5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surroundview camera

g00fy

Reaction score
I bought the tow mirrors with built in cameras used off eBay, everything else I got through allmoparparts.com I'll go through my order history and copy over all the part numbers in a little bit. Still trying to get my truck to calibrate at the moment.

g00fy

Reaction score
Got it going. Had to manually run the front camera calibration by itself, instead of running the full 4 camera auto calibration.

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_102812.jpg
    IMG_20200905_102812.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 284

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it going. Had to manually run the front camera calibration by itself, instead of running the full 4 camera auto calibration.
We would appreciate it if you share what you bought like you had said. I do want to add the 360 view to my truck. Also the full price if you don’t mind sharing.

g00fy

Reaction score
Here's the list, keep in mind my truck is a 2019 2500 with tow mirrors! Some/many of these parts may be different for the 1500!

Central vision processing module- 4672644AJ
Rear camera- 68417514AA
Driver side mirror- 68361477AC
Door Module, Left - Mopar (68374091AF)
Passenger side mirror- 68361476AC
Door Module, Right - Mopar (68374090AF)
Front camera- 68417514AA
Radiator Grille: 68443251AA (Big Horn Black Grill)
Tailgate Handle: 6RN80GXHAA (Basic Black Handle)
RAM backing plate for front camera- 68459116AA (Fits Big Horn Grill)
Chrome Trim Pieces for Grill - 6NB37SZ0AB
Front camera bracket- 68386821AA
Front camera bezel- 68364534AA
Front camera screws (2)- 68386822AA

All Those parts come out to about $2,500, however i saved a good chunk of money getting the mirrors used off ebay.

Fakra Universal EXTENSION Cable (Choose Length Desired)
Fakra Direct Female to Female Universal Cable (Choose Desired Length)

You also need a custom Harness to give the CVPM power and access to the CANBus, there's a few members on here that can help with that. Hopefully they'll see this and chime in.

Also since you have to get the fancy Tow mirrors to get the side cameras, and you'll have Power convex mirrors with them, i suggest spending the extra $15 on the power convex button so you can take advantage of them.

Mirror Switch - Mopar (52112478AA)

Again though, to work, this button will require a very small inexpensive custom harness that can be made by other forum members.

Hope this helps.

Hermenio Lima

Reaction score
Hi all! I just got a new ram 1500 Limited one week ago. Like many, I discovered that the car does not have the 360-degree cameras but just a rear camera. This is my first truck and I am disappointed with the dealer. Furthermore, I do not have the guts trying to install one system my self. I am wondering if anyone knows a place at the GTA that can do the installation of the cameras and calibration. I am in Burlington, ON, Canada. Toronto and Hamilton's areas are easier for me.
Here are my Ram characteristics:
RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 Engine: 3.0L V6 turbocharged diesel engine. Trailer Tow Group: Trailer tow mirrors and Trailer Brake Control. Limited Level 1 Equipment Package (M1) — Includes Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Forward Collision Warning, LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning Plus, Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist, ventilated rear seat (three adjustment levels each) and premium plus sound system but NOT 360° Surround-View Camera System.
Any suggestion is welcome.

azzx

Reaction score
Here's the list, keep in mind my truck is a 2019 2500 with tow mirrors! Some/many of these parts may be different for the 1500!

Rear camera- 68417514AA
Front camera- 68417514AA

All Those parts come out to about $2,500, however i saved a good chunk of money getting the mirrors used off ebay.

You also need a custom Harness to give the CVPM power and access to the CANBus, there's a few members on here that can help with that. Hopefully they'll see this and chime in.

Also since you have to get the fancy Tow mirrors to get the side cameras, and you'll have Power convex mirrors with them, i suggest spending the extra $15 on the power convex button so you can take advantage of them.

Again though, to work, this button will require a very small inexpensive custom harness that can be made by other forum members.

Hope this helps.
Awesome -- did you get a chance to document any of the procedures? specially powering the CVPM module?
thanks

brstephens

Reaction score

Rear camera- 68417514AA
Front camera- 68417514AA

Hope this helps.

this is great, do you need to have the dealer program anything?

g00fy

Reaction score
Sorry been away on Vacation, these are the following changes i had to make in AlfaOBD to get the system going:

CustSetMenu 3 Rear Cargo Guidance Lights Enable/Disable CSM Present: Yes
That will put the setting in the radio to enable/disable them.
Doors: Mirror Rear Guidance Lights: Yes
They are turned on and off using the cargo lamp switch.

Doors: power convex mirror: Yes

Surround View:

VehConfig 1 rear view camera- no

VehConfig 1 CHMSL camera- no

VehConfig 7 full central vision processing present- yes

VehConfig 8 digital CHMSL camera present/ yes (if using the cargo camera)

ECUConfig 3 rear camera present- no

Radio and connectivity surround view camera on/off soft key present- yes

CustSetMenu 1 rear view camera grid lines CSM present- no

CustSetMenu 1 rear camera CSM present- not present

CustSetMenu 2 rear view camera delay CSM present- no

CustSetMenu 2 surround view camera gridlines CSM present- yes

CustSetMenu 2 surround view camera delay CSM present- yes

CustProgFeatures static gridlines enabled- no

CustProgFeatures dynamic gridlines enabled- no

Lin CustProgFeatures rear view camera static gridlines enabled- disabled

Lin CustProgFeatures rear view camera dynamic gridlines enabled- disabled

Cabin Net CVPM central vision processing present- yes

As for the harness, I had to have a small custom harness built by jimmy07 for my 2500 to tap into power under my driver seat, and get communication wires to the canbus block. I don't know what kind of harness you would need in the true Gen 5 1500's.

Jkcamro67

Reaction score

Rear camera- 68417514AA
Front camera- 68417514AA

Hope this helps.
Anybody know what the wiring needed to add to convex mirror switch is?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know what the wiring needed to add to convex mirror switch is?
It’s a custom add-on harness that I can build for you. This is assuming you have a 2500/3500 ram, because the power convex mirrors don’t exist/not possible on a 1500 5th gen.

JCX1

Reaction score
I have a Ram 2500 2020 Laramie lvl 2 package with all the bells and whistles except 360 camera and safety lane assist/cruise control assist. I would like to install the 360 cameras or at least the front camera. Some help would be appreciated, what would I need to install front camera only and complexity of the installation? What would the difference be in price between doing the full 360 or the front camera? Also has anyone tried to install the bed camera?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2021 Models can be ordered with the Power Folding Tow Mirrors with 360º Cameras
from the Factory now. I got them on the Laramie I ordered on Sept 30th. Expecting Delivery
by Mid December as a Birthday/Christmas present to Myself.

Malodave

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ram 2500 2020 Laramie lvl 2 package with all the bells and whistles except 360 camera and safety lane assist/cruise control assist. I would like to install the 360 cameras or at least the front camera. Some help would be appreciated, what would I need to install front camera only and complexity of the installation? What would the difference be in price between doing the full 360 or the front camera? Also has anyone tried to install the bed camera?
To only do the front camera would still require you to buy everything except for the side mirrors. Because the front camera requires the video processing module, your current rear view camera won’t work with it. You need to get the correct tailgate handle and rear camera that works with the video processing module. That leaves you buying all the parts for surround view except for the mirrors. You would also want to configure the BCM differently, because you wouldn’t want the overhead view popping up because it will be blacked out around the sides. Instead of surround view, you would configure the BCM for the Jeep gladiator integrated front trail camera system, that way you can get the front camera to auto launch.

JCX1

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of work and money... I guess I'll have to learn to live without 360 or trade in for a new one.

Last edited:

JCX1

Reaction score
To only do the front camera would still require you to buy everything except for the side mirrors. Because the front camera requires the video processing module, your current rear view camera won’t work with it. You need to get the correct tailgate handle and rear camera that works with the video processing module. That leaves you buying all the parts for surround view except for the mirrors. You would also want to configure the BCM differently, because you wouldn’t want the overhead view popping up because it will be blacked out around the sides. Instead of surround view, you would configure the BCM for the Jeep gladiator integrated front trail camera system, that way you can get the front camera to auto launch.
Do you know of anyone that can perform this work in FL? also how much would it be total in parts with mirrors?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Question on the calibration, were you able to line up the camera 360 stitched view? My front camera is off by about 1-2 pixels and the dealership said the only way to line it up was by adjusting the camera angle in the front grill which they said they couldn't and wouldn't do.

Jkcamro67

Reaction score
It’s a custom add-on harness that I can build for you. This is assuming you have a 2500/3500 ram, because the power convex mirrors don’t exist/not possible on a 1500 5th gen.
Yeah I have a 2500. I want to add that switch.
min also looking at wiring factory fog lights and running the wiring from the rear blind spot sensors. Would you have any interest making any of that?

bskubon

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if FCA will be putting together an option package for 19/20 Ram 1500’s? I.e. now that these are included with the 21’s with tow mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread