5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surroundview camera

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if FCA will be putting together an option package for 19/20 Ram 1500’s? I.e. now that these are included with the 21’s with tow mirrors.
Option package as far as what...tow mirrors with the cameras?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, anything to get surround view on 19/20 ram 1500’s.
FCA will never have a kit to add surround view afterwards. You just need to buy the parts yourself (different part numbers than listed for the 2500)- mirrors, front camera, nameplate bezel, rear camera, tailgate handle, fakra cables, CVPM, custom harness for CVPM, and AlfaOBD to enable all the settings.

Rcimucah

Reaction score
Has anyone else had success on a 1500? I have a 2020 limited with the tow mirrors, and am seriously considering doing this if I know it can be done 100%. I want to be sure before spending money on all the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else had success on a 1500? I have a 2020 limited with the tow mirrors, and am seriously considering doing this if I know it can be done 100%. I want to be sure before spending money on all the parts.

It can 100% be added to a 1500.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Check post #133, I'm pretty sure his is a 1500

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

bskubon

Reaction score

Rcimucah, I have same exact truck (2020 1500 limited with tow mirrors) and want to exactly the same. I sent FCA a complaint like six months ago, telling them owners with tow mirrors actually need the surround view feature MORE than anyone else. Now, 2021 model year, if you got same options, would have the surround view. If you find the exact part numbers for the 1500 limited, please let me know, thanks

TravisH

Reaction score
So I’m looking at doing this. I’m adding bsm and getting different mirrors so I figured I would get ones with cameras already in them. When looking for the front camera, this piece keeps coming up.

68454267AA

It’s over $1000.

I thought the front camera was just 68144068AD, a mounting bracket and the jumper from the center to driver headlight? Can anyone confirm?

Also the rear camera…is it just the camera that can be swapped or is it the whole handle?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I’m looking at doing this. I’m adding bsm and getting different mirrors so I figured I would get ones with cameras already in them. When looking for the front camera, this piece keeps coming up.

68454267AA

It’s over $1000.

I thought the front camera was just 68144068AD, a mounting bracket and the jumper from the center to driver headlight? Can anyone confirm?

Also the rear camera…is it just the camera that can be swapped or is it the whole handle?

The part number you have linked is actually not a forward facing camera. It is the DASM that mounts on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. It is for adaptive cruise, FCW, and lane sense, and is not needed for the surround view system.
You need to swap the rear camera for the same camera part number as the front. Because the cameras used for the surround view system are bigger than the regular rear camera, and it mounts differently, you need to swap out the tailgate handle for the one specific to that camera.

TravisH

Reaction score
The part number you have linked is actually not a forward facing camera. It is the DASM that mounts on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. It is for adaptive cruise, FCW, and lane sense, and is not needed for the surround view system.
You need to swap the rear camera for the same camera part number as the front. Because the cameras used for the surround view system are bigger than the regular rear camera, and it mounts differently, you need to swap out the tailgate handle for the one specific to that camera.
Do you know if the connector for the surround camera is different than the regular rear camera? Do I need to run another cable from the tailgate or will the existing one work?

So far I have coming:
Mirrors with BSM and cameras (don't have BSM so it's a 2 birds 1 stone for me. bsm modules on the way)
Front/Rear cameras
Front camera jumper harness
Front camera mount (square bracket and RAM/grille piece)
Tailgate Handle
CVPM

Still need:
Camera cables
CVPM to radio cable
CVPM power connector

Unsure:
Rear camera cable
Already have door modules. Doesn't look like there are different variations.
Connector to CVPM for power/can.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know if the connector for the surround camera is different than the regular rear camera? Do I need to run another cable from the tailgate or will the existing one work?

So far I have coming:
Mirrors with BSM and cameras (don't have BSM so it's a 2 birds 1 stone for me. bsm modules on the way)
Front/Rear cameras
Front camera jumper harness
Front camera mount (square bracket and RAM/grille piece)
Tailgate Handle
CVPM

Still need:
Camera cables
CVPM to radio cable
CVPM power connector

Unsure:
Rear camera cable
Already have door modules. Doesn't look like there are different variations.
Connector to CVPM for power/can.
Rear camera fakra connectors are different. You’ll need a 1’ fakra z male to female cable for that. The rest of the camera cables you need:
(1) 20’ fakra z female to female- front camera
(1) 10’ fakra z female to female- driver side camera
(1) 6’ fakra z female to female- passenger side camera
(1) 3’ fakra z female to female- CVPM to rear camera in-line connector
(1) 3’ fakra z male to female- CVPM to radio in-line connector
If you don’t currently have power fold mirrors, you will need new door modules if the new mirrors with cameras are power folding.
I can build you the CVPM add-on harness.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Please, please, do a full write up. I'd love to add this.

TravisH

Reaction score
Rear camera fakra connectors are different. You’ll need a 1’ fakra z male to female cable for that. The rest of the camera cables you need:
(1) 20’ fakra z female to female- front camera
(1) 10’ fakra z female to female- driver side camera
(1) 6’ fakra z female to female- passenger side camera
(1) 3’ fakra z female to female- CVPM to rear camera in-line connector
(1) 3’ fakra z male to female- CVPM to radio in-line connector
If you don’t currently have power fold mirrors, you will need new door modules if the new mirrors with cameras are power folding.
I can build you the CVPM add-on harness.

My current mirrors are power folding. You mention a 1’ cable for rear camera. Is there another connection point in the tailgate? Or is just for adapting and 1’ is the shortest?

I am pretty comfortable making harnesses. I worked in the 12 volt automotive industry for 12 years. Would you mind telling me the connector and pin part numbers for the cvpm power/can? I appreciate the offer though.

Last edited:

TravisH

Reaction score
Does anyone know the connector p/n for the cvpm?

TravisH

Reaction score
Almost done.

15abffa9fdc2643bc616c4bab5b89a92.jpg

dbb6edf63d20ee1b4d0131695b9c8a9f.jpg

cc073ab346e9d2547375bf406d6e80e9.jpg

760ca79dbcb609b5bd287497d5e7486d.jpg

jstougard

Reaction score
I purchased the vehicle when it was in transit and the dealers website said surround view cameras and then when I received the truck it had the tow mirrors. I already purchased all of the pieces that 19RamLimited listed and I began installing it. I was just curious before I swap the grill out if there is anything I need to know as far as the wiring goes. And the dealer said they will reprogram and calibrate the cameras for $120.
do you have a links for the parts?

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone still follows this post?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

E1NSER

Reaction score
Im in for the DIY if someone doesnt mind compiling all the data into a single thread. Been through every post and its a little confusing between people having the 1500 vs 2500 and specific options like power mirrors, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread