes they are expensive but seriously I would do it again if I had to. I also got their reverse light bulbs from headlight revolution which are really nice at night with the backup camera.
Do you know what size the low beam and fog light bulb is?

KRField

Reaction score
That’s what I bought as well. I gave it a quick try (15 minutes) since I had some downtime. I figured I’d try to see how difficult it was. I got like 3/4s of the headlight but I really started struggling I got to the bend where the headlight wraps around the side. I then had to leave so I just ripped it off

Try applying from the fender around. I find it easiest to start closest to the curves then work to the flat spaces. Also working the center out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread